Interesting recruit's perspective on the ISU v Iowa series continuation.

of course not its his only game he would get exposure...if isu didn't have this game would they have any motivation throughout the year...after this game you don't hear about the clowns again

this kid seems like a pretty good pickup for ISU. Good luck with him, but i still dont give two S***s about this game.

"...if isu didn't have this game would they have any motivation throughout the year"

Yeah...Iowa is so much more impressive to play than Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M. Get serious. Those games in Ames will be absolute sellouts.

And Gravy, HE isn't so much interesting individually, its his perspective on the ISU v Iowa matchup. If in-state recruits of all stripes find this game important, that means...it IS important, to both schools. And that is an interesting point IMO. If you find it not to be so...great for you.

"...if isu didn't have this game would they have any motivation throughout the year"

Yeah...Iowa is so much more impressive to play than Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M. Get serious. Those games in Ames will be absolute sellouts.

So is that why you spend time on an Iowa board, because you're more impressed with playing Texas, et al than Iowa? Who knows, maybe you give equal time to the Aggies and Red Raiders.

And Gravy, HE isn't so much interesting individually, its his perspective on the ISU v Iowa matchup. If in-state recruits of all stripes find this game important, that means...it IS important, to both schools. And that is an interesting point IMO. If you find it not to be so...great for you.

At this point yeah, Iowa is more impressive to play that all those team except Texas.
those games will only sell out because of who they are playing... not because of ISU.
Iowa sells out even if they're playing bottom dwellers or D2 teams like ISU, EIU, Indiana, Montana....
p.s. if everyone in his family are hawkeye fans and some have season tickets... do you really think he's a cyclone at heart?

I went to school at Iowa...had I gone to school at A&M or Tech, I'd spend time on their boards. I'm an Iowa fan, minus when they play ISU...that is why I'm here. Its not complicated...nor is it motivated by any sort of dislike of Iowa. As a fan of both teams, its much easier to look at all things Iowa and ISU with a bit more objectivity than most.

You think that ISU vs Oklahoma State and Texas A&M will be "absolute sellouts"? ISU's last home games against the following teams, with attendance listed (Official capacity is 55,000):

Texas (2007): 52,060
Oklahoma (2007): 49,511
Oklahoma State (2009): 40,540
Texas Tech (2006): 44,112
Texas A&M (2008): 45,495

In contrast, here are the last few times Iowa and Nebraska have traveled to Ames:

Iowa (2009): 52,089
Nebraska (2008): 48,794
Iowa (2007): 49,519
Nebraska (2006): 55,338

I can see why you would think that Texas and Oklahoma every other year would be able to replace losing Nebraska and (hypothetically) Iowa, but I have no idea why you have any sort of confidence that the other South schools will come close to sellouts.

PS - Before looking at their schedule, I never realized how favorable ISU's 2009 schedule was. Their South opponents were OSU, A&M, & Baylor? Texas, Oklahoma, and Tech every year is going to be a real eye-opener.

Dude...I remember the late 70's when Iowa wasn't selling out its games. Don't pretend that some greater loyalty exists amongst Hawkeye fans...ISU fills the stadium for UNI as much or more than it does for Iowa. Iowa has had a lot of success since the early 80's...ISU's day is coming.

You are citing the "Chizik" years, when enthusiasm bottomed out....even so, four of those games represent very near or OVER 100% filling of stadium capacity (Originally, the stadium had a capacity of 42,500, all on the sidelines. In 1976, end zone bleachers were constructed to increase capacity to more than 46,000).

Texas Tech, Nebraska and Utah visit Ames this year...would you like to place a large bet that both are sellout games? Okie, A&M, and Texas come in 2011. I'd be willing to wager those are sellouts as well.

Last edited:
Dude...I remember the late 70's when Iowa wasn't selling out its games. Don't pretend that some greater loyalty exists amongst Hawkeye fans...ISU fills the stadium for UNI as much or more than it does for Iowa. Iowa has had a lot of success since the early 80's...ISU's day is coming.

Hasn't their day been coming since 1912, or whenever they last won a conference title?

The lament of ISU is that do not get national tv exposure. I'll ask this, if ISU wants more national exposure then wouldn't Florida or USC o r Notre Dame be a better opponent than Iowa? It just seems that on one hand they complain the media doesn't treat them fairly and on the other hand they do things that contradict with getting it. Maybe ISU should drop Iowa for Nebraska. They might get more exposure from an annual series with them.

I went to school at Iowa...had I gone to school at A&M or Tech, I'd spend time on their boards. I'm an Iowa fan, minus when they play ISU...that is why I'm here. Its not complicated...nor is it motivated by any sort of dislike of Iowa. As a fan of both teams, its much easier to look at all things Iowa and ISU with a bit more objectivity than most.

It's not possible to be a fan of both programs, and truly be a fan. Not possible.

Texas Tech, Nebraska and Utah visit Ames this year...would you like to place a large bet that both are sellout games? Okie, A&M, and Texas come in 2011. I'd be willing to wager those are sellouts as well.

ISU does fill the stadium for UNI, but what percentage of the crowd is wearing purple?

Which two of the Texas Tech, Nebraska, and Utah games are you banking on being sellouts? Nebraksa seems like the obvious first choice.

You are citing the "Chizik" years, when enthusiasm bottomed out....even so, four of those games represent very near or OVER 100% filling of stadium capacity (Originally, the stadium had a capacity of 42,500, all on the sidelines. In 1976, end zone bleachers were constructed to increase capacity to more than 46,000).

Enthusiasm bottomed out with Chizik? He was there for 2 years and people were ****** he left for Auburn, I don't think people get mad when a coach leaves if the enthusiam had bottomed out.

What is your definition of a sellout at JTS? Is it 45,000 or 55,000? If the latter I will bet you anything Tech, Nebraska and Utah don't get 55,000. Maybe Nebraska will because of it being the last time they come to JTS but the other two won't.

"You can't be serious?"

Quite serious:

The current record for single-game attendance, 56,795, was set on September 8, 2007 when the Cyclones played Northern Iowa.

AS for being a fan of both...it may be impossible for you. But it is not for me. I root for both schools...with passion. Every weekend I'm at my local sports bar screaming and yelling at the TV for the Cyclones and the Hawks...don't project your limitations on others.

When UNI visits...perhaps 5000 are wearing purple. For the record, an official sellout is just a hair over 46,000. You can bet that NU, Utah and Texas Tech will all be sellouts and almost certainly well over 50,000 in attendance...as many will be in standing room only status.

As for Chizik...ISU fans were celebrating when he left. And even more ecstatic when Rhoads arrived. Chizik was never liked by the fan base....there was an initial excitement thanks to his very strong credentials...but his interactions with the fans put that to an end very quickly.

Last edited: