interesting discussion

looks like one of those prototypical west coast cool QBs. Throwing the ball around staying cool.

edit: back to pass, dumps it off.........

Ok, I'll admit I don't understand this this whole theory. Two players you are redshirting may practice better than your current back-up so you don't play your back-up in deference to that? That makes no sense. You've got nothing to lose by playing Rudock because given the chance he might be better than he practices. I don't buy this theory. He didn't play Rudock because he wanted to give JVB every chance to improve after he changed coordinators coming in to his senior season. I don't think it had anything to do with Rudock's ability.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that theory makes absolutely no sense.

If Rhodes (at ISU) thought he could win one game he would have burned the redshirt, nothing against jvb but 4-8 and we dont try a change of QB ? come on

if you have a QB that could be a 4 year starter, why burn his RS for a couple games?
and this was not KF saying this it was a couple reporters that cover the team. talking about this and they liked the Idea of not wasting his RS for a couple games

if you have a QB that could be a 4 year starter, why burn his RS for a couple games?
and this was not KF saying this it was a couple reporters that cover the team. talking about this and they liked the Idea of not wasting his RS for a couple games

Herby, you keep bringing this up in multiple posts.....so I think you are confused....

Rudock used his redshirt last year as a true freshman. This year he was a redshirt FR and his year was just wasted because Ferentz didn't put him in for even 1 play. Totally wasted year......can't get it back.....only 3 left.

Sokol is a Juco transfer and used his redshirt this year. Coaches wanted to save him so he has 2 more seasons.

Beathard is a true ,freshman and was redshirted to adapt like most freshmen do if possible. He now has 4 years ahead of him.

Herby, you keep bringing this up in multiple posts.....so I think you are confused....

Rudock used his redshirt last year as a true freshman. This year he was a redshirt FR and his year was just wasted because Ferentz didn't put him in for even 1 play. Totally wasted year......can't get it back.....only 3 left.

Sokol is a Juco transfer and used his redshirt this year. Coaches wanted to save him so he has 2 more seasons.

Beathard is a true ,freshman and was redshirted to adapt like most freshmen do if possible. He now has 4 years ahead of him.

You want to see something weird?

3 + 2 + 4 = 9, or we have 9 seasons of QB eligibility currently on the 3 deep. No that is not the weird part.

Right this very minute KF is scratching his head trying to figure out how he can start the same QB for 9 straight seasons. That is the weird part.

But seriously,

If one was to apply "REDMETRICS", Red can you tell us who is the favorite going into spring ball?

If this kid can be a solid starter next year..What the hell makes you think he'll stick around for his 5th year?? They rarely do so anymore. He'll be itching for the pros if he is worth a hoot. If he could have helped the team or any QB helped the team this year,they should have played.

Yeah, no sense actually trying to win some games this year. Better save that redshirt.

Im fine with not playing Beathard and even Sokol. The talk of them being the next big thing is most likely internet bs anyway.

But Vandenburg was so abysmal that there is just no excuse to have not tried Ruddock or Weinkie.

If Beathard is clearly the top guy going into the spring and KF chose not to play him this year in order to save the redshirt season, then it makes the decision to burn Drew Tate's redshirt in '03 very interesting. It really would have been nice to have an extra year of Tate and completely avoid the JC era.

Maybe we didn't learn as a fanbase, that high ranked recruits can fizzle out. Be honest, it is about developement (Charlie Weis learned this the hard way)...though when you go 4-8, that becomes a tough sell. Tommy Tuberville has a high octane offense, but the money boyz are calling for his head...and they have the means to buy him out....we don't.

Here is an idea. Maybe at the next press conference the media should ask why JVB took all snaps and breakdown all three QB's for next year, and don't stop the questions until you get answers. Worse case is, Kirk gets annoyed and stops the press conference and tells everyone to leave his house, saving us all time. Welcome to the world of accountability for making an insulting salary.

I dont know. Maybe because you play to win the game??

Why not play him? He'd still have 3 more years left and lets by honest in the world of recruiting a 6-6 record looks much better than 4-8. He could easily start the remainder of his career, but if we don't bring in play makers to support him it doesn't matter how good he is. I say play him as a freshman, if he's the real deal then analyze what he can do on game day and try to develop your offense around the positives and the things that work.

There's nothing wrong with giving a guy some experience so that he can have 3 full years to show off his talent rather than having to go through the growing pains of being thrown right in immeidately with no time to get the feet wet.

Here is an idea. Maybe at the next press conference the media should ask why JVB took all snaps and breakdown all three QB's for next year, and don't stop the questions until you get answers. Worse case is, Kirk gets annoyed and stops the press conference and tells everyone to leave his house, saving us all time. Welcome to the world of accountability for making an insulting salary.

AMEN to that. I can't imagine why no one will ask Ferentz any tough questions. The press is so wimpy around him. They seem so intimidated by him. Cmon, he aint Bob Knight!! There was an uproar when Ferentz said f***!!!! If the press will stand up to him and press until they get an answer we might understand his reasoning behind not pulling JVB.

It is not an unreasonable question. Answering these questions comes along with the head coaching position.

Latest posts