Injury Updates?

If JBo isn’t practicing because he’s in so much pain, he needs to go ahead and shut it down. No reason to push the ten game limit and give the ncaa any excuse to deny him a medical redshirt. I think PMac will probably also redshirt. Has anybody heard when Nunge is expected to or already has had surgery on his knee? The last time I remember Iowa having so many nagging injuries they called them the “walking wounded.” All we did that year was go to the final four.

If JBo isn’t practicing because he’s in so much pain, he needs to go ahead and shut it down. No reason to push the ten game limit and give the ncaa any excuse to deny him a medical redshirt. I think PMac will probably also redshirt. Has anybody heard when Nunge is expected to or already has had surgery on his knee? The last time I remember Iowa having so many nagging injuries they called them the “walking wounded.” All we did that year was go to the final four.
Iowa knows the rules. It doesn’t sound like there is a lot of grey area. Jbo wants to help the team accumulate quality wins before he shuts it down. He’s certainly done that already, would love to see him light up Hilton.

There are a lot of JBO rumors floating, including that he will need additional surgery. The totality of the evidence suggests he is playing through 10 and then will call it. If so, I think this team's hopes of a tourney bid drop quite a bit.

Its also hard to be optimistic about Patrick at this point.

If both redshirt, we are down to what, 8 true scholarship players? Well, we have bitched for years that Fran's rotations are too big. Guess we get our wish.....

I've watched someone in my immediate family go through cancer treatment and the drugs that follow. Obviously we're talking about a young man in his physical prime here but its not just the cancer anymore, its now on to the complications caused by the treatment and the complications from the drugs he'll have to continue to take the rest of his life.

For Patrick to live a somewhat normal life will be a huge win for him. If he's able to play major college basketball it will be borderline miraculous