Injury Updates?

smhawk

Feel like information on this teams injuries has been hard to come by.

Is Patrick expected to return to the lineup at any point?

When will Pemsl and CJ be expected to return?

I have no inside information but I’m of the belief they are planning on going for a medical redshirt for Pat.

I think at some point we need a lot more info on JBo. Think it was posted on Twitter yesterday that he isn't even practicing because of the pain. If that's true I don't know what the point of all this is. Just shut him down?

Edit: saw the discussion in the other thread

Last edited:
I think at some point we need a lot more info on JBo. Think it was posted on Twitter yesterday that he isn't even practicing because of the pain. If that's true I don't know what the point of all this is. Just shut him down?

Edit: saw the discussion in the other thread

I hope you are wrong.....that really sucks if it's true.

There are a lot of JBO rumors floating, including that he will need additional surgery. The totality of the evidence suggests he is playing through 10 and then will call it. If so, I think this team's hopes of a tourney bid drop quite a bit.

Its also hard to be optimistic about Patrick at this point.

If both redshirt, we are down to what, 8 true scholarship players? Well, we have bitched for years that Fran's rotations are too big. Guess we get our wish.....

As I've written in stories and posted on here, I would be a lot more surprised if JB plays beyond 10 games than if he shuts it down. The 6-2 start has him thinking about pushing through, but I think he'll listen to his body.

iowa should be a better team next season. i hope jbo RS. he'll be more valuable on a better team.

As I've written in stories and posted on here, I would be a lot more surprised if JB plays beyond 10 games than if he shuts it down. The 6-2 start has him thinking about pushing through, but I think he'll listen to his body.
I'm certainly in this camp as well. Especially after hearing about him not practicing much recently.. The whole intent of him having the surgery to begin with as I remember it was he wanted to be able to play a season pain free. Well we are almost 10 games in and he can't pretend that that's the case. For his sake (not the teams I think team is way better with him then without even an 80% JBO) he should shut it down and come back at 100% next yr.

Next year could be really special. J Bo back healthy, Wieskamp stays, Garza a senior, Nunge probably back, CJ and Toussaint get another year of seasoning, the Wonder Twins power activates and they contribute as freshmen. That's a Sweet 16 team there.

NIT this year though.

JBo is sure playing well for someone in pain. I thought he has looked pretty good defensively too. I mean...they called a few crappy calls to give the Cuse point guard and ones, but I've thought he actually looks pretty good on the defensive end.

CJ is going to have to be really healthy if Bohannon doesn't play. With Wieskamp, Bohannon, and CJ on the floor, it's tough on the defense...because you can't very well double Garza with those three on the perimeter. From what I'm seeing...Connor, Evelyn, & Toussaint just aren't consistent enough from three. That could change...but hopefully JBo hip is moving in the right direction.

It would be difficult for him not to play, but it would be better to take a redshirt than suffer a season-ending injury when the timing is too late to redshirt.

I have a feeling that JoeW and Luka are going to come back next season and we would be a dangerous team with Bohannon, Wiescamp, and Frederick on the perimeter with Luka in the paint with almost everyone else coming back with a year of experience under their belts.

Not to mention a lot of incoming talent which might be somewhat underrated.

I have a feeling that this will be a special year anyway and next season could be a remarkable one.

:cool:

I really think CJF will play and play well. Kid is a gamer. I don’t know if it will be enough though. Michigan is going to be hungry coming off their loss.

I really think CJF will play and play well. Kid is a gamer. I don’t know if it will be enough though. Michigan is going to be hungry coming off their loss.
If It’s like JW a week ago being hurt and sick, don’t play CJF if he’s 80%.
Rest and heal.
It’s a long season.