Inconsequential, yet annoying

Sure it's attention-seeking. But I would hope that maybe even next year, we'd WANT our fans (particularly the student section) to get some attention. Raucous crowds are an attractive thing to sell on recruits.

I want the students to get attention for being Hawkeye fans. I don't have a problem with the Fran heads, I don't have a problem with the overalls, and I even dig those guys ho come in with the spandex gold body suit. All of those things rep the Hawks. Find a TV camera and go crazy!

Dressing up like a teletubbie or Jackie Moon doesn't have anything to do with Iowa or the game. It's lame attention whoring. Find a Herky head and get back at me.

I want the students to get attention for being Hawkeye fans. I don't have a problem with the Fran heads, I don't have a problem with the overalls, and I even dig those guys ho come in with the spandex gold body suit. All of those things rep the Hawks. Find a TV camera and go crazy!

Dressing up like a teletubbie or Jackie Moon doesn't have anything to do with Iowa or the game. It's lame attention whoring. Find a Herky head and get back at me.

Sure it's attention-seeking. But I would hope that maybe even next year, we'd WANT our fans (particularly the student section) to get some attention. Raucous crowds are an attractive thing to sell on recruits.

Would it be better if the teletubbies had tiger hawks on their outfits?

The ESPN guys were wondering how Captain America got a ticket for the student section. They said he looked to be at least 50 years old. Grad student ?

I have a class with him, the dude is nuts. Sure seems to love dancing with the big head posters though.

The best costumes I've ever seen at an Iowa sporting event had to be the guys who dressed as Stanzi, DJK, Clayborn, and A-Rob for Halloween at Kinnick. The kicker was that they were "Lego" players. They were very convincing costumes, too. That's dedication, putting in the kind of time they certainly had to.

My hat's off to the students who are actually showing up, no matter what costume they choose to wear. If costume night is what it takes to get them there, I'd favor buying them all teletubbies outfits.

Although, I would draw the line at having a "furry" convention in the CHA stands. You have to have some standards.

Of course it doesn't matter to me, and I already said I'm glad that they come to the games. I was simply remarking that it's an attention seeking activity. Because it is.
I can't believe we are discussing someone getting attention. We are talking about Iowa where fans are ****** off if ESPN or B-10 network doesn't give enough time on the Hawks. We are talking about fans that are bent out of shape if Game Day doesn't come to IC. Have you guys never watched Duke, Arizona, UNC, or most major schools? Its part of being a kid in college. WE ALL WANT RECOGNITION in a world where you can feel insignificant just from watching grocery store commercials. Do you not think the same thing for the kids that spot the camera and all of a sudden go berserk? Do you buy that black and gold corvette so you don't get attention? Do you buy a #34 jersey so you don't get attention? Leave it alone and lets move on to something that might make a difference.

Latest posts