Inconsequential, yet annoying

This is hard to take, if IFG is the only one in my corner.

Like I said, inconsequential. And I am a fan of most all the other stuff. I mean, Elvis makes sense, because what gym hasn't been Heatbreak Hotel for one team. And Captain America makes sense, inspiring a wounded point guard to come back and help save the day. And Star Wars characters can help with the force when Darth Hightower is in the house. Just the teletubbies seems odd.

The ESPN guys were wondering how Captain America got a ticket for the student section. They said he looked to be at least 50 years old. Grad student ?

I sat in the 4th row next to the band opposite side of the student section. I heard a one of the Permar security employees comment to one of the fans that he is a student and that he had a stint in the military prior to be coming a college student. Great to see him having a good time!! Enjoy the college life even if you're starting a little late and thanks for your services in the military!

I say keep the teletubbies and add more Star Wars characters... I could use a few jedi's and Princess Leah attending the games. Keep it up student section... about time you get the mojo going. Make us middle aged fellas jealous of the fun you are having!

Maybe if this were BYU, but I don't think there are that many college aged virgins.

I love the costumes. I saw a couple students in 70's running gear about to rush the court. Maybe we can actually differentiate ourselves from other student sections by wearing the most obnoxious & annoying costumes.

They weren't in running gear, they were wearing Semi-Pro outfits.

I'm glad that people are going to the games.

That said, it never ceases to amaze me how badly some people desire attention.

I'm glad that people are going to the games.

That said, it never ceases to amaze me how badly some people desire attention.

Wow? I don't see how dressing up as something crazy or stupid means you are desiring attention more than it means you know how to let loose and have a good time.

I suppose you like the fella who is sitting in his dorm room during the Hawkeye games playing game on his X-Box Live?

I would rather hang out with the teletubbies than THAT guy.

Wow? I don't see how dressing up as something crazy or stupid means you are desiring attention more than it means you know how to let loose and have a good time.

I suppose you like the fella who is sitting in his dorm room during the Hawkeye games playing game on his X-Box Live?

Gimme a break. The people dressing up are obviously doing it for the attention. There is quite a bit of space between stadium AW and loser at home alone. How about putting on gold and cheering your *** off the entire game. If you ask me, that person is a better fan than the knob in the costume who would trample his own grandma if she got between him and a TV camera.

They weren't in running gear, they were wearing Semi-Pro outfits.

Of course they were, my bad...
semi-pro-575.jpg

Because clearly, the only two options are wearing a crazy outfit unrelated to the event you are attending in any aspect and staying home playing video games.

Great call, Greg! Glad we had you here to cut to the heart of the matter.

Because clearly, the only two options are wearing a crazy outfit unrelated to the event you are attending in any aspect and staying home playing video games.

Great call, Greg! Glad we had you here to cut to the heart of the matter.

If they show up at games (big plus) and cheer like crazy for the Hawkeyes (second big plus), what does it matter to you what they wear? Sheesh. Get a life.

The Teletubbies are out there, for sure. But the Stanford Band always does carzy stuff like that, too. I don't have a problem with it, because those guys are some of the loudest in the student section. If they just sat on their a**es all game, then I'd say take off the costumes. But they're into it.

Hell, I'm going to start wearing crazy stuff to the games next year. I probably won't have my pick of the seats anymore, so I'll have to sit in the student section. As long as I'm there, I might as well go crazy.

If they show up at games (big plus) and cheer like crazy for the Hawkeyes (second big plus), what does it matter to you what they wear? Sheesh. Get a life.
Of course it doesn't matter to me, and I already said I'm glad that they come to the games. I was simply remarking that it's an attention seeking activity. Because it is.

Of course it doesn't matter to me, and I already said I'm glad that they come to the games. I was simply remarking that it's an attention seeking activity. Because it is.

Sure it's attention-seeking. But I would hope that maybe even next year, we'd WANT our fans (particularly the student section) to get some attention. Raucous crowds are an attractive thing to sell on recruits.

Latest posts