Incarnate Word?!?

Iowa State tried to play Drake (keep the revenue monies in state) and was rejected by the NCAA.
There are limited options to find a 12th game, at this stage.
Iowa State is only paying $300k plus the plane for this.
Business-wise, they made a great deal and got that 12th game.

Dm8QGP9U4AAHfOA.jpg

Incarnate Word is D3 right? I'm surprised that's even allowed.

I did a little looking up. Incarnate Word started it's football team in 2009 at the DII level and bumped up to D1(FCS) in 2014. They won a single game last year. They've only had a single winning year, going 6-5 their last year at DII.

If they lose by less than 35 points to any given team, they are making progress. This year their loses so far are 30-62 against New Mexico, and a 16-58 loss to North Texas. Take into account the opponents practice squad is usually in by the fourth quarter. Iowa State can probably call off the dogs some time in the 2nd quarter. Fresno State destroyed these guys last year 66-0. We can all pray nobody gets killed.

I did a little looking up. Incarnate Word started it's football team in 2009 at the DII level and bumped up to D1(FCS) in 2014. They won a single game last year. They've only had a single winning year, going 6-5 their last year at DII.

If they lose by less than 35 points to any given team, they are making progress. This year their loses so far are 30-62 against New Mexico, and a 16-58 loss to North Texas. Take into account the opponents practice squad is usually in by the fourth quarter. Iowa State can probably call off the dogs some time in the 2nd quarter. Fresno State destroyed these guys last year 66-0. We can all pray nobody gets killed.

Iowa needs to pay Incarnate Word an extra $500,000 to have them send their uniforms to us for us to play the Clowns. Since we get better as the season goes on, we can open up play this time and really run up the score. Put the Ferentz' in the booth and let their coaches roam the field.

Geez. That's embarrassing. Why? Why would they do this to themselves? They'll be the national joke of December 1st.

Just watch the go 5-6 and have a major blizzard cancel the game so they can't go to a bowl.

Or watch them go 5-6 and beat them 24-23...

Looks like they were a Jr. college team that wanted to be a 4 year college. I've seen high school venues better than that.

Latest posts