In-State RB Brevin Doll Chooses Iowa

Granted, his film isn't vs top-notch competition, but this dude is flat-out running away from people.
Just a man amongst boys out there.
You guys are spot on. I was able to get the chance to see him play against my nephew in the playoffs. Dude is good. You can just get the sense watching him that he's playing a different game than everyone else. So much faster (speed and brains). He just stands out. Tough to see it on film, but he's just different seeing someone in person. He looks like a different breed than the rest of them. In know he's listed at 6'1" 190, but it just feels like he's bigger because of how much he stands out on the field. I'm pretty pumped to see him at Iowa.

He reminds me of Sedrick Shaw. Similar size. When he sees a hole it's like he's shot out of a cannon. Upright runner. If he stacks up to either of our comps, we got something.
Yeah Shaw was a little bigger he was like 215 lbs and wasn't afraid to run inside. He was the definition of an every down bell cow back. Fry used to run him into the ground. Definitely an upright runner with nimble feet. Never made it easy to tackle him. Best thing that happened to Shaw was Banks coming on and being so good himself that he took some of the load off of him. I think they overlapped 2 yrs.

4.4ish. legit fast fast dude.

Just looked him up...10.74 in 100m finals last year as a sophomore. Has run 11 flat early this season. That is some legit wheels.

Would love to see better LJ numbers from him (19' 7" last year as a soph, compared to DeJean jumping around 23.5' as a senior), but maybe he just hasn't focused much on that event.

As an aside, it is way harder to look up high school track and field results than it should be. There used to be a publicly available stats site that Iowa coaches had to submit to, but that seems to have disappeared. I am sure it was a pain for coaches, but it was great for HS sports fans.

You guys are spot on. I was able to get the chance to see him play against my nephew in the playoffs. Dude is good. You can just get the sense watching him that he's playing a different game than everyone else. So much faster (speed and brains). He just stands out. Tough to see it on film, but he's just different seeing someone in person. He looks like a different breed than the rest of them. In know he's listed at 6'1" 190, but it just feels like he's bigger because of how much he stands out on the field. I'm pretty pumped to see him at Iowa.

That is basically what @hawkeyegamefilm said about Aiden Hall after watching him live. Sounds like we are getting a bunch of dudes on the bus, now just need to figure out where they all sit.

Just looked him up...10.74 in 100m finals last year as a sophomore. Has run 11 flat early this season. That is some legit wheels.

Would love to see better LJ numbers from him (19' 7" last year as a soph, compared to DeJean jumping around 23.5' as a senior), but maybe he just hasn't focused much on that event.

As an aside, it is way harder to look up high school track and field results than it should be. There used to be a publicly available stats site that Iowa coaches had to submit to, but that seems to have disappeared. I am sure it was a pain for coaches, but it was great for HS sports fans.
Fair to say comparing about anyone to DeJean his SR yr is tough. He was/is pretty freaky. Yeah I look forward to this kid putting on 10 more lbs of muscle or more and seeing what he can really max himself out at.. If he has same work ethic as DeJean and there's no reason to think he doesn't he'll be a ton of fun to watch.

We need an offensive weapon like that. A guy who can lineup anywhere and run about any play. They tried dabbling with Goodson like that but he was a bit limited. This kid is just what the doctor ordered. Granted will he play early on or not I don't know. But I do know talented kids don't sit nowadays.

Set yourself up a free account and away you go.
They're a week or so behind but the way you can mix/match stuff is pretty cool

Lucky we don't ask our RB's to long jump!

Tim Dwight ran 10.31 in the 100m in 1999. According to the ISHAA he ran a 10.2 in 1994. Wouldn't put too much stock in that one, since it was all hand-timed in high school and only to the tenth of a second.

Either way, that's some good company to be in. Superman wears #6 and he plays for the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Great indicator of explosiveness, though. I have always believed that great hurdle speed and field events translate to the football field even better than flat speed. Controlled speed and explosiveness, respectively.
Yea, I was just kidding.

Set yourself up a free account and away you go.
They're a week or so behind but the way you can mix/match stuff is pretty cool

Here are his current 100m and 200m times vs the rest of Iowa as of 4/19/23 (the two events Doll enters)...

100m - 25th in the state at a 11.03, 1st is 10.56

200m - 87th in the state at 23.06, 1st is 21.69

This obviously doesn't have much of a bearing on his football ability (the dude is fast, no doubt about it). Strictly for conjecture.

Here are his current 100m and 200m times vs the rest of Iowa as of 4/19/23 (the two events Doll enters)...

This obviously doesn't have much of a bearing on his football ability (the dude is fast, no doubt about it). Strictly for conjecture.
I am guessing he has probably added some good weight since his sophomore season. That may impact his track times. The weather has been crap so far this year as well. Some kids do not run well until things start heating up. His season is not even half over and a lot of early meets are not the toughest competition. We will see where he ends up with Drake, state qualifiers and state still in front of him.

I just saw an interview with him from Trent Condons podcast. I guess Trent grew up with both of his parents and has known him since he was born. Which is pretty damn cool. Brevin was saying that he had been having some hip pain and docs told him to lay low for a week or so. He said after that he should be good to go to compete in track though.

I'd seen that some were thinking he may end up switching to play D and be a safety... It didn't seem like that's what's going to happen or what I hope happens either. Dude is an offensive weapon. Iowa is lacking offensive weapons to say the least. He mentioned that Ladell Betts had wanted to use him similarly to Tyler Goodson. Move him around and get him involved in passing game some too. Makes all the sense in the world to me. Iowa can turn 2 star nobodies into all BIG defensive backs. I'm sure Parker would love to have him but I would think BF should win that tug of war.

Latest posts