In-State RB Brevin Doll Chooses Iowa

I wonder if he stays at RB? Looks like he is a lot like the Aiden Hall from Harlan who is coming in this fall....
As of right now they say he staying at RB because of his speed. Given the fact that he's never played defense, I'd have to think that WR is the best option if he's not at RB. You're right, Hall is a similar type athlete but is more of an all-around player and is listed as a LB. Hard to tell where either of them actually end up, but it's great having these stud athletes rolling in.

Really nice get. Granted, his film isn't vs top-notch competition, but this dude is flat-out running away from people. Add a little shake-and-bake to that straight line speed and he might eventually remind us of Wadley.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him get on the field early on kick-off or punt returns.

Kinda has a Brandon Wegher feel about him. Just a man amongst boys out there. Both played 3A ball. They use him in the passing game some from the highlight tape they showed of him anyway. A kid that can fly like that with a 4.4ish 40 time with ball skills can't be ignored. Huge get locking him up.

As of right now they say he staying at RB because of his speed. Given the fact that he's never played defense, I'd have to think that WR is the best option if he's not at RB. You're right, Hall is a similar type athlete but is more of an all-around player and is listed as a LB. Hard to tell where either of them actually end up, but it's great having these stud athletes rolling in.

He does have impressive stats as an all around RB who looks like he could be a receiving threat out of the backfield. Exciting for him to come.

Really nice get. Granted, his film isn't vs top-notch competition, but this dude is flat-out running away from people. Add a little shake-and-bake to that straight line speed and he might eventually remind us of Wadley.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him get on the field early on kick-off or punt returns.

Yea, for some HS players, it's not their fault they play on lower division teams in HS. Diamond's in the rough to be had.

Kinda has a Brandon Wegher feel about him. Just a man amongst boys out there. Both played 3A ball. They use him in the passing game some from the highlight tape they showed of him anyway. A kid that can fly like that with a 4.4ish 40 time with ball skills can't be ignored. Huge get locking him up.

..............and his size. That had to play into many of his offers as well. He just has that freakish athleticism with his size, no matter where he played at.

I love that he is interested in special teams as a way to get on the field ASAP. Great attitude and given his athleticism, seems like STs would be a great place to get him early PT. His track times are wicked fast. I love how this recruiting class is shaping up.

I love that he is interested in special teams as a way to get on the field ASAP. Great attitude and given his athleticism, seems like STs would be a great place to get him early PT. His track times are wicked fast. I love how this recruiting class is shaping up.

How fast? Sorry, too lazy to try to look up his times.

..............and his size. That had to play into many of his offers as well. He just has that freakish athleticism with his size, no matter where he played at.
Yeah Wegher was like 5'10 195 in HS with about 10 more lbs added when he got to Iowa. Total freak show of an athlete just built to be a RB. Coulda been Christian McCaffery before he came along had he not been a head case. There's some hyperbole to that obviously but I don't think it's too wild of a statement. Doll is 190ish now and there's no reason to think he couldn't put on 10-15 more lbs and maintain his speed.

I like that they put Doll in the slot and used him in the passing game some it's smart. Not only for their team but for his development as a player.

Yeah Wegher was like 5'10 195 in HS with about 10 more lbs added when he got to Iowa. Total freak show of an athlete just built to be a RB. Coulda been Christian McCaffery before he came along had he not been a head case. There's some hyperbole to that obviously but I don't think it's too wild of a statement. Doll is 190ish now and there's no reason to think he couldn't put on 10-15 more lbs and maintain his speed.

I like that they put Doll in the slot and used him in the passing game some it's smart. Not only for their team but for his development as a player.

I don't think so either. He could have an effect on the game with his receiving skills and quickness. I say use him like McCaffery.

Latest posts