In-State PG D.J. Carton Places Hawkeyes Among Top 6

What the hell does that have to do with what I was talking about? I was referencing the specific cynical narrative that Fran's agenda is to intentionally fail at recruiting a PG this cycle because he his son is at the same position. The post had nothing to do with his overall recruiting and roster make-up. Statements such as these from this thread illustrate my point:

I've been as critical of Fran's PG recruiting and roster make-up as anyone, and I'm in no way defending his overall recruiting, but, in all fairness, the insinuation that he's not recruiting Carton hard because he "has his PG" is frankly asinine and baseless. As Rob pointed out, Fran has been present at more of Carton's AAU games than any interested coach, and has probably had more face time with him than any other P5 coach in the country.

As for the number of offers, it's a double-edged sword. I'm sure he has several PG offers in mind, but my guess is that he's cognizant of the possibility that offering and getting a commitment from say, Hutchens or Locure, could hurt his chances with Carton. Not having a lot of offers out doesn't necessarily imply lack of interest.
Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean he or she is being asinine or baseless.

Also, nobody said Fran is 'intentionally' failing at recruiting a point guard in the '19 class.

I'm guessing we don't land a top 100 PG/CG for the rest of Fran's tenure. Unless lightning strikes in 2020/21 with a deep NCAA tourney run. He doesn't win enough games or recruit well enough to attract them.
That's a big part of it but I think there's more to it. Penn State plays in the deadest crib in the league and has a spottier recent NCAA history than we do and none of that stopped Tony Carr from going there. I think it comes back to Fran's offense and how it places restrictions on quick point guards and what they do best. Limited freedom to break defenders down off the dribble, limited attacking of the rim, passing over dribbling. This in addition to what you said and what you've said in the past about his record in close games.

It would have been interesting to see who he could have landed if he were here during the Lickliter years. There was Marcus Paige at Linn Mar, Wes Washpun at CR Washington, Kaylon Williams at Kennedy, and Chasson Randle at Rock Island. Lickliter had no shot. I wonder would Fran have had a shot.

Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean he or she is being asinine or baseless.

Also, nobody said Fran is 'intentionally' failing at recruiting a point guard in the '19 class.
Disagreeing and not getting the point of a post are two different things. As I stated, I actually agree that Fran's approach to recruiting deserves criticism, especially with balancing out the roster.

And, to be clear, I'm not saying a poster is asinine or baseless, I'm saying the insinuation that Fran doesn't want to bring in another good PG because his son plays the position is asinine and baseless. You're splitting some pretty fine hairs if you want to take the stance that you're not implying such with your statements in this thread.

Disagreeing and not getting the point of a post are two different things. As I stated, I actually agree that Fran's approach to recruiting deserves criticism, especially with balancing out the roster.

And, to be clear, I'm not saying a poster is asinine or baseless, I'm saying the insinuation that Fran doesn't want to bring in another good PG because his son plays the position is asinine and baseless. You're splitting some pretty fine hairs if you want to take the stance that you're not implying such with your statements in this thread.
You're like one of those real housewives shows.

You forgot to post a meme in your rebuttal
04e0e21764c53653cbf63bcf59fdf7db.gif

Latest posts