In 'Honor' of Shaq Retiring: Who is all time best center?

I'd say Acie Earl, followed by Erek Hansen followed by Sondergorney followed by Lohaus follwed by Jepsen.

I have to go with Wilt #1. The stats are too overpowering. I think he even led the league in assists one season. Better rebounder and defender than Jabbar.

However, if I need one basket to win a game, I go with Kareem. His sky hook is the single best offensive weapon the game has ever seen. I do not know why other centers have not attempted to master that shot.

Kareem scored more than anyone else. No wait, Wilt scored wayyyyy more than anyone else. He must have been the best.

I never really saw Kareem in his prime...he was terrible those last couple years with LA. Even so, I imagine he would get manhandled easily by Shaq down low. Shaq in his prime, was almost impossible to stop.

The rings are the thing, everything else is just statistics -- Kareem Abdul Jabbar:

1) Russell
2) Wilt
3) Jabbar
4) Hakeem (defense and free throws gives him the nod)
5) Shaq

I never really saw Kareem in his prime...he was terrible those last couple years with LA. Even so, I imagine he would get manhandled easily by Shaq down low. Shaq in his prime, was almost impossible to stop.

Agreed, they changed the game to allow an easier defense for shaq

I'd say Acie Earl, followed by Erek Hansen followed by Sondergorney followed by Lohaus follwed by Jepsen.

What about this guy?
Jacob%20Jaacks.jpg

I think as long as you have Wilt, Russell, Shaq, Kareem, and Hakeem in the top 5 I don't really care what order you put them in. I could make a pretty good case for each of them being #1. After those five, there is a dropoff to the next tier with Mikan, Ewing, Robinson, Malone, etc.

1) Jabbar
2) Russell
3) Wilt
4) Shaq
5) Olajowan

Jabbar is #1 for one reason, free throws. He was the only guy in the top 4 that was a viable option late in the 4th quarter. Russel, Wilt, and Shaq were all shot well below 60% from the line and as a result didn't see the ball late, and weren't closers.

Kareem was a career 72% FT shooter was a closer.

However, if I need one basket to win a game, I go with Kareem. His sky hook is the single best offensive weapon the game has ever seen. I do not know why other centers have not attempted to master that shot.

There are no back to the basket players anymore. When I go to the gym I make good use of the hook shot. All of the kids throw out a "wha" or try to call it slop. They don't even know what the shot is.

There are no back to the basket players anymore. When I go to the gym I make good use of the hook shot. All of the kids throw out a "wha" or try to call it slop. They don't even know what the shot is.

Do you wear goggles with your hairy shoulders hanging out too old man? ;)

Latest posts