Imagine CJ with this extra weapon: Gazette article

What would make you think this? CJ tried like heck to talk DW out of leavening. Listen to the All Hawkeyes podcast when they had CJ's dad on. He talked about how hard CJ tried to talk DW into staying. CJ's dad also said that CJ wouldn't even talk about the subject of transferring, so I doubt very much he and DW were sitting around complaining and talking about transferring.

CJ was leaving at the end of the year from everything I heard.

Now I'm not saying that Rudock quitting was worse than Willies so please don't interpret it that way. But in one way it is worse. Willies was on the team for 1 and a half years. He hadn't buit the long relationships that Jake had. Jake was with the same guys for 4 years and he still chose to bail on them for a CHANCE to play at another school.

If I was on a team and a guy I knew for 1 year left, no big deal. But if a guy who I was with for 4 years left, it would hurt a lot more. You think you would have some loyalty after 4 years.

Which is a helluva lot better chance than he was going to have at Iowa in his final season, and he knew that. He paid his dues here, graduated, and transferred to a conference school that we are very unlikely to face this season. CJ is a better fit for this year's team, Rudock is a better fit for Michigan's offense than he was here. Everybody came out ahead here, so why do some people insist on holding it against Rudock that he decided to leave and finish his career on the field?

Which is a helluva lot better chance than he was going to have at Iowa in his final season, and he knew that. He paid his dues here, graduated, and transferred to a conference school that we are very unlikely to face this season. CJ is a better fit for this year's team, Rudock is a better fit for Michigan's offense than he was here. Everybody came out ahead here, so why do some people insist on holding it against Rudock that he decided to leave and finish his career on the field?

Exactly.

I don't care that he left. My arguement was to compare what he did to what Willies did. They both did what they thought was best for them and said to hell with the team. You gotta do what's best for you.

CJ was leaving at the end of the year from everything I heard.

You got some inside sources on this? His dad made it sound like what he said to the paper was completely taken the wrong way. He also said that CJ wouldn't even talk about any kind of transfer subject at all.

You got some inside sources on this? His dad made it sound like what he said to the paper was completely taken the wrong way. He also said that CJ wouldn't even talk about any kind of transfer subject at all.

No I don't have an inside source. I'm talking about the 2 month period around the time his dad did the interview where everyone just assumed he was going to leave. Jon did podcasts where he talked about keeping CJ because he has more eligibility left. Did you hybernate during that time?

No I don't have an inside source. I'm talking about the 2 month period around the time his dad did the interview where everyone just assumed he was going to leave. Jon did podcasts where he talked about keeping CJ because he has more eligibility left. Did you hybernate during that time?

I didn't hibernate, but it seems you are exaggerating, or connecting dots that aren't there to try to cling to this weak claim that DW and CJ were sitting around being miserable together talking about quitting the program, and claiming that CJ had 2 feet out the door already. I don't remember anyone reporting he was leaving at the end of the year. Everyone speculated that he might leave, but that was it. Like I said, just look back through some AllHawkeye's podcast for the Casey Beathard interview. After you listen to it, please come back and tell me if you think DW and CJ are the same thing, only that CJ was waiting a few more weeks.

I didn't hibernate, but it seems you are exaggerating, or connecting dots that aren't there to try to cling to this weak claim that DW and CJ were sitting around being miserable together talking about quitting the program, and claiming that CJ had 2 feet out the door already. I don't remember anyone reporting he was leaving at the end of the year. Everyone speculated that he might leave, but that was it. Like I said, just look back through some AllHawkeye's podcast for the Casey Beathard interview. After you listen to it, please come back and tell me if you think DW and CJ are the same thing, only that CJ was waiting a few more weeks.

When I wrote that post I had no idea I would have to deal with people actually arguing that CJ wasn't going to leave if he stayed the backup. Just pretend I never wrote it.

Agreed. Hopefully he gets the splendid opportunity to watch his old team that he quit on playing in a legit bowl game that matters. He can always brag about the big numbers he put up in bum**** Texas.

I would find it pretty funny if he ends up at Texas Tech and helps them put a whoopin on ISU though. That's probably the only situation in which I'd cheer for him.

LOL, that's a good point.

I enjoyed this nugget from Hlas' article: "Whether there is any defense in Texas juco football may be debatable. Trinity Valley opened with two losses, 66-56 to Nassau Community College and 71-64 to Tyler Junior College." Translation, DW's season stats mean absolutely zilch to his prospective D-1 success. But I wish him well. He made a terrible decision at Iowa, and if he learns from it, good for him.

Yeah, CJ actually transferred after the bowl game and a different guy with a totally different haircut that doesn't look like him at all took his place.

Not related to the topic but did anyone see Rudock miss the wide open touchdown when the defender fell. He was even rolling to the same side of the field and threw to the guy who was right next to the defender lying on his ***. It was bad.

Not related to the topic but did anyone see Rudock miss the wide open touchdown when the defender fell. He was even rolling to the same side of the field and threw to the guy who was right next to the defender lying on his ***. It was bad.

31-0 against a ranked team. Jake sucks.

Now I'm not saying that Rudock quitting was worse than Willies so please don't interpret it that way. But in one way it is worse. Willies was on the team for 1 and a half years. He hadn't buit the long relationships that Jake had. Jake was with the same guys for 4 years and he still chose to bail on them for a CHANCE to play at another school.

If I was on a team and a guy I knew for 1 year left, no big deal. But if a guy who I was with for 4 years left, it would hurt a lot more. You think you would have some loyalty after 4 years.
You mean like the guys who turn pro after their rs junior year. Are they quitters?