I'm Pumped about Iowa BB

The Gesell/Marble tandem will be a huge upgrade over the Cartwright/Marble tandem. Cartwright was not good at Iowa. He looked better his junior year b/c the ball was always in his hands but he was perhaps the worst starting PG in the league.

This is ridiculous. Cartwright was limited last year only by his health. That being said, there were several games that we just wouldn't have won without Bryce. Because of his health issues, we stumbled out of the gate and struggled with some teams that we should have beaten. I don't think that will happen this year. I truly believe that Gesell is ready to step in on day one and provide floor leadership and that will immediately improve our pre-conference record. By the time we hit the Big Ten schedule, I fully expect us to be rolling and that will improve our conference record. I will be disappointed if we don't win 20+ games next year, especially given the year of experience our players will have under their belts.

This is ridiculous. Cartwright was limited last year only by his health. That being said, there were several games that we just wouldn't have won without Bryce.

I think a good example of that is at Wisconsin. That was his 1st game back as "healthy" rather then "dinged up". The game plan was great and they couldn't figure out how to stop us with both Marble and Cartwright on the floor.

The talent on the team has definitely been upgraded. Unfortunately, this upgraded talent is probably middle of the road, at best, in the Big10.

So by that logic Iowa will be in the NCAA tournament next year, or soon thereafter.

Thanks for the optimism...:D

There are some who do not respect what a player gives to and does for the program and don't care to have their backs unless they made an all-conference team...the key is realize who those d-bags are and either A. Ignore them. Or B. Remember them and mock them every chance you get. ;)
Quite right, Shane.....

:D

I wasn't a big Bryce fan, but to ridicule him on his effort and desire is just wrong! He played hard as he could with the abilities he had. If anything, his senior leadership will be missed.

i agree with this. though bc wasnt healthy they wont be as good as a healthy bc (not at the start).

i look at it as many think iowa at the start of next yr will be better than iowa at the end of last yr. that will not be true. remember at the end of last yr bc was at least good enough...this is what i am getting at. many think we will be better than we ended last yr. if that is the case then awesome but i doubt it.

maybe i am reading into peoples theories but this is what i am getting from them.

There is also something to be said for momentum. This Iowa team believes that they can win going into this season more than the 2011-12 team. This attitude shows on the court in the PTL with McCabe, White, Basabe, Marble, JO. The loss of experience in BC will be offset by having 2+ PGs and a starter whose shooting will actually be a plus with better athleticism than BC. Do you really think Woody/Olaseni 2012 isn't an upgrade on Brommer/Archie the minute they step on the court? May is healthy again. We lose with Gatens. But others look capable of taking up that mantle of leadership and scoring. As this year's team gels in the first few games through the Cancun Challenge, the Iowa team that beat Dayton would have a good shot at beating this year's Iowa team. After that, I don't think so.

I am glad u r so pumped to play us. I really feel bad that your program has no other meaningful games or rivalries. ISU is desperate for attention and validation that must only come from the U of Iowa.

Meanwhile we will continue to look forward to many fun games and natural border rivals.

We'll give u some worthless trophy so u can have something to show off at every half time.

I am glad u r so pumped to play us. I really feel bad that your program has no other meaningful games or rivalries. ISU is desperate for attention and validation that must only come from the U of Iowa.

Meanwhile we will continue to look forward to many fun games and natural border rivals.

We'll give u some worthless trophy so u can have something to show off at every half time.

Yes, your lack of winning validates your presence as a good basketball team. Have fun in the NIT. That's where you'll end up this year.

Sounds good to me and I am fine with it. Had a great time at the home game against Dayton. Will continue to enjoy all things Hawkeye.

Go enjoy ur trophy...make sure to show all of ur recruits. That will certainly seal the deal with them.

Could not care less about the trophy. Just trying to be hospitable as I know u need ur validation. How else on earth are u going get any credibility? Why else would u be on this site?

Latest posts