I'm excited for this season*

It's funny. I have been getting excited due to reading about the uptick in recruiting and planning a trip out for the Maryland game. What really brings me down with a crash is the memory of watching our last game, that absolute debacle against Tennessee. That was just so horrible!

LOL this thread is good. The best way to show you don't care about Iowa football is definitely to pose as an Iowa fan and post about how much you don't care. Clone trolls are the best.

LOL this thread is good. The best way to show you don't care about Iowa football is definitely to pose as an Iowa fan and post about how much you don't care. Clone trolls are the best.

is

LOL. I see you just gave up on trying to use the perplexing quote and multi-quote functions of this site there Bob.

Watching you fumble about trying to use the internet provides us the entertainment our football team can no longer provide.

And the bidding starts at...

"Step right up, folks. How much am I bid to see this d-bag beaten with a bag of oranges for 3.5 hours?! Now, folks, if you want those oranges FROZEN, it'll be an extra 10%..."

EDIT: Got lots of oranges here in Florida. Can start the freezing now, folks...

Last edited:
LOL. When you have to go past about two "providing" scnearios for your team to have a successful year you shouldn't hold your breath. The ONLY thing that saves this team is a putrid schedule and if Beathard emerges and is allowed to wing it around. Good luck.

I’m glad someone is excited for the upcoming season cause I’m not. Where at one time it was unfathomable for me to schedule anything on a Football Saturday I’ve learned to fill my weekends since dumping my season tickets, which I had for 19 straight years, after the 2012 season. So far I’ve got the pre-season filled and am working on the conference schedule.

Illinois State – Will be in Hong Kong. Never been and am stoked!

ISU – Technically I will be in town and could watch as a friend from LA is visiting that weekend but if they dump it to Illinois State, a real possibility, I won’t be anywhere near a TV for that game.

Pittsburgh – Will be at ND for the Georgia Tech game. Have family in Indiana and this will be my 4th ND game in the last 5 years. I can’t stand ND or their fans but if you want to see how to put on a football game go to an Irish game. The tailigating is subdued but there is no smile
Delta Dental cam in the stadium or any other lame advertising for that matter. The band is awesome and engaged through out the whole game and doesn’t play r#etard crap like the Star Wars Imperial Death March from 57 years ago. The students are given seats where they can be seen and heard and have an impact on the game. Maybe someone should book Barta a ticket so he can get a glimpse?

North Texas State – Will be in Vegas. I’ve lost track of how much money I’ve won fading Ferentz since 2010 in Vegas. Ever since the Indiana game where they dropped a game winner in the end zone in the closing seconds it’s been obvious there have been major fundamental flaws with this program that Ferentz won’t acknowledge, much less fix, and he’s been easy pickings ever since.

You see Hawk Fans, there is more to life than Iowa Football and given that it’s about as entertaining as being beaten with a bag of Oranges for 3.5 hrs. your time would be better spent elsewhere………..IMHO.

TL;DR

I'm still a Hawk fan and always will be, yet I am not "excited" about this upcoming season because my expectations have gotten so low. Yes, the start of college football is always a great time of year and a lot of fun, but I'm less optimistic about the season than some seem to be. That doesn't mean I won't be watching games and rooting for Iowa to win. If the Hawks prove me wrong and do something like 9-3 or better, then yeah, I'll be excited. It's just been too long since Iowa has even been ranked (2010) for me to have any other mindset than "wait and see".

I'm very interested to see what this season will bring. Is it going to be a dumpster fire and the end of the KF era, or will renewed dedication (and a new QB) bring this program back to being more like what we grew accustomed to in most of the 2000's? Or another middling season of 7-5, just enough to keep the status quo going?

Either way, I think it's going to be a very interesting season. I just hope it's for good reasons. Believe me, I'd rather see KF succeed and the program have a big year than to see them struggle, fire a coach, etc.

This will actually be a tremendously interesting season because I truly believe it is "make or break" time for Coach Ferentz. 6-6 or worse and I think he will be done at Iowa. 7-5 or better and a strong showing in a bowl and he continues at Iowa. Beathard really needs to stay upright the entire year. Where's IowaLaw, the other Cyclone troll? Isn't it time for him to rear his hideous troll head?

Uptick in recruiting? I see a roster full of walkons and develop me players. Now I know Hawknick sees a roster full of all americans but I think most of us know better. I hope for a good season but don't expect one.

Walk ons on the 2 deeps is not a problem for Iowa. They have won championships with walk ons before such as Scott Halverson, Dallas Clark, Jon Filloon and others

Iowa.247sports.com has every single Iowa commitment as a composite 3 star, walk on or not. Right...no 2's, no 1's, no 0's. But, no 4* or 5*. I guess we will see how it all plays out. I would be curious, as many others have conjectured, what number of stars some of our recruits would receive if they had signed with MSU, PSU, OSU or M. BTW, Wis has three 4* recruits, 2 RB's and 1 OT. All the rest are 3*. PSU has 18 recruits, with 50% each as 4*/3*.

Last edited:
I have no feeling toward this season one way or the other. Which sucks, Ive had some apathy set in. I purchased my season tix, will go to the games, but have absolutely zero expectations or excitement at the moment toward Iowa football.

David Bartoo of CFB Matrix has Iowa at 8-4 assuming decent coaching which he doesn't necessarily give to Ferentz so 7-5 is also within his realm of projection. The 8-4 scenario he offers has the losses to NW, IN, NE, and WI. Speaking of talent, the talent formula breakdown in his magazine has Iowa talent at the lowest level in a very long time and continuing it's downward trend as he mentions again in this podcast.........

tune in at 6:36 mark for Iowa......http://podbay.fm/show/677799303/e/1433911249?autostart=1

This will actually be a tremendously interesting season because I truly believe it is "make or break" time for Coach Ferentz. 6-6 or worse and I think he will be done at Iowa. 7-5 or better and a strong showing in a bowl and he continues at Iowa. Beathard really needs to stay upright the entire year. Where's IowaLaw, the other Cyclone troll? Isn't it time for him to rear his hideous troll head?

Maybe he's busy watching the commemorative DVD from that "very good season" you have described Ferentz as having in 2013.

Only a zero like you could think a year in which we got housed by every top 25 team we played and got out rushed by the MSU punter at home could be described as a very good season.

Maybe he's busy watching the commemorative DVD from that "very good season" you have described Ferentz as having in 2013.

Only a zero like you could think a year in which we got housed by every top 25 team we played and got out rushed by the MSU punter at home could be described as a very good season.

Tsk, tsk, name calling. You sound desperate for attention. Enjoy the Iowa State season, it's going to be a long one.

Tsk, tsk, name calling. You sound desperate for attention. Enjoy the Iowa State season, it's going to be a long one.

Ah, it's only cool for you to lay down the names? Good one. I guess with age, along with your apparent dementia, comes a sense of entitlement?

Don't have to bother with the Cyclone references. You would need about 3 more of your worthless lifetimes to match what I've done for the Hawks.

Enjoy the Iowa season though. It's gonna be a long one.

Ah, it's only cool for you to lay down the names? Good one. I guess with age, along with your apparent dementia, comes a sense of entitlement?

Don't have to bother with the Cyclone references. You would need about 3 more of your worthless lifetimes to match what I've done for the Hawks.

Enjoy the Iowa season though. It's gonna be a long one.

Link?

Sure thing donkey boy. How's those English for rejects books working out for you? All it takes is one email to the athletic dept. to confirm who has done what for the Hawks and we can post the response here.

Put up or stfu coward.
I'm glad you think money is the key to being the best at everything. If you have money it was inherited because you're to stupid to make it on your own. Maybe when you move out of mommy's basement you'll start to understand but you have to get out of 8th grade first. Being the grammar police on a message board is clearly an indication of your lack of knowledge and wisdom. You're clearly living in your own fantasy land, in other words a cyfan.

If you have money it was inherited because you're to stupid to make it on your own.

There isn't a bus short enough to handle your level of idiocy . It's "too" stupid you freaking reject.

Do you purposely set yourself up to be embarrassed? Coming on here asking how many trophy games we currently own. Are you really unable to find that out for yourself or do they not let you use the Google machine at your group home?

Noticed you don't want any of the bet. Go figure.

Keep setting em up Doc and I'll keep knocking them out...coward.

Latest posts