I'm excited for this season*

Stop trying to beat each other down, and start focusing on beating down Iowa's opponents. We should present a united front against their opponents.

Stop trying to beat each other down, and start focusing on beating down Iowa's opponents. We should present a united front against their opponents.

tumblr_m9cckmRlJK1rd2qw6o1_400.gif

Given the dogcrap schedule, any nearly-average Big Ten team should be able to go 9-3. Unfortunately, Kurt will probably go 8-4, and since expectations were so low, GarBar will consider that to be a rousing success and say a bunch of dumb crap after the season.

There is no excitement left in me for anything to do with Ferentz.

Ill watch most of the games atleast on DVR but my fall mornings will be spent hunting.

The only thing that could make it exciting again is if CJ is able to transcend the Ferentz way and make it fun again ala Drew Tate.

This will actually be a tremendously interesting season because I truly believe it is "make or break" time for Coach Ferentz. 6-6 or worse and I think he will be done at Iowa. 7-5 or better and a strong showing in a bowl and he continues at Iowa. Beathard really needs to stay upright the entire year. Where's IowaLaw, the other Cyclone troll? Isn't it time for him to rear his hideous troll head?

7-5 would be about the most painful boring outcome possible and the problem is it's the most likely.

isu could win 6 against this schedule.

I want to see 9-10 wins or no bowl and let this be the end of it.

There is no excitement left in me for anything to do with Ferentz.

Ill watch most of the games atleast on DVR but my fall mornings will be spent hunting.

The only thing that could make it exciting again is if CJ is able to transcend the Ferentz way and make it fun again ala Drew Tate.

This ^^^^ right here. I predict you'll be watching the games live before the season ends. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. No big deal. I'll still enjoy my $70 worth of popcorn and luke warm "hot" chocolate, probably with plenty of leg room to spare.

The first couple games will certainly set the tone... If Iowa wins and looks good doing it against IL ST and ISU then color me tickled and the bandwagon will be jumped on. But if they struggle and lose either one of them.... Man that'll just stink and I don't want to even get on these boards is ISU beats us again...

Instead of how many clowns they can fit in a car, it's how many players they can fit within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.

I've been pretty damn negative on here, but when it comes to Iowa football I am ready for football! Yeah, maybe we'll suck. I'm still going to watch every single game because I live for this sh!t (not really but Iowa football is extremely important to me). I would be stoked if we see Ferentz 3.0, but I just want us to at least get 8 wins but 9 would be great. A big ten west championship would obviously be phenomenal but we don't get any of those and get say 7 wind or less than start the fire and let it burn down. We need a change at head coach and call up Bret!

I am pretty stoked for this season. First day of practice today, and 30 days to first kickoff!

The closer it gets the more fired up I get and more irrational I get with my expectations. I want them to go out and dominate and just march through this soft schedule so bad. Yet the logical side of me is pumping the breaks. How they start off the year will be so so important. I don't see it being like in 02 where they barely beat UNI and lose to ISU then go on a tear.... I think if something like that were to happen to start this year it'd be pretty bad and Kinnick will have a lot of empty seats..

I started my season today. I proudly trolled our little sister's website and it took me a good two hours before I was banned. But not before fanning the flames of rivalry and sewing the seeds of hate and discontent. I love this time of year.

Once the sun rises on opening day, I'm all in...like every year.

I expect the team to be good, play hard and win.

We'll see how it plays out. If Ferentz and Davis continue what we've seen the last few years...I'll speak the truth. If they're better, I'll happily give credit where credit it due.

Bottom line: I want the Hawks to win!

I'm not excited but I am hopeful. I hope they outperform the predicted 4th place BIG West finish. CJ could go completely off the reservation and play balls to the wall. It will tick KF off but what can he do? He doesn't have a backup with any real game experience.

Go off the reservation CJB! It worked well for Drew Tate., and the Hawkeye Football team.

Hopefully it works well for CJB and This Hawkeye Football team!

Go through the roster and compare to previous years. I just do not think the talent is there. Sadly, i think they start 0-2.

Latest posts