Illinois to Legends

At least we get to play in NYC every other year?

Rutgers is not in NYC. It is 40 miles away from Manhattan (unless your idea of "Playing in NYC" is a stadium that is Staten Island adjacent). New Brunswick is a good hour plus from anything anyone would want to see in NYC.

Rutgers is not in NYC. It is 40 miles away from Manhattan (unless your idea of "Playing in NYC" is a stadium that is Staten Island adjacent). New Brunswick is a good hour plus from anything anyone would want to see in NYC.

Please post that "Remember the Towahs" rant you or someone nearly equally as funny posted on OT a few weeks back.

Thx,

OK4P

I would be okay with this. We need to get rid of Purdue. Make Illinois or NW play them. We'll take Rutgers or Maryland. It would be good for recruiting to get out East every other year.

Getting "out east" for Iowa would mean the Quad Cities. That way each staff member can be home and comfy each night. lol

With Illinois moving to the Legends (which I like), the only true rivalry left to protect is OSU vs. Mich. I'm sure Wisconsin will not want to give up it's automatic win every year against Minny, but other than OSU/Mich there is no reason for these made up "protected" games. So just make an unofficial rule that OSU and Mich will play each year, and then every other team rotates through the other division every couple of years.

I'm well aware of where Rutgers is, but I would stay in NYC, do some business, write off the entire thing and then take the NJ Transit from Penn Station to the game.

I'm well aware of where Rutgers is, but I would stay in NYC, do some business, write off the entire thing and then take the NJ Transit from Penn Station to the game.
I'm glad it works well for you. For the average fan, it is extremely expensive and extremely difficult to get from Iowa to NYC for a single football game. Some might even call it prohibitive.But as long as it works out for you personally, it's all good. You should give Delaney a call and maybe he can add a few more schools that would be convenient for you to get to.

I wasn't aware that each school had to be a convenient road trip for the average fan.

You know that it is an away game and that NYC has a large I-Club, right?

I'm glad it works well for you. For the average fan, it is extremely expensive and extremely difficult to get from Iowa to NYC for a single football game. Some might even call it prohibitive.But as long as it works out for you personally, it's all good. You should give Delaney a call and maybe he can add a few more schools that would be convenient for you to get to.

25014850.jpg

I wasn't aware that each school had to be a convenient road trip for the average fan.

You know that it is an away game and that NYC has a large I-Club, right?

Iowa to:

Columbus
Bloomington
Ann Arbor
E Lansing
Happy Freakin Valley

Not exactly convenient.

Grabbing a cheap flight to NJ or NY is actually a lot more convenient than driving to one of these places from Iowa.

Edit: Maybe it is hard to get to NY or DC from Iowa, since you basically have to take a puddle jumper from Iowa to a real airport, and THEN to NYC.

Last edited:

I don't want to pile on, but what's your problem sarge? Walk your schit back a few paces.

Iowa to:

Columbus
Bloomington
Ann Arbor
E Lansing
Happy Freakin Valley

Not exactly convenient.

Grabbing a cheap flight to NJ or NY is actually a lot more convenient than driving to one of these places from Iowa.

Not to mention a heck of a lot moar fun than all of those towns combined.

I have to admit that I don't know how hard it would be to get from Grimes, Burlington, or Fort Dodge to NYC. It might be kinda hard.

Iowa to:ColumbusBloomingtonAnn ArborE LansingHappy Freakin ValleyNot exactly convenient.Grabbing a cheap flight to NJ or NY is actually a lot more convenient than driving to one of these places from Iowa.Edit: Maybe it is hard to get to NY or DC from Iowa, since you basically have to take a puddle jumper from Iowa to a real airport, and THEN to NYC.
Fail.I have been to Ann Arbor, E Lansing, and Bloomington. Much, much closer and easier (read: cheaper) than NYC. I'll give you Happy Vallley, that's a real tough one from Iowa. Still a couple of hundred miles closer than the Big Apple.

I have to admit that I don't know how hard it would be to get from Grimes, Burlington, or Fort Dodge to NYC. It might be kinda hard.

I'm pretty certain the tavern hokks from those places aren't...err, equipped...to follow kurt's krew anywhere but to lAmes.
It's the alums with positive cash flow who are spread around the country that will eagerly road trip up to MD and NJ, at least the first couple times teh Hox play there.

Latest posts