Illinois, MInnesota, Northwestern, Nebraska, Penn State

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
With 6 games to go in conference, those are the teams Iowa is currently in front of in the B1G.

With the ups and downs so far this year, it's tough to be upset at that, isn't it?

He's referring to the standings. Though it is weird that it is also similar to the schedule.

Yeah, I'm talking about the current B1G standings...
b1gmbb-standings-2011-feb.jpg

Iowa has a chance to stay in front of those teams also.
The Illini have packed it in. Their fanbase sounds exactly like Iowa's in Lick's third year. Weber is firing on his players in his postgame. Weber has lost his team and his fanbase. They have enough talent to beat Iowa at home,but maybe not the heart?

Find a way to get this game vs PSU,Hawks.

Iowa needs to win 5 out of 6. Win 5 and you might be dancing. Is that a lot to ask? Sure. But can this team do it? Yep. But we're in february and Iowa still has a shot. That alone makes me excited for the future.

Iowa needs to win 5 out of 6. Win 5 and you might be dancing. Is that a lot to ask? Sure. But can this team do it? Yep. But we're in february and Iowa still has a shot. That alone makes me excited for the future.

Exactly! At least we're not already completely out of it at this point in the season. The odds aren't great at all, but at least it's not over already.

This team has already exceeded my expectations so anything more is just gravy. I just ask that they compete and play hard. It's really nice to actually be excited about Iowa bball again. I can't wait for tomorrow night's game! Go Hawks!

NIT would be a major accomplishment, NCAA a fantasy at this point. Win 3 of 6 and pick up a 1 win in the BTT and Iowa should get an NIT bid. Lots of "if's" surrounding the remaining games. We need Basabe and Cartwright to put together a good stretch run in order to have any shot.

NIT would be a major accomplishment, NCAA a fantasy at this point. Win 3 of 6 and pick up a 1 win in the BTT and Iowa should get an NIT bid. Lots of "if's" surrounding the remaining games. We need Basabe and Cartwright to put together a good stretch run in order to have any shot.

I thought we weren't playing for anything?

wooh, Iowa is playing for something now?????

damn, put Olaseni in there!!!!

Think about this....If Brandon Paul doesnt play one of the best games in college basketball this season against OSU and Draymond Green doesnt get hurt in the 2nd half against the Illini, Illinois could very easily be sitting at 3-10 in B1G play.

Not to mention they stole a double OT victory from the Gophers at home to open conference play.

..Not that I really follow basketball.

But it would be great to finish ahead of ILL and Minn and out of the basement.

Impossible to avoid the 1st round (12 v 5, 11 v 6, 10 v 7, 9 v 8) though.. but getting into the 6/7 spot could mean playing an easier game.. albeit, it would be hard to get Penn State or Nebraska at this point (Likely 11 and 12)

Didn't you say yesterday that we have nothing to play for?

I guess I was a little late in piling on. I hadn't read the rest of the posts chastising double H.

Illinois is sucking bad. They just got bounced off the bubble. I see us in the NCAA easy at this point if they are taking 8 teams from the Big. We are damn lucky tourney selection is pulling in 8.

Latest posts