Illinois, MInnesota, Northwestern, Nebraska, Penn State

Illinois is sucking bad. They just got bounced off the bubble. I see us in the NCAA easy at this point if they are taking 8 teams from the Big. We are damn lucky tourney selection is pulling in 8.

dude, get off the weed...that stuff kills brain cells!!!!

Technically, if we do win 5 out of 6, we would probably finish 5th in the standings at 10-8, 18-13. Not that I think we WILL win 5 out of 6, but if we did, we'd have a pretty good shot at NCAA's then. Then we'd play PSU first round of the big 10 tourney and could very easily be 19-14, winning 7 of our last 10.

Technically, if we do win 5 out of 6, we would probably finish 5th in the standings at 10-8, 18-13. Not that I think we WILL win 5 out of 6, but if we did, we'd have a pretty good shot at NCAA's then. Then we'd play PSU first round of the big 10 tourney and could very easily be 19-14, winning 7 of our last 10.

If if's, and's, and but's were chocolate and nuts... hmmm...we actually "could" be having a cold brew on a Thursday/Friday morning instead of work! never say never.

I would love nothing more than to see Iowa in the NCAA's this year BUT I have to say if this Iowa team makes the tourney this year it shows us there is way too many teams making the NCAA tourney.

Illinois is sucking bad. They just got bounced off the bubble. I see us in the NCAA easy at this point if they are taking 8 teams from the Big. We are damn lucky tourney selection is pulling in 8.

That isn't how it works.

I'm amazed at how many people think the committee decides how many to take from each conference first AND THEN picks the teams.

Iowa will be damn lucky to get in the NIT. Aren't going to the NCAA unless they win the BTT.

Check out just the NIT teams from last year and their records. Shrinking that field from 40 to 32 a couple years back, and giving auto-bids to small conf, reg season champs has made that much more exclusive. Probably need 19 just to make that.

Just getting a winning record doesn't get you in the NIT anymore.

Last edited:

Latest posts