illini giving up ??

blairhawk

well i think.It's safe to say the illini have given up on weber. they r currently down 59-31 to Nebraska with 11 mins to go. they are not even trying to defend or play hard. bye bye weber

well i think.It's safe to say the illini have given up on weber. they r currently down 59-31 to Nebraska with 11 mins to go. they are not even trying to defend or play hard. bye bye weber

Yeah looks like the end of the road for Weber. He really hurt himself this week when he publicly called out his players, especially Leonard.

They are trying the same logic as us. When they turn it on in the tourney noone will suspect a thing.

He may not even make it to the BTT at this rate.

He will make it through the end of the year. MT first year AD will not fire the BBall coach mid year won't happen. I have never seen an Illinois team just flat out quit like this, it pisses me off. Weber is a genuinely good guy but this is it.

Yeah looks like the end of the road for Weber. He really hurt himself this week when he publicly called out his players, especially Leonard.

Leonard deserved everything Weber said. So much talent and he is basically a waste of space. Oh well, only a handful of games left for him at Illinois.

Iowa needs to hope weber is still the coach when they play them. otherwise the Illini may be a bit more inspired under an interim. I dont think Iowa has anyone that can match up against brandon paul or leonard (the paul and leonard that actually want to play that is)

Last edited:
They will probably save their very best effort of the year for us. Everything they throw into the air will fall through the hoop.

Iowa needs to hope weber is still the coach when they play them. otherwise the Illini may be a bit more inspired under an interim. I dont think Iowa has anyone that can match up against brandon paul or leonard (the paul and leonard that actually want to play that is)

The Big Ten needs Weber to stay at Illinois. Period. That's a sleeping giant, and if the right coach lands there, look out.

I dont know if he is or not but his family situation is going to make him turn pro. His family is dirt poor.

That would help make up his mind, as would the coaching change.
If scouts are telling him he's a first rounder (which is what I read), then he's gotta go now.
I just don't see it. I'd suspect the 1st round pick is purely on potential.

The Big Ten needs Weber to stay at Illinois. Period. That's a sleeping giant, and if the right coach lands there, look out.

they'll land a great coach, i can almost guarantee it. they have the tradition and the recruiting hotbed (chicago) to lure just about anybody.

Illini will be back in two years.

That would help make up his mind, as would the coaching change.
If scouts are telling him he's a first rounder (which is what I read), then he's gotta go now.
I just don't see it. I'd suspect the 1st round pick is purely on potential.

Yep its all on potential. And with all the circumstances I cant blame him for going.

Latest posts