I'll say it...next coach please

One has to wonder about Uhl. Just his experience should get him in games like this being tall and quick. On the press or to help move the ball. Did he pick on Conner?
I think he has a motivation problem. Have you ever seen that guy fired up or show any emotion at all on the court? He looks like a guy just biding his time before graduation and knows he has to go through the motions to keep his scholarship.

Why not try something different?

Maybe he’s not a practice player but can do something in a game. Maybe he does not want his senior season to be the worst of the Fran era.

It’s not like what’s on the floor now is working.

We had three years of proof he is not a game player either lol.
If we are going to suck, I'd rather get Garza and Nunge all the experience in the world than waste time on Uhl. We are going to need Garza and Nunge to make huge strides if we want to be decent in the next year or two.

I don't get why Fran is completely fine with bench Uhl, but has an issue with benching Brady, Kriener and Wagner

True, Wagner is worthless out there. The other team doesn't have to even invest 3% of time into him offensively. He can't shoot, and just takes two dribbles and passes every time. Ellingson, yes bench. Kriener, I can see giving a few minutes to just to bang or if cook etc is in foul trouble. Bottom line, they are all MAC level players at best.

We had three years of proof he is not a game player either lol.
If we are going to suck, I'd rather get Garza and Nunge all the experience in the world than waste time on Uhl. We are going to need Garza and Nunge to make huge strides if we want to be decent in the next year or two.

Yeah... if Fran starts playing Uhl now... I'm gonna just go ahead and check out and start cheering for the team 10 minutes from house.

This season is a bust. Team is 9-8. There are 14 regular season games left. If they win 3, I'll be stunned.

Uhl? Child, please...

There is NO combination of players on this team that will make any difference. We know the problem. This team needs a PG. I would also submit to you that they need some lateral quickness. This has got to be the slowest team in the B1G.

Shorten the bench, substantially.
1 Dailey
2 JBo
3 Moss
4 Nunge
5 Cook

Off the bench, bring Baer for Moss/Nunge, Garza for Nunge/Cook, Ellingson very sparingly for JBo/Dailey. Ellingson only comes in if JBo or Dailey are in foul trouble or completely gassed. The remaining players can carve up the garbage minutes.

This combination will not win games either. But will build for next year.

God help Joe Weiskamp. Fran's recruiting has put a helluva load on his shoulders.

Boy what I wouldn't give for a Bryce Cartwright now.

Fran hasn't figured out defense...how many dunks and lay ups(uncontested) most of the time can we give up ...man it's hard to watch. I think it's ok to admit now he's just average. This team is really poorly coached ! It's a guards game now and I actually like J Bo but he's better as a complimentary act ...I didn't think we'd miss Jok this much ...whew

i agree. after 2012 kirk should have been gone. but he was allowed to stay and recover after unexpectedly bad season. so, clearly, fran needs to go.

True, Wagner is worthless out there. The other team doesn't have to even invest 3% of time into him offensively. He can't shoot, and just takes two dribbles and passes every time. Ellingson, yes bench. Kriener, I can see giving a few minutes to just to bang or if cook etc is in foul trouble. Bottom line, they are all MAC level players at best.

all Mac??? You mean like in all McCaffery? Lol

This season is a bust. Team is 9-8. There are 14 regular season games left. If they win 3, I'll be stunned.

Uhl? Child, please...

There is NO combination of players on this team that will make any difference. We know the problem. This team needs a PG. I would also submit to you that they need some lateral quickness. This has got to be the slowest team in the B1G.

Shorten the bench, substantially.
1 Dailey
2 JBo
3 Moss
4 Nunge
5 Cook

Off the bench, bring Baer for Moss/Nunge, Garza for Nunge/Cook, Ellingson very sparingly for JBo/Dailey. Ellingson only comes in if JBo or Dailey are in foul trouble or completely gassed. The remaining players can carve up the garbage minutes.

This combination will not win games either. But will build for next year.

God help Joe Weiskamp. Fran's recruiting has put a helluva load on his shoulders.

Boy what I wouldn't give for a Bryce Cartwright now.

What I wouldn’t give for Ben, Hoss, Keith, and little Joe Cartwright right now.

Last edited:
It was time for a new coach when the 2015-16 team tanked at the end of the season. He had no answer to right that ship as it sunk. As a coach, that's inexcusable. That's when I knew he wouldn't do.

Latest posts