If your plane crashed on an island, which current or former basketball players...

Oh yes, it is definitely weird. I was getting tired of checking all the time with no new news on assistants or recruits. This is filler in between the real stuff. Great answers by the way.

do you want to have survived with you?

Let's say you are traveling by private jet for a big budget I-Club circuit with current and/or former basketball players and you plane crashes on an unknown island. What five players do you want to have survived with you? Why? Who would you rather not have with you? The island may be deserted, or there may also be hostiles already living there.

I'll start:
Chris Kingsbury. Pro: If you could be sure he's on your side, the guy never saw a fight he didn't like. Con: Need to be sure he's on your side.

Greg Helmers. Pro: In case we need to steal supplies from hostiles. Con: Easy to lose track of like a Yeti.

Troy Skinner. Pro: He's a team player, and would be sneaky quiet in the forest. Con: Doesn't ever shoot.

Alvin Robinson: Pro: Comedic relief. Con: None. He is on the list.

Gerry Wright: Pro: Huge hands for gathering food. Con: Sir Jam-a-lot may need to be king.

Bonus: John Strief. Healing powers like an aloe plant.

Don't want:
Jay Webb. Bad hands.
Pierre Pierce. Not to be trusted.

Wow, this is one alternative lifestyle question. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I have to say my reaction was the same as several of these posters.

This is a weird question. It is also an original idea for a question that has some entertainment value to it. While my initial thoughts were the same as a few others re guys like Helmers and some others that had negative strikes against them from their high school and college days, I chose not to publicly make such commentary about former Hawkeye athletes, this time.

I am not dogging anyone who does, but I am almost to the point where I don't say anything in this medium that I wouldn't say to someone's face. And for what it is worth, when I dog a poster's comments, that IS something I would say to someone's face if I knew them a little bit and was having a conversation with them.

Um, Wahlin. Nesbitt, Printy, Considine, and Draxton. And yes, I am a dirty old man. But, what does that make all you guys who are hoping to be stranded on an island with the men's team?

do you want to have survived with you?

Let's say you are traveling by private jet for a big budget I-Club circuit with current and/or former basketball players and you plane crashes on an unknown island. What five players do you want to have survived with you? Why? Who would you rather not have with you? The island may be deserted, or there may also be hostiles already living there.

I'll start:
Chris Kingsbury. Pro: If you could be sure he's on your side, the guy never saw a fight he didn't like. Con: Need to be sure he's on your side.

Greg Helmers. Pro: In case we need to steal supplies from hostiles. Con: Easy to lose track of like a Yeti.

Troy Skinner. Pro: He's a team player, and would be sneaky quiet in the forest. Con: Doesn't ever shoot.

Alvin Robinson: Pro: Comedic relief. Con: None. He is on the list.

Gerry Wright: Pro: Huge hands for gathering food. Con: Sir Jam-a-lot may need to be king.

Bonus: John Strief. Healing powers like an aloe plant.

Don't want:
Jay Webb. Bad hands.
Pierre Pierce. Not to be trusted.

This is based on what?
FYI - Kingsbury quit drinking 5 years ago.

Ballboy, went back and read your post. I love the Alvin Robinson call out. I remember whenever he got into games, he'd post his man up and yell, quite loudly, "woo-woo! woo-woo!" as a way to call for the ball. I was in high school at the time, and my friends and I used to replicate the "woo-woo" while playing driveway basketball.

Alvin always seemed happy. I wish he would have stayed at Iowa.

Um, Wahlin. Nesbitt, Printy, Considine, and Draxton. And yes, I am a dirty old man. But, what does that make all you guys who are hoping to be stranded on an island with the men's team?

Hey man, I chose Printy lol. I chose Chris Street cause I wish I could have gotten to know him.

Some of the responses in this thread got me to thinking...so I'll now make a list of 5 men's team only guys, that I would switch teams for, cuz hey, we're going to be stuck on that island and there may not be any female hostiles around, ya know!?!?

So here goes, in order of hotness...

Ok, stop scrolling...I was kidding...

Ed Horton definitely one bad a$$ and he'd be my pick as wing man. But I'd take any of that No. 1-ranked basketball team that kicked the you know what out of our second-ranked wrestling squad in the downtown bars.

Ed Horton definitely one bad a$$ and he'd be my pick as wing man. But I'd take any of that No. 1-ranked basketball team that kicked the you know what out of our second-ranked wrestling squad in the downtown bars.

That was still pretty much just Ed, if I remember correctly...:p

So on this deserted island is Jamie Printy, Chris Street, and you? And you think Printy will go for YOU?! You are one confident dude.

Well women like that about a guy lol. And Chris would be nearly 20 years older than her, so that falls into the "creepy zone" that some of you have already discussed. So I have faith in my abilities ;).

Well women like that about a guy lol. And Chris would be nearly 20 years older than her, so that falls into the "creepy zone" that some of you have already discussed. So I have faith in my abilities ;).

Why does everyone keep saying 40 vs 20 is creepy??? We're just male cougars...or..."mougars", if you will and...ok, not even believing my own BS at this point...

I give up...

Edit: I just thought of something...if Chris is coming back to join you and Jamie on this fictitious island, wouldn't he still be the young Chris? Thus thwarting your efforts when it comes to the lovely and talented Jamie Printy???

Why does everyone keep saying 40 vs 20 is creepy??? We're just male cougars...or..."mougars", if you will and...ok, not even believing my own BS at this point...

I give up...

Edit: I just thought of something...if Chris is coming back to join you and Jamie on this fictitious island, wouldn't he still be the young Chris? Thus thwarting your efforts when it comes to the lovely and talented Jamie Printy???

Creepy scale: Take your age, divide by two and add seven. You can date anyone that age or older. For instance, if you are 30, dividing by two and adding seven equals 22, so a 30 year old can date anyone from age 22 up. A 20 year old can date anyone age 17 and up. A 50 year old can date anyone age 32 and up and so on and so on.

Latest posts