If you were the OC, what's the gameplan for Saturday?

NEIChawk

Ok, all of us Monday morning "Q"'s, with what we have on offense, how do we use it to beat Wisconsin?

Ok, all of us Monday morning "Q"'s, with what we have on offense, how do we use it to beat Wisconsin?

We need to establish some sort of running game early bc they took that away from us last year, but I really think we need to be aggressive down the field bc their corners from what I have seen, like to jump routes and take risks especially #8. I actually think tevaun smith can have a big game along with our tight ends. Just a matter of us being aggressive which is hit or miss sometimes.

Play like we did vs NW. Get a consistent three yard push downfield. Pre read the blitz and hit them with the quick slant, screens, posts and flags to powell, smith, and M&M.

Run off guard on the inside hip of the tackles to maximize twenty carries to MW. Not throw shallow flat routes. Run Te seams against the zone. Control the clock.

This is a good defense. They will load the box. We need to hit some mis direction plays and will have to have a good intermediate and down field passing game. Having a more mobile QB would help too. Probably need Wadley, Parker, and Canzeri to hit the edges. Weisman will have to get three or four a carry. We really need to keep it close and keep our d off the field.

On defense I would have a spy on MG3. Stack the box and roll the dice with our backfield. Make them pass the ball.

On offense, dink and dunk will kill us. Willies would be nice for this game, but since we don't have him we need lots of Smith; Duzey; Canzeri; Powell; Wadley. I would put Weisman in the backfield with our speed backs and do lots of misdirection. SPEED SPEED SPEED. Oh, and CJ would start and play the whole game. Vandy and McCarron would be honorary water-boys for the rest of the season.

Play like we did vs NW. Get a consistent three yard push downfield. Pre read the blitz and hit them with the quick slant, screens, posts and flags to powell, smith, and M&M.

Run off guard on the inside hip of the tackles to maximize twenty carries to MW. Not throw shallow flat routes. Run Te seams against the zone. Control the clock.

I'm sorry to be a ******, but this will not work. We would need to be stronger and faster for this to work. KF needs to wire 1 million dollars to Hayden for some new exotics specifically taylored for this game.

Assuming flawless execution - - Push the ball down field by throwing...get them to back off a bit.
run when we normally pass and pass when we normally run. And then you can revert to more a standard approach...the thing about breaking from tendencies is that when it does not work it leave everyone shaking their head.

Don't just run parker out there all of a sudden and do the jet sweep. It is so obvious. I think they know that. I would not be surprised to see ghost motion, fake and fake up the middle and a pass attempt.

On defense I would have a spy on MG3. Stack the box and roll the dice with our backfield. Make them pass the ball.

On offense, dink and dunk will kill us. Willies would be nice for this game, but since we don't have him we need lots of Smith; Duzey; Canzeri; Powell; Wadley. I would put Weisman in the backfield with our speed backs and do lots of misdirection. SPEED SPEED SPEED. Oh, and CJ would start and play the whole game. Vandy and McCarron would be honorary water-boys for the rest of the season.

You can't spy a RB. And we have nobody that could stay with Gordon anyhow. We need to play very assignment sure team defense. We need Davis and LTP to control the inside gaps. That should make it easier for our LB's to focus on their gap responsibilities. We obviously need to set the edges well. If Gordon gets outside our defense, we can't catch him. Our LBs and safety's also can't over-pursuit their gaps. Alston and Spearman have this problem. Gordon can crease us for a 60 yard touchdown if our LBs/safety run past their gaps, which was a problem with T. Coleman. Corners will need to play solid man-to-man defense to let our safety's fill hard.

On offense, we need to figure out if we can run the ball, and if we can, what type of run schemes are successful. Ideally, we can run inside zone, jet sweep, and play action off that. We can stick with Ruddock and run our normal ball-control offense. If we can't run the ball, we need to consider CJB. We can put in more of a QB run game and attack Wisconsin vertically looking for big play strikes. I think we need to have a plan if we can't run the ball with our base sets. And the plan can't be putting Jake in the shot-gun and running 3 and 4 WR sets, because we've seen over and over that that offense is terrible. We can't have unproductive 3-and-outs and lack big play ability.

You can't spy a RB. And we have nobody that could stay with Gordon anyhow. We need to play very assignment sure team defense. We need Davis and LTP to control the inside gaps. That should make it easier for our LB's to focus on their gap responsibilities. We obviously need to set the edges well. If Gordon gets outside our defense, we can't catch him. Our LBs and safety's also can't over-pursuit their gaps. Alston and Spearman have this problem. Gordon can crease us for a 60 yard touchdown if our LBs/safety run past their gaps, which was a problem with T. Coleman. Corners will need to play solid man-to-man defense to let our safety's fill hard.

On offense, we need to figure out if we can run the ball, and if we can, what type of run schemes are successful. Ideally, we can run inside zone, jet sweep, and play action off that. We can stick with Ruddock and run our normal ball-control offense. If we can't run the ball, we need to consider CJB. We can put in more of a QB run game and attack Wisconsin vertically looking for big play strikes. I think we need to have a plan if we can't run the ball with our base sets. And the plan can't be putting Jake in the shot-gun and running 3 and 4 WR sets, because we've seen over and over that that offense is terrible. We can't have unproductive 3-and-outs and lack big play ability.

I felt pwned and then you said "we can stick with Rudock", which translates to "we can win with Rudock". Nope, we can't. Between interceptions/sacks they will snap him in 2 like its Barney Fife vs Chuck Norris.

KF is gonna have to get waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy outside his comfort zone on this one.

I would make damn sure I would run at least one flea-flicker, and a wheel route or two. I'd make KF wear a hoodie as well.

Prob 3 TE sets to help block a bit & give the option of a pass. They are going to have to score points to keep up with Wisky, in looking at the defensive game results of past games this year. This is a game where it's imperative to have ball control & use the clock to keep Gordon off the field. KF loves ball control & sometimes he's too conservative, but this game they really do need to keep the ball 10 more minutes than Wisky. Control the clock & line of scrimmage. That will give them a chance. And again, throw a flea flicker & wheelroute in Saturday!

Wisconsin's defense is good. Really good.

This might be one of those strange games where the Hawks have to throw to set up the run. Iowa is 2nd in the BIG in passing yards for conference games. We have play-makers at receiver. We have two capable QB's. All hands on deck.

this thread has got me all worked up so this will be my last post in it (stop clapping).

Conservative (i.e. taking a knee at the half, trying to keep the score close to win it at the end, field-position battle, etc.) in anyway or any amount will lose this game. They are going to have to look like a completely different team that has gone full psycho will every player effed up on weaponized-drugs to get the W. If the first 2 plays on the first series is off tackle run I'm going Elvis on my flat screen.

Dial up a barrel of "newness" Captain.

First play, CJ at QB. Play action. Throw it to Smith for a 75 yard touchdown when the defense bites on the play fake. Ball game.

But if I were OC and Kurt told me Jake had to start no matter what, I'd donate $10,000 to every major religion and pray to all of their deities hoping for some help.

I think the few times our offense looked good it was because we came out and threw the ball downfield with conviction. Running Wiesman the first two plays isn't going set any tone so steer clear of that sauce. I'd love to see a hitch and go out of the gate to Powell or Smith and get them off their back foot early. That will open things up for Wadley and Canzeri and if we can keep Wiesman to just the 3rd and 1's or 1st and goals I think we stand a better chance. I just don't think he is the back between the 20's. Finally a heavy dose of intermediate passes to the TE will keep the chains moving. We can not afford to have them be silent and we sure can't have a case of butterfingers by ANYONE catching balls.

Same game plan as the NW game plus add in 3 or 4 new looks just to keep Wiscy a bit confused. We are so predictable on offense ... we need a few new wrinkles, be it trick plays or different formations.

P.S. A fake punt or surprise on side kick on those bastards would also be sweet. Payback for 2010.:cool:

I would probably run a lot of 2 yard outs to Bullock. A lot of Weisman on slow developing stretch plays. Pretty much copy the Ball State/Iowa State game plan. That should work against these sissies.

Latest posts