If you haven’t seen the excerpt...

If opinion matters I feel the player Alumni will be part of the selection process of the next head coach and if they aren't they should be. You have many former and present ex-NFL Alumni that probably have candidates in mind or can recommend someone to consider. I think the Iowa job will be attractive because it offers some stability when you have a rough season or mediocre stretch. Practicing patience is tough but in the long term it can be beneficial.

Boy...when KF reaches into his memory bank and hits one of those life changing moments...he doesn't just remember the details, he feels the same emotion of what it meant to him at the time like he's there. He goes from guarded and professional to an emotional mess in two seconds.

My wife is like that. She can call up a time when I really screwed up...and she not only remembers the details of what I did...she feels the same emotion like it just happened...so I have that going for me.

Say what you will about his conservative nature...but this is a man that cares deeply, not just about his program...but how his life was blessed with the people that got him to this point...and he's genuinely, heart-felt grateful.

Good stuff.

Your comment about your wife...we can all understand. Our wives collectively are the same. The plight of males all over the world. :cool:;):):(

You do realize that I am the first one that predicted BF would become our next football coach nearly two years ago. If BF indeed becomes our next coach, I believe that he will open up the offense even more. I think KF is the one that is resisting too much change, too soon. But Iowa is passing the ball more often and I’m starting to see a little RPO starting to emerge out of our offense lately. BF is trying to effect a change in our offensive philosophy, but only to the extent that KF will allow.
First one eh? Hahahaha

There is an important name being left out of the discussion regarding who will call the shots in replacing KF whenever he steps aside. Bruce Harreld is no
shrinking violet. I would be astounded if he stands by and allows a mediocre hire to take place. I'm certain he will maintain a proper distance from the hiring process but don't think for a minute that he will stand by idly and be a rubber stamp - he is a strong executive and, I believe, is an excellent judge of talent. KF's replacement will have to pass muster with Bruce Harreld. (Assuming he is still the prez at the time of KF's departure.) Harreld gets the big picture and no doubt understands the significance of Hawkeye athletics to not only the university, but the entire state of Iowa.

Look it up man. It’s true.
source.gif

people love to catch Kirk getting choked up. I guess its because most of the time he does not exhibit much emotion in his pressers.

I don’t want KF fired at all. But he’s not gonna coach forever and I sure as shit don’t want his dork of a kid to be the HC. When (not if) that happens we’re gonna “yearn for the KF years.”
I'm not predicting this or necessarily think it's the case with BF so don't shoot me for this thought that popped in my head. But what if BF would possibly be a better HC than a coordinator. In the same way some are better coordinators and have no business being HCs. Just because he's not the greatest game planner/play caller may not mean he wouldn't be good at the CEO part of running a team. So far I'm leaning towards no on him being that. But it's a thought nonetheless

So of course the next question is how many more seasons of KF do we have? Nobody could be surprised if he retired after the bowl game too much (I would be though) But most likely what's realistic? 2-5 maybe? There's a point here pretty darn quick (hasn't started yet obviously we have a great class this yr) where the negative recruiting will kick in with his age and the talk about he won't be there when you graduate talk will start. That's a real thing and recruiting to Iowa is tough enough as it is.

You do realize that I am the first one that predicted BF would become our next football coach nearly two years ago. If BF indeed becomes our next coach, I believe that he will open up the offense even more. I think KF is the one that is resisting too much change, too soon. But Iowa is passing the ball more often and I’m starting to see a little RPO starting to emerge out of our offense lately. BF is trying to effect a change in our offensive philosophy, but only to the extent that KF will allow.

yes. This is Kirk's O and has been for the last 20. He ain't told no one, "here's the keys, go nuts!".

Latest posts