If you have any doubts…

I really think Lester has changed the O significantly in the run game. Variety of blocking theories used, interesting misdirection, pre-snap motion, head set with QB. Play calling more imaginative, for sure. Jury is out on the pass game, but I see some flashes.
The Sullivan packages we're seeing I don't think we'd be seeing without Lester. I just wish there was more of it.

Sullivan strikes me as a Beathard/Stanzi/Tate personality. I have no idea if he can play as well, but having the attitude and toughness of those three would be 90% of the equation.

CJ wasn't an overly athletic guy but I've never seen a tougher one put the jersey on. Down the stretch in '15/'16 he was going on pure adrenaline banged up from top to bottom.

I'll put it this way...

I met Nate and Spencer a couple times each briefly. Both were very well-spoken and ridiculously nice guys. I mean no offense by this at all, but those aren't the Iowa QBs I'm choosing to go to war with and get shot at. CJ, Ricky, and Tate had that intangible confidence and badassery that you knew they were scared of nothing and wanted to be on that field with their bros no matter what freight train was coming at them. Beathard limped off of that field many many times like he just got hit by a bus and the next drive he was scrambling around the edge diving into linebackers going full speed to try and get a few extra inches and a first down. Your teammates feed off that and it's contagious.

Nate and Petras when shit hit the fan they had the oh my god look on their faces and you could tell they weren't ok. If you've ever seen someone get punched in the face for the first time you know the look I'm talking about. And it's ok. Not everyone's built that way. Some people thrive on being in front of 70,000 people on 3rd and 11 knowing the other team is bringing the house.

The only two crucial ones are Woods and Parker.

Parker is gone either way. 26 years with one boss who you like and who you know probably better than anyone on earth. Woods nor Wallace are going to tell Parker how to run his squad and if it's an outsider the whole staff is gone anyway. So when KF leaves, there's no scenario Parker stays.

Woods, he's gone too. He's got lots of HC interest and he's also not going to work under Wallace. Again, an outsider is going to bring in his own gang and clean house.

Wallace, if he gets the job I'm respectfully saying I'm bowing out of Iowa football until the day he's fired or quits. I won't support someone who did what he did to Kallenberger. No way. He's a disgusting human being. I know what ADD can do to a kid first hand under the best of circumstances, let alone with a scumbag like this bullying you off the team, posting your grades, and making life miserable for you...If you forgot the details I suggest anyone goes and checks out Kallenberger's twitter posts about what he had done to him.

I mean just look at this POS...Any of us born from 1975 on had a kid who looked just like this in the halls just waiting for someone to come along they could toss in a locker or call a "f****t." Eff Seth Wallace.
View attachment 11091

Mind you, I'm not done with Iowa football permanently after that happens, just until he's gone. If he's the new HC, I hope Iowa loses every single game they play and he's run off as a laughing stock to some high school assistant job in Kalamazoo.

Yep, that's how I really feel and I HATE it because I think there's a very real and very stupid chance he gets it.Is
Is your perception of Wallace based exclusively on the Kallenberger incident?

For what it's worth, I don't think Goetz will put much weight into the associate head coach title. My guess is she has a list of outside candidates, some of whom might be long shots, and she'll discreetly find out which ones have interest once the opening occurs. And then she'll also interview a couple internal candidates. I'm also guessing she's done a lot of leg work behind the scenes to get a feel for those internal candidates - and that picture may or may not align with the associate head coach title.

Ultimately I don't think Kirk's opinion will have much impact on the decision; I think he'll have far less pull than Hayden did. And certainly far less than influence than if Barta was still AD.

Is your perception of Wallace based exclusively on the Kallenberger incident?

For what it's worth, I don't think Goetz will put much weight into the associate head coach title. My guess is she has a list of outside candidates, some of whom might be long shots, and she'll discreetly find out which ones have interest once the opening occurs. And then she'll also interview a couple internal candidates. I'm also guessing she's done a lot of leg work behind the scenes to get a feel for those internal candidates - and that picture may or may not align with the associate head coach title.

Ultimately I don't think Kirk's opinion will have much impact on the decision; I think he'll have far less pull than Hayden did. And certainly far less than influence than if Barta was still AD.
+1

If Beth has to put KF out to pasture, he won't want a voice or get a voice in who replaces him.

If there is sort of a mutual retirement, Beth will hear him out, but that is about it.

In the dream scenario where KF makes the playoffs, somehow pulls off 12 wins, and hangs 'em up on top (Bluder style), he probably will have a voice in it and keeping the staff together and elevating someone may make some sense just like it did with WBB.

Because I don't see that the dream scenario is going to materialize, I suspect the search will consider both an internal promotion and a strong look at a new direction outside the existing staff. I trust Beth to make the right call here.

Honestly, if you forced me to elevate someone from the existing staff, I would actually choose Lester. Iowa will need a change in direction and a tweak in culture when replacing a dinosaur/legendary coach, and the staff that has been here forever will likely just try to recreate what KF does but won't be as good at it.

When the time comes, my guess is that somewhere, somehow, someone will plant a bug in her ear about what happened with Wallace and Kallenberger.

In this day and age of micro-vetting overkill, it will come to the forefront. How much significance she places on that information remains to be seen. At the very least, I'm sure she will confront Wallace with it and gauge his reaction and response.

Kirk may frustrate the fanbase at times, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if 30 years from now, fans will be wishing Iowa football could return to these days... No, he's not perfect, but very few people would not agree that he has always been a class act and has worked diligently to run an honest program that placed a tremendous emphasis on character and family.

Latest posts