If you could have a player come back for this year

If I was taking a wr for this offense it would be hinkle. If they arent going to throw downfield then DJK and McNutt dont add as much.

I love Hinkel, but if I were looking for a possession receiver, I'd go with Brodell. Had he not gotten injured, he'd be playing in the League right now. That game where O'Keefe dialed up all those screens to him that went for TDs was a pure masterpiece. Dude could take it to the house against anyone. Hinkel probably had slightly better hands, but Brodell could make big plays and was a great punt returner as well.

I love Hinkel, but if I were looking for a possession receiver, I'd go with Brodell. Had he not gotten injured, he'd be playing in the League right now. That game where O'Keefe dialed up all those screens to him that went for TDs was a pure masterpiece. Dude could take it to the house against anyone. Hinkel probably had slightly better hands, but Brodell could make big plays and was a great punt returner as well.

Something about the way Hinkle could cut through the middle. Like how Hinkle and Banks lit up the big house.

Hey troll, why don't you try harder? How many times have you seen this team play? Oh, zero. Well why don't drink a glass of shut the heck up and go away? Are you ActiveBadger?
No, but I am a member of The Committee, and we are seriously considering firing your punk a$$.

There's really only one choice here guys. Sanders changed the program with his attitude and play when he was here...something we have sorely missed.

There's really only one choice here guys. Sanders changed the program with his attitude and play when he was here...something we have sorely missed.

I think you could go with a couple different guys on defense but the offensive player would be harder to choose. You could pick a wr but if the QB cant get him the ball then it doesnt matter. You could go with Greene and he will put points on the board but without a passing game hes not going to turn a season around. Thats why I think it has to be Banks. You wouldnt have to amazing wrs because DBs would alway be cheating up to stop him from running. If they dont then Banks would run through them no problem.

Drew Tate- Best Qb Ferentz had. The dude was a whiner but also a winner. 5 2 86 baby!

Matt Roth- He talked a lot of crap but he also backed it up. ANIMAL! FU LSU!

You have 4 posts now on Hawkeyenation and you have said something negative or tried to correct people in all 4 tries. Its just our opinions. Relax or take a hike

He did correct something of mine that I was wrong about.

Tate was kind of a mix between Stanzi and Banks. Id say Stanzi was the best for prostyle. Banks was the best playmaker. Id say for defenses Banks was the hardest to gameplan.

The guy who would make the most difference would be Bob Sanders, if not him, Mat Roth/Johnathan Babineaux.

I'm going with Banks this year and most years (especially last year) unless our current QB turnsout to be a stud playmaker (which I'm optimistic he will). If we're set at QB I might go with Gallery or Greene. AC or Roth on defense.

Last edited:
So everybody seems to agree that on defense it needs to be someone who was a playmaker, but also brought some attitude to the game. IMO, it is the attitude part that is really what this defense is missing. We've had some solid players on defense, and some playmakers in the secondary the last two years, but NOBODY that has brought that nasty attitude since Angerer left.

The offense on the other hand is such a mess that I don't think there is any one player that can do it. The whole reason I went with Gallery is because of his attitude. He had that 'play to the whistle plus an extra beat or two before stopping' attitude. It's gotta help the QB knowing that guy playing LT has his back both literally and figuratively.

If you could have one player from the KF Era come back to play on this years team who would you pick. One offense and one defense.

Brad Banks- Dual threat. Iowa needs other teams to guard against QB running, run game, and passing game. A QB who never runs makes DL look awsome. Most teams in the BoneG have Dual threat QBs.

Adrian Clayborn- I think AC would add like two wins to this upcoming year or last year. Bob Sanders is my favorite all time Hawk but this years team needs a stud on the DL in a bad way.

Stanzi at QB, Mitch King on DL

So everybody seems to agree that on defense it needs to be someone who was a playmaker, but also brought some attitude to the game. IMO, it is the attitude part that is really what this defense is missing. We've had some solid players on defense, and some playmakers in the secondary the last two years, but NOBODY that has brought that nasty attitude since Angerer left.

The offense on the other hand is such a mess that I don't think there is any one player that can do it. The whole reason I went with Gallery is because of his attitude. He had that 'play to the whistle plus an extra beat or two before stopping' attitude. It's gotta help the QB knowing that guy playing LT has his back both literally and figuratively.

Kaeding's automatic points were nice to have, too. And let's not forget how dangerous Kaeding was as a runner. Remember the TD in C'bus?

KF would probably choose the best long snapper he could get.

Nope, KF's answer to such a hypothetical would be "we've had a lot of great players come through here and I wouldn't be able to just pick one and there isn't anyone in this current group of players who hasn't worked hard." He wouldn't want to hurt the long snapper's feelings.

Kaeding's automatic points were nice to have, too. And let's not forget how dangerous Kaeding was as a runner. Remember the TD in C'bus?

We could certainly use Reggie Roby's punting. He regularly pinned opponents deep in their own territory. Wore out opposing offenses trying to regain those lost yards, gave the offense a chance to rest up a bit. Greg Davis could certainly use that advantage this coming year.

#GD4prez

Latest posts