If you are Gary Barta do you force

imported_UHawk

KF to make some coaching changes to save his job for the future?

I know he doesn't put it that way to him but you could make KF see the writing on the wall. I don't think he has the ballz to do it and if he did KF would politely say screw you. But is this option even on the table?

If Barta wants to keep fans in the stands, something is going to have to change. Iowa football is quickly becoming the Lickliter era bb and KF is quickly becoming Lickliter.

KF should be apologizing to all University of Iowa football fans for what he allowed to happen today.

The man has run out of excuses for his poor job performance.

I don't Barta has the clout or even the balls to do that.

Barta = Jamie Pollard, not Bo Schembechler

Bo would have forced Ferentz to change long ago because he had the ability to do whatever he wanted. Barta doesn't have the balls to do so and I don't think he needs to.

If Barta wants to keep fans in the stands, something is going to have to change. Iowa football is quickly becoming the Lickliter era bb and KF is quickly becoming Lickliter.

KF should be apologizing to all University of Iowa football fans for what he allowed to happen today.

It will never be like the lickliter era. Fans will still come to Kinnick. Attendance may suffer to the tune of 5-10 thousand less but never 75% less like Carver was during that time.

KF runs the athletics dept...Barta is just the public figure. Send all angry letters of disapproval to KF's agent. Thanks

I think if as an AD one was ready to give a head coach an ultimatum of 'fire your coaching staff or else' then personally I would go ahead and remove the head coach. It seems to me once you're ready to go as far as you're suggesting, then why stop there and not just change coaching regimes entirely. If the new HC wants to keep an old assistant for recruiting purposes (Alford keeping Rich Walker) that's what it is.

No, and I think its an incredibly stupid question.

I'm sorry Duffman? it is...you are unbelievably wise and far superior to my meager level of thought. I shall crawl in a hole and die. I will hopefully aspire to acheive a status of thousands of posts one day to show my life is not a waste doing important things like living life.

Come on man, there's not even a remote similarity between the current state of Iowa Football and the LickLiter era. Why are things exaggerated so badly after loses like this. You want proof that there no where near eachother simply look at the stadium next Saturday and tell me how many empty seats there are. I realize it was a bad loss and I understand the venting, but come on, think of what your comparing it to.

I'm not sure Barta could force KF to change anything and even if he could what's he supposed to say or do? I suppose he could suggest it, but no way he could force him to fire NP or anything. "Kirk make changes or else" ooooo, Kirk would be shaking in his pleaded trousers.

KF is untouchable unless you go all out, you either fire him and move on or accept losses like this. If were lucky KF will realize what the problems are and get rid of the dead weight himself.

I have zero issues with the overall direction of the program and think the loss today had zero to do with scheme, play calling, or coaching.

We don't coach to miss field goals. We don't coach to miss blitz pick-ups.

We gave away three red zone possessions and lost the turn over battle.

I have zero issues with the overall direction of the program and think the loss today had zero to do with scheme, play calling, or coaching.

C'mon Duff. A peewee league team should kick the **** out of Minny. Even with the missed FGs and TOs we should have killed them. Coker should be ******.

But you do coach the qb to read blitzes and you do coach to be ready for possible fakes. Those do have an effect in the outcome of games.

Re: If you are Gary Barta do you

A change in coordinators is way over due. KF is getting paid far too much money to be aloud to let embarrassing losses like this continue. I believe he is asked to make changes on both sides of the ball or he is asked to leave. I agree that Barta does not have the stones. Then he goes too.

But you do coach the qb to read blitzes and you do coach to be ready for possible fakes. Those do have an effect in the outcome of games.

Exactly. Amazing how so many folks in here have no clue when it comes to sports. Gotta play them to know about them I guess. :rolleyes:

What's more realistic, we don't practice or prepare for blitz pick ups, or we don't properly execute them on the field.

Three redzone opportunities should equal at least 13 points. That makes the score 34 to 10 going into the 4th. Combined with the stat sheet that's an *** whooping in my book