If we beat Wisky and Nebby does that erase the 3 losses?

They can still be Big 10 champions and win a major bowl game. The 3 games that the ncaa does not recognize as victories only keeps Iowa from a national championship.

No, bc if we beat wisc and neb (I honestly don't think we will, we can't stop the run) then we should have beat an underrated Minnesota team, and there is no excuse on the planet for why we lose to ISU and Maryland. If we beat wisc and nebby, we should be undefeated playing OSU for the B1G title and playoff hopes.. Plain and simple.

I've seen both Wisconsin and Nebraska this year in Evanston. Both of those teams will exploit our LBs and with Rudock at QB, we won't be able to keep the games close. Wisconsin only lost to NU because their QB played awful and they threw 4 picks, but Gordon just went off on them. The fact that we didn't score well over 40 against that pathetic Illinois defense makes me pretty worried.

Need to beat both Wisky and Nebraska for that to happen. The odds of that happening are pretty damn slim both RB's IMO are going to shred Iowa to bits..

No, bc if we beat wisc and neb (I honestly don't think we will, we can't stop the run) then we should have beat an underrated Minnesota team, and there is no excuse on the planet for why we lose to ISU and Maryland. If we beat wisc and nebby, we should be undefeated playing OSU for the B1G title and playoff hopes.. Plain and simple.

I agree that it would correctly show just how much talent is on this team. Reading comments from people that our talent level is below Minny/MD/Cyclones has been very entertaining this season.

I've seen both Wisconsin and Nebraska this year in Evanston. Both of those teams will exploit our LBs and with Rudock at QB, we won't be able to keep the games close. Wisconsin only lost to NU because their QB played awful and they threw 4 picks, but Gordon just went off on them. The fact that we didn't score well over 40 against that pathetic Illinois defense makes me pretty worried.

Don't you love getting down voted for making sense? I'd love to know who it was so I can bash them.

Well, if they have at least 100 posts, that is.

I think so. Cause those last two teams are far better than the other 3 we lost to.
And it would clinch a berth in the Conf Champ.

I think so. Cause those last two teams are far better than the other 3 we lost to.
And it would clinch a berth in the Conf Champ.

I think there are 3 camps but you're in the majority camp.

Camp 1) No it wouldn't

Camp 2) It would feel good but highlight how we underachieved this year

Camp 3) All is forgiven. (majority camp)

Something to think about though. Say we split the games. We will end up with the SAME end-of-season record we had last year, despite an easier schedule and more overall team maturity. AND we would've only beaten one team with a winning record.

That Iowa State loss is an albatross (I bust out my rhymes from time to time):cool:

I think there are 3 camps but you're in the majority camp.

Camp 1) No it wouldn't

Camp 2) It would feel good but highlight how we underachieved this year

Camp 3) All is forgiven. (majority camp)

Something to think about though. Say we split the games. We will end up with the SAME end-of-season record we had last year, despite an easier schedule and more overall team maturity. AND we would've only beaten one team with a winning record.

That Iowa State loss is an albatross (I bust out my rhymes from time to time):cool:

I think you're absolutely right. Even though Iowa played poorly in road losses to Maryland and Minny, those are somewhat forgiveable. The home ISU loss was horrid.

No, but i would happy with 9 wins and a shot at a B1G title, which I would take every year.

That said, I don't see us being able to beat Wisc or nebby.

Now, if by some miracle, we win out and win the B1G, I wouldn't care how we did it, and I could forgive, but not forget.

Hell, I still wonder about '02 and if we get a shot at the NC if beat isu.

If Iowa somehow makes the championship game, it won't matter to me how many losses they have. This season has been so frustrating. My support of KF is at an all-time low. My confidence in GD went bankrupt in September....last season. We're on to the second foreclosure at this point.

Even with all that, it's the midpoint of November, and the Hawks are still in the title hunt, controlling their own destiny. When was the last time we could say that?

No, because we should not have lost those 3 games and we should win the next two. I am tired of giving kfootball a pass on screwing up. do you all realize that we should be undefeated, in large part, due to our insanely easy schedule? We should be 9-0. It isn't forgivable to pizz that away.

Latest posts