If we beat Wisky and Nebby does that erase the 3 losses?

No. The losses do not go away. But making it to the B1G-TG was a reasonable expectation at the beginning of the year so I would be ecstatic if it happened.

That being said, because of those 3 bad losses I am not hopeful for the next two.

Maybe the Hawks have been gunning for those two games all year which means not focusing on the task at hand which leads to the inconsistent and bad play.

Hey, I gotta have a reason to hope.

If Iowa wins these next two games, it's a good year. If they win one, it's an okay, but frustrating year. If they lose both it's a disappointing, but not disastrous, year.

If this team peaks and plays it's best ball of the season when it counts the most...I think most will forgive the bad losses.

NO. First there isnt a snow balls chance

Second - if we would stumble through 2 victories it would only make those 3 losses sting more

Won't happen and I'm laughing not snickering. We can dream for a week and that's about it.

I wasn't expecting a national championship, and was hoping for a berth in the conference title game. I didn't have a certain record I was hoping for, so yes, I guess it does "erase" those losses.

No...it magnifies them. Especially the ISU embarrassment.

Of course it would make for a nice finish and a better record (even a weak 9-3 is pretty damn good), but it would bring into even sharper relief...KFz's shortcomings and why he'll never win a NC. Every game matters. And treating them all the same...is the surest way to lost some you shouldn't...which he frequently does.

It isn't going to happen, but if it did, only the true haters would still be upset about the season when winning the B1G west.

For the most part it would. The ISU game is one they should have never lost. That one really stinks, and still does. Up 14-3 at half and lose to that team? No good answer or explanation for that one. The loss to Maryland is one of those that happens. Wisconsin lost to NW and Minnesota lost to Illinois. Those are worse losses than Iowa's loss to Maryland. Iowa's loss to Minnesota was an aberration in terms of how bad they played. They got swept up in Minnesota's momentum and never got their feet under them - a total wheels off the bus type game. If they win the West with a 6-2 record, I'm fine with that, although I'd much prefer their record to be 10-2 at that point.

As far as I know there will still be a number 3 in the loss column so no it won't erase it but it will make me feel alot better plus it has the potential for a good Hollywood sport's movie.

Instead of The Hoosiers it would be the football version, The Hawkeyes......... you know the kind where the locals at the barbershop are calling for a housecleaning of the program, the head coach is a stubborn old guy who is being accused of the game passing him by, one of the future stars of the team departs with rumors of more players to follow, even the deprived program just down the road beats The Hawks early in the season yet somehow they hold together for a roller coaster season with an ending you don't want to miss!

I'm giving 5 to 1 odds (you are required to bet a minimum of $100 to win $500) to anyone that wants to bet on Iowa winning both games.

no, Iowa's record would still show 3 losses. The only way to change that is to go back in time and win those games.

Barring an injury to Gordon, it won't happen. I still remember what Ron Drane did to a similar Hawkeye team.

I can't forgive the ISU loss or the Minnesota loss. The team looked totally unprepared against opponents they play every single year, and the coaching staff looked lost. If they beat Wisconsin and Nebby, those losses would be inexplicable.

This team is Jekyll and Hyde - the heart attack Hawks would be the nickname for this year's team if that happened.

no, Iowa's record would still show 3 losses. The only way to change that is to go back in time and win those games.

And if you did go back in time, what would you change?

Also, I see you have 999 posts. FYI--I believe it is required that you post girly pics on landmark posts.

It doesn't "erase" the 3 losses.. Iowa would be 9-3. But it would definitely salvage what has been a very pedestrian season to this point. That's a big "IF" though.

But naturally, most of us would be saying "if only"...

If they win the Big Ten West, it erases the 3 losses, IMO.
Expectations were 10-2, split between Wisky and Debbie, with a chance to win the West.
We have to win the next 2, and hope that the Gophers lose one to win the West.

Good news that the Wisky and Debbie's school colors are not red and yellow, like
Iowa State, Maryland and Minnesota.

Latest posts