if the rumor is true about Coordinators

How about after we beat Oklahoma in the bowl game and Bob is fired, we hire him for O Coordinator and get both of the Stoops' in one big deal. Pipe dream, I know.

If mike played his cards right and kept the antics under control he could end up the next head coach at Iowa in a few years.

How about after we beat Oklahoma in the bowl game and Bob is fired, we hire him for O Coordinator and get both of the Stoops' in one big deal. Pipe dream, I know.

That makes me almost too happy to think about. Bob would be the next HC at some university. Mike needs some tutelage.

Any defense of KOK is absurd. It has been Norm's defense over the years that has defined Iowa football. The offense consistently underperformed and the D had to save the day. No better example than the MN game where we threw twice to Herman and once to White at the end of the game. Nothing like going out with your guns blazing.

as i originally asked who would you get as the next OC
KOKis not leaving unless he gets a HC's job somewhere
take the "I HATE KOK BLINDERS OFF"
he is a good OC
also i doubt Stoops would go from a HC to a Co-DC
it will come down to Nebbie and Iowa
and then only if Norm retires

has stoops ever coached on the offensive side of the ball? i've only known him as a defensive coach, like his brothers.

has stoops ever coached on the offensive side of the ball? i've only known him as a defensive coach, like his brothers.

This. His offensive juggernauts were the products of Leach/Long/etc. That and talent. All of the Stoops are defensive minds, and brilliant ones at that (or at least Bob and Mark are).

as i originally asked who would you get as the next OC
KOKis not leaving unless he gets a HC's job somewhere
take the "I HATE KOK BLINDERS OFF"
he is a good OC
also i doubt Stoops would go from a HC to a Co-DC
it will come down to Nebbie and Iowa
and then only if Norm retires
latest rumor on twitter is KOK to interview at PSU #KOK4PSU

I don't see Stoops going to Ohio St. Why would he want to be a co-defensive cord at this point in his career? Doesn't make any sense.

as i originally asked who would you get as the next OCKOKis not leaving unless he gets a HC's job somewheretake the "I HATE KOK BLINDERS OFF"he is a good OCalso i doubt Stoops would go from a HC to a Co-DCit will come down to Nebbie and Iowa and then only if Norm retires
latest rumor on twitter is KOK to interview at PSU #KOK4PSU

This is actually true and even ended up on PSU boards.

Any defense of KOK is absurd. It has been Norm's defense over the years that has defined Iowa football. The offense consistently underperformed and the D had to save the day.

Yeah, except for, you know, KIRK FERENTZ'S BEST EVER TEAM in 2002 that was propelled by a magnificent offense and medicore (overall) defense.

Also, in every single game that Iowa has ever won under the current staff, KOK's offense had to put more points on the board than Norm's D allowed.

See how that works?

You're an idiot.

I'll post here what I've said in another thread...

One of my family members is a collegiate coach here in Iowa (not D1) and he's spent plenty of time with the Iowa coaching staff throughout camps and practices. He told me he thinks Norm is retiring and KOK is either going to retire or look elsewhere. Now this was just his opinion from spending time with the Iowa staff, but he also said if this were to happen he thought it was more likely that Ferentz would promote from within on the defensive side and hire from the outside for the offense. If he decided to promote from within on defense he thought Darryl Wilson would have the best chance. He had no idea who would be considered on the offensive side of things. I didn't ask him about the Stoops rumors either, but obviously if he's interested I think he'd have a decent shot as well.

And no, I'm not naming sources because it's family and it's his business. Everything at this point is speculation, this is just what I've heard from whom I consider to be a pretty reliable source.

Latest posts