If, on the 1% chance Iowa can somehow beat OSU in the Shoe,

So you're saying Iowa has a 1% chance to win this game? I would assert that it is more like 1/1000 of 1%. In the East/West era of the Big Ten, no team from the west has won a game at Ohio. In fact, the last time any team from the West won at Ohio was when Illinois pulled off a miracle in 2007. Our drought there is now over 30 years. Maybe the odds are more like 0.0000001%.

Hell, I will about cry myself. KF's seat needs to be hotter, and a win at fOSU would take his ass off the burner, at least until next season.

I never root for Iowa to lose, and I NEVER root for fOSU to win, but Iowa needs to tank the rest of the season if we as fans hope for change down the road, especially the next 1-2 years down the road.

That being said, GO HAWKS.

I keep racking my brain trying to come up with the final score.

Tennessee scored 50+ agains Alabama for crying out loud. Could OSU hang half a hundred on the hawks?

Can Iowa have some semblence of offense and use up some clock and keep the ball away from OSU?

If I were an animator I'd develop ad cartoon of a crazy iowa fan, who was walking down the street in IC and hears someoen say "We need O" so he goes to columbus on Thursday, rents a huge truck and steals all the O's in town and comes back and dumps them on KF's front yard. People in Clumbus wake up to find they have no Os in _hi_

Hell, I will about cry myself. KF's seat needs to be hotter, and a win at fOSU would take his ass off the burner, at least until next season.

I never root for Iowa to lose, and I NEVER root for fOSU to win, but Iowa needs to tank the rest of the season if we as fans hope for change down the road, especially the next 1-2 years down the road.

This may sound counterintuitive, but a win at Ohio is the only thing Kurt hasn't achieved other than winning the conference title game (which is never gonna happen) so he might actually be more prone to retire after this season if he wins this game.

A fluky win this weekend would be the absolute worst possible thing that could happen for this team. Some of you people just don't think past a week or two in the future. Yikes.
I think the seniors on the team would disagree with you. Think about the kids playing great football on defense who will be departing at the end of this season. A victory over Ohio State would make their year and be a lifetime memory.

It's all academic because Iowa is not going to defeat Ohio State. It isn't happening.

A fluky win this weekend would be the absolute worst possible thing that could happen for this team. Some of you people just don't think past a week or two in the future. Yikes

Why? I don't think there's any chance we win the game, but on the weird bizarre chance they somehow did, it would be a much needed shot in the arm for a program circling the toilet.

a W over the east could give Iowa a tie breaker too right? I feel like IL already lost to Indiana. WI already lost to TOSU and MSU.

Not that THAT is going to happen either, but a W, rare or not, would be absolutely amazing. My guess is they lose by 30+ tho.

A fluky win this weekend would be the absolute worst possible thing that could happen for this team. Some of you people just don't think past a week or two in the future. Yikes.

It would probably result in an extension for the coaching staff

I think the seniors on the team would disagree with you. Think about the kids playing great football on defense who will be departing at the end of this season. A victory over Ohio State would make their year and be a lifetime memory.
The program as a whole is bigger than any one class or team. I'm not in favor of anything that gives more (fake) credibility to Brian Ferentz. YMMV.

Does Day have any sympathy in his body is the question. This could be 21-0 at the end of the first quarter. How fast does he pull the plug on his starters and think big picture/ They are playing for all the marbles. Not to worry about anybody elses feelings. Idealy they'd like to get up 30-40 pts in the first half and not even trot out the starters in the 2nd if they could. Unless OSU has a mass of injuries and fluky plays/TOs Iowa doesn't have a shot at keeping this game close let alone winning it.

This may sound counterintuitive, but a win at Ohio is the only thing Kurt hasn't achieved other than winning the conference title game (which is never gonna happen) so he might actually be more prone to retire after this season if he wins this game.
Ohio is in the MAC, Ohio State is in the Big 10

I wasn't liking the "root to tank" part...but rather the "will about cry myself" part. But for me, it would be from stunned surprise.

Latest posts