If it's McCaffery, welcome aboard

Okay, so now go get Forbes.

If Iowa is TRULY his dream job, then it should also be his dream job as an assistant. Pay him more than Pearl pays him and have him come back and build the Hawks back into a power program.

If he doesn't accept, then well...

Let me list the reasons:

He is an unknown mid-major coach who is old, white,and has not recruited a midwest player in over a decade.
He also has not gotten a player in the last 5 years at least that even has an offer from a power conference school.
Sound familiar?

Recruiting is the single biggest challenge to Iowa bb, not tempo.
And we go get a guy who has not recruited top players nor even recruited in the midwest?
Gregory was a chicago native who flourished with recruiting in Illinois,Ohio,Indiana and Michigan.
Forbes has recruited all over.

If Barta thinks that all he needs is an uptempo coach to satisfy Iowa fans, he has fallen into the same thinking as last time,thinking that all he needed was a nice guy after SA...

If he gets a staff that can recruit this could be a good hire if not I'd rather see fran drescher on the sideline.I hope barta understands recruiting is the name of the game.

+1

Recruit...recruit..and recruit some more.

Mid majors coaches don't work out at BCS schools if they can bring in the talent to compete at that level.

If he can do that, I think he'll have success. Its not a bad hire as far as style of play, and head coaching experience.

The one HUGE question mark is recruiting IMHO.

Wasn't recruiting the same problem we had w/ Lick? Now we're in a questionable recruiting miasma and have to wade through the fog to see if we make it to the path or the pitfall

Let me list the reasons:

He is an unknown mid-major coach who is old, white,and has not recruited a midwest player in over a decade.
He also has not gotten a player in the last 5 years at least that even has an offer from a power conference school.
Sound familiar?

Recruiting is the single biggest challenge to Iowa bb, not tempo.
And we go get a guy who has not recruited top players nor even recruited in the midwest?
Gregory was a chicago native who flourished with recruiting in Illinois,Ohio,Indiana and Michigan.
Forbes has recruited all over.

If Barta thinks that all he needs is an uptempo coach to satisfy Iowa fans, he has fallen into the same thinking as last time,thinking that all he needed was a nice guy after SA...

This is totally ridiculous thinking. He’s from New York why would he come to the Midwest to get his players. You don’t think there are not a dozen or more players of the same type as Payne, May or Cougill there?

This is totally ridiculous thinking. He’s from New York why would he come to the Midwest to get his players. You don’t think there are not a dozen or more players of the same type as Payne, May or Cougill there?

Ok, quick, name the last east coast player at Iowa?
You actually think we are going to be able to lure top 100 type east coast players to come to Iowa City?
The whole trend in the last 5 years is midwest recruits going east to the hot conferences..Big East and ACC.
Now, Fran is going to buck that trend, and be able to do what no other Big Ten coach has pulled off...simply because he was at a mid-major school in NY? He did not get a single player with offers from a power conference school while at Siena....what makes you think he can now go in and battle Nova,UConn,Ville, and West Va. for those players now?..cus those recruits always wanted to be in Iowa? c'mon....at best we can hope he can pull in some Siena type, under the radar top 500 recruits to travel 1000 miles west...if he is going to get difference makers...it will be in the midwest..if he hires some good ,connected recruiters.

I will be shocked if Forbes is on this staff...He was intersested in running the program. As of this morning he was staying put.

He will stay until the right HC postion is offered. Otherwise he will continue to make good coin at a top school doing what he is very good at.

Can we please at least wait to see the guy at the press conference and hear what his plan is before the meltdown? Let's see if he can keep the current team/recruits in tact, who his assts are, etc.? Fran evidently pushed hard for the job according to reports, let's hear the guy out. If the Iowa admin and fans don't get behind this guy and give him every chance to be successful, we will sink even further down the totem pole (and yes that is possible). My guess is this guy knows what he is getting himself into unlike Lick did... I can't wait to hear how he is going to rebuild the Iowa program!

Can we please at least wait to see the guy at the press conference and hear what his plan is before the meltdown? Let's see if he can keep the current team/recruits in tact, who his assts are, etc.? Fran evidently pushed hard for the job according to reports, let's hear the guy out. If the Iowa admin and fans don't get behind this guy and give him every chance to be successful, we will sink even further down the totem pole (and yes that is possible). My guess is this guy knows what he is getting himself into unlike Lick did... I can't wait to hear how he is going to rebuild the Iowa program!

Otherwise known as: if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Is anyone else floored by the fact that we hired a guy whose biggest unknown is the most important factor in us ever being successful again... Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting... Here is what CHA will look like next year after this hire...

and I am very eager to see whom he hires as his assistants...whomever was going to get this job was going to have their work cut out for them bringing in players.

They certainly deserve the support from the Iowa fans as they start their program. I am sure they will get it.

I'll give him 2 years to get the program back on the right track..........as long as he doesn't act like an ***. Keep in mind "getting the program" back on track =/= NCAA tourney, it means showing visual improvement.

Latest posts