If it's McCaffery, welcome aboard

If at the press conference, I hear "I have my way of doing things that have been successful at Sienna, can't wait to see how it works with the caliber of player that Iowa attracts"... then I will be very concerned. If I hear, this my philosophy and this is how I plan on bringing in top notch talent to a BT university with new facilities, national TV contract, etc., etc., then I will be excited. Need to hear more about the "Jimmy and Joes" and less about the "Xs and Os" as some have put it. But lets give the guy a chance.

Let me list the reasons:

He is an unknown mid-major coach who is old, white,and has not recruited a midwest player in over a decade.
He also has not gotten a player in the last 5 years at least that even has an offer from a power conference school.
Sound familiar?

Recruiting is the single biggest challenge to Iowa bb, not tempo.
And we go get a guy who has not recruited top players nor even recruited in the midwest?
Gregory was a chicago native who flourished with recruiting in Illinois,Ohio,Indiana and Michigan.
Forbes has recruited all over.

If Barta thinks that all he needs is an uptempo coach to satisfy Iowa fans, he has fallen into the same thinking as last time,thinking that all he needed was a nice guy after SA...

that is IGNORANT!

Masoncity- I hear ya brother. I don't think this was a good hire unless he gets some stellar recruiters. I'm gonna get season tix for the first time in a few years just cuz I think they need us now more than ever. Ill invite ya to a game.don't give up on em

Let me list the reasons:

He is an unknown mid-major coach who is old, white,and has not recruited a midwest player in over a decade.

1. He is NOT UNKNOWN at all by those who follow college basketball. He is known as one the guys who can really coach. He has that reputation.
2. He is certainly not "old." I believe he is only 50 so certainly not old. Younger than our last coach by a few years.
3. He has recruited well for his level. Had better talent than Ohio State last year and pretty equal to Purdue this year from what I saw.

If you are going to criticize then at least try to be accurate.

50 isn't old for a HC.

This hire could go in two directions. One, Fran and Marg could fill the seats with their spirited criticism of Ed Hightower....or.....the program could continue to lose and our coach and his wife get booted from games on a regular basis. Either way things will be interesting.

Latest posts