If I'm Lazard...

I've spent as little time in Ames as possible, but enough to know that the d-bag factor is significant. The place has a "big high school" feel, including the football games. One doesn't have to make stuff up, they do a fine job making themselves look foolish on a regular basis.

I've spent as little time in Ames as possible, but enough to know that the d-bag factor is significant. The place has a "big high school" feel, including the football games. One doesn't have to make stuff up, they do a fine job making themselves look foolish on a regular basis.

Been there for the last 5 Iowa games there now and have never experienced anything bad from their fans. Quite the contrary. Now if you hang out with drunken college students, well then you get what you ask for.

Been there for the last 5 Iowa games there now and have never experienced anything bad from their fans. Quite the contrary. Now if you hang out with drunken college students, well then you get what you ask for.

I think we can give them some credit for cleaning up their act. Drummer and I were there in 1981, I've posted about this before. The most shocking behavior (including open racism) I've ever seen at a CFB game. Thought we were in rural Alabama circa 1955. But they handled this year's game week, with the double tragedies of Marble+Sash, professionally and respectfully.

I won't ever go back to Ames because of an experience I had a few years ago after the triple OT game. I was wearing my Chad Greenway jersey, minding my own business, and making haste to get back to my car to try and GTFO of Ames because of the gut-wrenching loss the Hawks had just put me through. Then out of nowhere this wasted Cyclone fan came running up to me, gets nose to nose with me and screams IOWA ******* SUCKS!!!!

I'm a grown man and I have a career that I would lose if I were to assault someone. If I lose my career that impacts my family. Considering the level of disrespect and my military background it took every ounce of strength in me to shove my hands deeper into my pockets and keep walking. I kept repeating to myself "just keep walking". On that drive home I decided I hate that town and I won't ever go back. It's not worth the risk. If something like that happened to me again I'd probably lose it.

The linked quote does not say or even imply he "celebrated" a serious injury to Tate.

I'd say the douchenozzle is you, for mischaracterizing his quote.

"Most memorable game...Drew Tate threw and interception...got knocked out..."

How many people recall as their most memorable game one where the focus is on a player sustaining an injury? He also chuckles after he relates the account. Doesn't chuckling usually mean that someone think something is funny?

If there is a douchenozzle, it's YOU.

"Most memorable game...Drew Tate threw and interception...got knocked out..."

How many people recall as their most memorable game one where the focus is on a player sustaining an injury? He also chuckles after he relates the account. Doesn't chuckling usually mean that someone think something is funny?

If there is a douchenozzle, it's YOU.

I know a bit about Billso... he's no douchenozzle. He does make an effort to be evenhanded (which I think he did in this case). I may disagree with him on the interpretation of the quote...but I think he's being reasonable in that he's trying to prevent folks on this board from slipping into clone-like exaggerations.

Just my take.

I think we can give them some credit for cleaning up their act. Drummer and I were there in 1981, I've posted about this before. The most shocking behavior (including open racism) I've ever seen at a CFB game. Thought we were in rural Alabama circa 1955. But they handled this year's game week, with the double tragedies of Marble+Sash, professionally and respectfully.

The game you refer to was only surpassed...in my experience...by the debauchery in the dessert @ Arizona in 2010. That was unbelievable.

I guess I am different than you. I want ISU to lose 1 or 2 games and that would be when playing Iowa and UNI if they happen to play them in any given year. Other than that, I'd like to see them win out because it helps Iowa's strength of schedule and is good for the state of Iowa and would make the game we play against them all that more meaningful and interesting. There are a good number of Iowa kids on the team. I would never want a team from Texas or Oklahoma over a team from the state of Iowa. You may like the Long Horns or Sooners more, but not me.

LOL were you there when Lazard was 8 or 9 years old to observe his reaction at that game? I'm sure he celebrated the interception along with every other ISU fan as an Iowa fan would if the role was reversed. He didn't state he celebrated Tate getting injured. That is just BS 4th grade crap.

Defend him if you want. I won't. I've watched that video enough times to come to the conclusion that the crux of his memorable moment was the not the interception - it was the "knocking out" of Drew Tate. And even though I certainly can't prove it, I strongly believe that he was the integral part in creating the storm about Kirk (Lou Holtz) Ferentz blowing the Lizard's phone up in a last ditch effort to recruit him. If I was recruited by an FBS or FCS school, I certainly would not have any negative feelings toward them. I'd be happy they wanted me. I think Lazard grew up in an atmosphere of intense dislike of the University of Iowa. It shows. Iowa's only crime was trying to recruit him to be a Hawkeye. Let him stay with a 2-3 annual wins program.

The game you refer to was only surpassed...in my experience...by the debauchery in the dessert @ Arizona in 2010. That was unbelievable.

I totally love that word "debauchery", and the entire phrase: "Debauchery in the desert.." Best description of that game I ever heard. Isn't that the game where Mike Stoops went psycho on the sideline all night?

Defend him if you want. I won't. I've watched that video enough times to come to the conclusion that the crux of his memorable moment was the not the interception - it was the "knocking out" of Drew Tate. And even though I certainly can't prove it, I strongly believe that he was the integral part in creating the storm about Kirk (Lou Holtz) Ferentz blowing the Lizard's phone up in a last ditch effort to recruit him. If I was recruited by an FBS or FCS school, I certainly would not have any negative feelings toward them. I'd be happy they wanted me. I think Lazard grew up in an atmosphere of intense dislike of the University of Iowa. It shows. Iowa's only crime was trying to recruit him to be a Hawkeye. Let him stay with a 2-3 annual wins program.

Yeah that storm about the last minute recruiting was such a scandal. Who cares? You don't think that doesn't go on everywhere you are crazy. It just rocked the nation.

Bold proclamation with 10 picks left to go.
I actually posted it after I saw the last pick made. I'm the guy that would post it with 10 picks left, jinx it, and have Lizard get picked with 9 picks left. It wasn't supposed to be a prediction, just a shot at what could possibly be the biggest asshat of all of the Clown asshats that visit here.

I actually posted it after I saw the last pick made. I'm the guy that would post it with 10 picks left, jinx it, and have Lizard get picked with 9 picks left. It wasn't supposed to be a prediction, just a shot at what could possibly be the biggest asshat of all of the Clown asshats that visit here.

Understandable.

Latest posts