If I'm Lazard...

Funny that there is so much hate for ISU on here. If you think about it ISU has been terrible for the past three seasons. The only games that they have won or have been competitive in for the most part are the FCS games ... and Iowa. Hard to argue that the B1G is a powerhouse conference when Iowa is the top team there but is still tied with ISU with a couple of minutes to play. Time for Iowa teams to support each other.

Couldn't you say the same thing about TCU? Beating a bottom dwelling B1G team in Minnesota who was shut out by Northwestern?

It isn't hatred toward ISU really, it is just being tired of the stupidity of ISU fans. I mean when the majority of them (including you) think that somehow a team that has won 7 games over the last 3 years is somehow going to compete in ANY conference is just beyond stupid.

ISU couldn't win more than 2 games in the Big12, ACC, B1G, SEC or Pac12.

ISU couldn't win the American Athletic conference (Houston, Memphis, Temple, E. Carolina and S. Florida) are all way better than ISU.

ISU couldn't win Conference USA (La Tech, W. Kentucky, and Marshall) are all better than ISU.

ISU certainly couldn't win the MAC (Toledo obviously, W. Michigan, Bowling Green, and probably a couple others) are all better than ISU

ISU couldn't win the Mountain West (Utah St., Boise St., San Diego St.) are all better than ISU

ISU couldn't win the Sunbelt (Georgia St., Appy St., Arkansas St.) are all better than ISU

So you are mistaking hatred of stupid people as hatred of a team. I kind of pity the ISU team, but I hate stupid, ignorant ISU fan.

Last edited:
I'm good. Didn't want to be a Hawk at all.

The guy is a total jerk. I would not want him representing the University of Iowa. First, he's a liar - making up stories that Ferentz was feverishly trying to recruit him at the last minute by making some ridiculous number of phone calls to the jerk in a week's time. That led to "Little Paul" getting on his soapbox and crowing about recruiting the "Lizard." Then, when asked what his favorite experience was as a young Clown fan in the stands watching Clown games, he stated that it was when Drew Tate sustained a concussion in a game at Ames after he had thrown an interception and tried to tackle the defensive back who had intercepted it. Really a class guy...

My response to the "Lizard" is this: Hahahahahahahahaha!

What a disaster scenario. If he would decide to transfer, it sure the hell wouldn't be Iowa. GO FIGURE....

Couldn't you say the same thing about TCU? Beating a bottom dwelling B1G team in Minnesota who was shut out by Northwestern?

It isn't hatred toward ISU really, it is just being tired of the stupidity of ISU fans. I mean when the majority of them (including you) think that somehow a team that has won 7 games over the last 3 years is somehow going to compete in ANY conference is just beyond stupid.

ISU couldn't win more than 2 games in the Big12, ACC, B1G, SEC or Pac12.

ISU couldn't win the American Athletic conference (Houston, Memphis, Temple, E. Carolina and S. Florida) are all way better than ISU.

ISU couldn't win Conference USA (La Tech, W. Kentucky, and Marshall) are all better than ISU.

ISU certainly couldn't win the MAC (Toledo obviously, W. Michigan, Bowling Green, and probably a couple others) are all better than ISU

ISU couldn't win the Mountain West (Utah St., Boise St., San Diego St.) are all better than ISU

ISU couldn't win the Sunbelt (Georgia St., Appy St., Arkansas St.) are all better than ISU

So you are mistaking hatred of stupid people as hatred of a team. I kind of pity the ISU team, but I hate stupid, ignorant ISU fan.

To be fair, they could probably win the Sunbelt, or at least contend...

The guy is a total jerk. I would not want him representing the University of Iowa. First, he's a liar - making up stories that Ferentz was feverishly trying to recruit him at the last minute by making some ridiculous number of phone calls to the jerk in a week's time. That led to "Little Paul" getting on his soapbox and crowing about recruiting the "Lizard." Then, when asked what his favorite experience was as a young Clown fan in the stands watching Clown games, he stated that it was when Drew Tate sustained a concussion in a game at Ames after he had thrown an interception and tried to tackle the defensive back who had intercepted it. Really a class guy...

He actually said this? Wow...what a douchenozzle.

He actually said this? Wow...what a douchenozzle.

Yeah if that's actually something he said, then that'll make watching him rot on a bottom dwelling team that much more enjoyable. It'll be that much sweeter when his favorite pwoud coach gets canned. He can thank his family for brainwashing him into going to that school up north. A school where he'll never experience a bowl trip, never be ranked and never be in contention for anything significant. His favorite pwoud school up north is probably costing him money too when it comes draft time. If he'd gone to a school like ND, he'd be on his way to being a household name if not already. Seriously, if the kid's favorite memory is someone getting a concussion, I'm glad he chose the clowns....a school he deserves.

Can you provide a link to that quote from him?

Can you provide a link to that quote from him?

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/isus-lazard-series-about-bragging-rights-20150907

But the moment that stands out was in the 2005 game when ISU shocked No. 8 Iowa 23-3.

“Honestly, when I was little I remembered when Iowa played here ... when (Iowa quarterback) Drew Tate threw an interception and tried to make a tackle and got knocked down out,â€￾ Lazard said. “That was probably the biggest.â€￾

Funny that there is so much hate for ISU on here. If you think about it ISU has been terrible for the past three seasons. The only games that they have won or have been competitive in for the most part are the FCS games ... and Iowa. Hard to argue that the B1G is a powerhouse conference when Iowa is the top team there but is still tied with ISU with a couple of minutes to play. Time for Iowa teams to support each other.

I don't hate your school or program. I don't care about them. I have friends that went there, and hope they do well for their sake.

But, you're saying that because your team had a slight chance to upset iowa (if only they could have managed more than 30 yards in the second half), the number 12 team in the nation AND THEIR CONFERENCE (home of defending national champ and current number 1 team, as well as another top 5 team) can't be good? Embarrassingly dumb assertion.

I'm OK with the rest of your post. Sadly, the bolded makes it difficult to do much but laugh at you, and the fan base you showed up to represent.

If you truly seek solutions, start by not being part of the problem.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/isus-lazard-series-about-bragging-rights-20150907

But the moment that stands out was in the 2005 game when ISU shocked No. 8 Iowa 23-3.

“Honestly, when I was little I remembered when Iowa played here ... when (Iowa quarterback) Drew Tate threw an interception and tried to make a tackle and got knocked down out,â€￾ Lazard said. “That was probably the biggest.â€￾

Not like he said he celebrated Drew Tate getting knocked out. He would have been like 9 years old. Like we don't remember big hits Iowa puts on players (see Tim Dwight, Bob Sanders, Pat Angerer)? C'mon it's football and fans love big hits. We love that Drew Tate tried to tackle the guy. That was Tate the competitor.

A fan - no matter what the age - doesn't celebrate a serious injury to an opponent. Period. Quit defending the *******. Also, do you really believe that Kirk Ferentz WAS blowing up the Lizard's phone after really committed? That is an absolute falsehood and a smear against Coach Ferentz. When told of Lazard's/Rhoades remarks, he sounded perplexed and essentially denied it. Make no mistake - Iowa State IS the enemy. I grant him no slack at all. No Iowa fan should EVER cheer for Iowa State in anything... They sure as hell don't cheer for Iowa, or at least darned few do..

Have you seen CyFan lately? Everything is F*** Iowa, We almost beat Iowa, We would win the Big 10 West, F*** Iowa, Iowa is no better than they were last year, The Big 10 is S***, F*** Iowa, and so on and so on... There was a thread on how Iowa State would do if they played in the Big 10 (with the consensus being that while they wouldn't be undefeated with Iowa's schedule, they would be bowling this year) that started on Saturday and had 27 pages by the time I read it Monday evening. I'll admit that I root for Iowa State unless they are playing Iowa, but there are so many, let's call them "low information football fans", on that board that my opinion of Iowa State may be changing toward the negative.

For those who don't believe the quote.... http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/isus-lazard-series-about-bragging-rights-20150907

A fan - no matter what the age - doesn't celebrate a serious injury to an opponent. Period. Quit defending the *******.

The linked quote does not say or even imply he "celebrated" a serious injury to Tate.

I'd say the douchenozzle is you, for mischaracterizing his quote.

A fan - no matter what the age - doesn't celebrate a serious injury to an opponent. Period. Quit defending the *******. Also, do you really believe that Kirk Ferentz WAS blowing up the Lizard's phone after really committed? That is an absolute falsehood and a smear against Coach Ferentz. When told of Lazard's/Rhoades remarks, he sounded perplexed and essentially denied it. Make no mistake - Iowa State IS the enemy. I grant him no slack at all. No Iowa fan should EVER cheer for Iowa State in anything... They sure as hell don't cheer for Iowa, or at least darned few do..

I guess I am different than you. I want ISU to lose 1 or 2 games and that would be when playing Iowa and UNI if they happen to play them in any given year. Other than that, I'd like to see them win out because it helps Iowa's strength of schedule and is good for the state of Iowa and would make the game we play against them all that more meaningful and interesting. There are a good number of Iowa kids on the team. I would never want a team from Texas or Oklahoma over a team from the state of Iowa. You may like the Long Horns or Sooners more, but not me.

LOL were you there when Lazard was 8 or 9 years old to observe his reaction at that game? I'm sure he celebrated the interception along with every other ISU fan as an Iowa fan would if the role was reversed. He didn't state he celebrated Tate getting injured. That is just BS 4th grade crap.

Latest posts