If I'm Lazard...

Lazard is a legacy, and an example of how some parents don't have the best interest of their children in mind.

Lazard isn't clairvoyant. Neither is Willies. When Lazard was recruited and while Willies played, Iowa still had the phone booth offense with the throw to intermediate routes type of passing game where blocking downfield was at least as important as catching. Why would Lazard come to a team that wouldn't have shown his skills? Come to think of it, why did Willies come to Iowa knowing his skills wouldn't have been shown?

Just maybe because of Willies (and Tennessee), as examples, Iowa finally saw the light on offense? Can't we just say hallelujah to that?

Last edited:
Lazard is a legacy, and an example of how some parents don't have the best interest of their children in mind.

I'm not going to kill the kid for the legacy angle. Go to a school where your father went; right up the street from where you live, with the idea of being a difference maker........I understand his rationale for picking ISU.

Normally in this situation I would laugh and think nothing of the situation but I've been around this kid very briefly when he was in high school. He seemed like a very well mannered and nice enough kid I instantly wanted to root for him.

I'm kind of sad at the situation. I never thought he should go to Iowa either but he certainly had better opps and is a talent so he'd see the field about anywhere and I would imagine playing for a winning program would be much.more fun.

From everything I have heard he is a really good kid. He will probably not even play in a bowl game. I know a lot of Cyclone fans have hope in Lanning, but next year will be a lot of growing pains, especially if Rhoads is fired because he will have to learn a new system. Best case scenario, lower tier bowl in 2017, help the new coach and young QB jump start the program on your way out the door.

the kid chose ISU over Stanford...Notre Dame...and others. He deserves what he gets.

There's no delusion...like clone delusion.

Last edited:
That moron already turned down Stanford, Notre Dame, and Iowa to play Pwoudball. You really think he possesses sound judgment?
This thread is way too harsh. Leave the kid alone. Was Gatens a moron for choosing Iowa and sticking with them?

HE COULD HAVE GONE TO STANFORD!!!

#parentingfail

A Stanford degree opens a lot of doors. Ex-athlete with a Stanford degree probably opens many more doors. Not every 17 year old sees the big picture no matter what their parents are telling them.

Lazard isn't clairvoyant. Neither is Willies. When Lazard was recruited and while Willies played, Iowa still had the phone booth offense with the throw to intermediate routes type of passing game where blocking downfield was at least as important as catching. Why would Lazard come to a team that wouldn't have shown his skills? Come to think of it, why did Willies come to Iowa knowing his skills wouldn't have been shown?

Just maybe because of Willies (and Tennessee), as examples, Iowa finally saw the light on offense? Can't we just say hallelujah to that?

If you'd actually read the thread you'd notice no one is claiming his biggest mistake was not coming to Iowa. He had a lot of other options. Iowa, ND, and Stanford all would have been much better choices (all currently ranked and playing for more than pride). It's the fact he stuck with ISU that's being critiqued. Poor kid probably isn't even going to experience a bowl game, and if he does it will be in some shithole town like Detroit.

I think he made a poor choice but at the same time he's far and away the best offensive weapon isu has and will be a 4 year starter. He's basically a man amongst boys out there and will easily get his NFL shot.

I would hate always losing and never playing in a bowl game but if he goes to the nfl I'm sure he wouldn't care

For all we know the kid is totally happy at ISU. He's playing for the school he always dreamed of playing for, right? Legacy Recruit, blah blah blah

At the very least he has to live with his choice, and I hope it was completely his choice and not influenced by an adult who wanted to relive their youth through him.

For all we know the kid is totally happy at ISU. He's playing for the school he always dreamed of playing for, right? Legacy Recruit, blah blah blah

At the very least he has to live with his choice, and I hope it was completely his choice and not influenced by an adult who wanted to relive their youth through him.

Well he's playing D1 football. He's a star on campus. I have no doubt the kid is probably happy as a clam. He should be even if he is playing for a crappy team. I guess it's just a matter of perspective. It's not like he is suffering. He is experiencing something pretty cool. However, he could have taken that "cool" to the next level at a school where he could have been a part of something special. Instead his D1 football experience is going to consist of losing over and over again.

My bad, totally forgot he was already a sophomore, time flies.

Yeah, one would figure no matter how much of a star you are it would get real old real fast knowing you are always going to be stuck on a crappy team.

Yeah, could have gone to Stanford, Notre Dame, among others? He clearly was not thinking clearly.

Why do people keep saying the B12 is good? Where's the proof? 4-5 v. P5 conferences, with their best win being TCU by 6 over Minny. Baylor SOS is rated #105 in the country! Overrated, cupcake conference whose winner should be left out of the playoff again.

What is Baylor's best OOC win during their recent run? That's a seriously hard question to answer. A 5 loss UCLA team in 2012 probably?

I'm not going to beat up on a kid for the college he picks. In the grand scheme of things for a highly ranked player to stay at his in state school they can do very well after college. If Lazard never plays a down of NFL football, he can always move to Des Moines and make 6 figures from jump street. Plus if you wanna beat up on him for passing on Stanford or ND, we have a couple of our own that passed on them as well.

What is Baylor's best OOC win during their recent run? That's a seriously hard question to answer. A 5 loss UCLA team in 2012 probably?

Baylor's schedule is a joke, because the Big12 sucks. They will play TCU to decide who wins the Big12, the rest is a cake walk.

I have said it numerous times, having Baylor and TCU as your flagships of your conference is a joke. That would be like Purdue/Indiana, and a newly admitted Northern Illinois dominating the the B1G.

Baylor's schedule is a joke, because the Big12 sucks. They will play TCU to decide who wins the Big12, the rest is a cake walk.

I have said it numerous times, having Baylor and TCU as your flagships of your conference is a joke. That would be like Purdue/Indiana, and a newly admitted Northern Illinois dominating the the B1G.

I can only imagine what you said in 1981: "Iowa, that nobody as the big ten flagship in the Rose Bowl? What a joke!" You're such a HATER. ROTFLMAO.

Lazard has already played a year last year and this year will be his second year. If he transfers he losses a year IIRC so he would only have 1 year left to play.

It would be stupid to transfer.

He just has to hope they have a great passing game so he can showcase his talents.

he has a redshirt year

I can only imagine what you said in 1981: "Iowa, that nobody as the big ten flagship in the Rose Bowl? What a joke!" You're such a HATER. ROTFLMAO.

Ohs nos did this offend you? When OSU and Michigan are down, it hurts the overall perception of the B1G. When you have a former non P5 team dominating your conference then your conference is a joke.

Latest posts