If I'm Lazard...

He had his shot. Iowa has good receivers. He has to know in his heart that he screwed up. Jumped on a ship just as it was sinking.

The one who should be crying is Willies! He left just before the party started!

But Willies is tearing it up at a Juco playing basketball right? I've seen some of those scores. Man, he could have been Jerry Rice...or at least Jerry Curl.

Why do people keep saying the B12 is good? Where's the proof? 4-5 v. P5 conferences, with their best win being TCU by 6 over Minny. Baylor SOS is rated #105 in the country! Overrated, cupcake conference whose winner should be left out of the playoff again.
All. OF. THIS! I don't see it either. B12 is garbage.

This thread is way too harsh. Leave the kid alone. Was Gatens a moron for choosing Iowa and sticking with them?

Did Gatens have offers from Kentucky, Duke, Michigan State, etc? Honest question because I don't know, but that'd be the best comparison.

Gatens was highly rated but I don't think he had the same level of offers as Lazard.

Gattens committed to Alford durring the Horner / Bru / Huluska years. that is in no way comparable to the garbage that is always has been and always will be the ISU football program.

i would have had no problem with Gattens jumping ship on Lick, that guy was a nightmare.

I think he made a poor choice but at the same time he's far and away the best offensive weapon isu has and will be a 4 year starter. He's basically a man amongst boys out there and will easily get his NFL shot.

I would hate always losing and never playing in a bowl game but if he goes to the nfl I'm sure he wouldn't care
He might not regret it now but when he gets to the pros and he hears others talking about their bowl games and conference championship games he might regret it then. He probably has heard of the gifts players get and would probably like that also. Of course if he has money that wouldn't be an issue. His parents wanting him to go ti ISU and having a brother playing there probably had a large influence on him.

I believe Tim Dwight turned down a Stanford offer.

Stanford was nothing to write home about at that point. From 1995 - 1998, the years Dwight was in High School, Stanford was 22-23-1 with a 1-1 Bowl record. Not exactly setting the world on fire.

Conversely, during that same period of time, Iowa was 27-20 with a 2-1 Bowl record.

Maybe he wanted to go to a team where he thought he'd have a chance to be the best WR, QB, TE, LB, CB, SS, FS, P, and K on the roster. If only he could throw the ball to himself and then play on the defensive side of the ball they might be able to compete. Oh and coach. He's probably their best coach too. That depth chart would be classic.

It's actually pretty admirable that he chose the team he grew up rooting for and stayed loyal to ISU. Maybe they get a new guy in there who helps them somehow get to a bowl game at least one of his last two years.

Baylor's schedule is a joke, because the Big12 sucks. They will play TCU to decide who wins the Big12, the rest is a cake walk.

I have said it numerous times, having Baylor and TCU as your flagships of your conference is a joke. That would be like Purdue/Indiana, and a newly admitted Northern Illinois dominating the the B1G.

Oklahoma will give them both a run.

No doubt Lazard goes pro regardless. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves after his junior year, especially with Rhodes getting booted. It's not often you see a kid that good stay loyal to a school that bad. I could only imagine what him and Beathard could do together had he chose Iowa.

Oklahoma will give them both a run.

I attended the ISU game saturday night with my wife (she being the ISU grad and fan). I went because a happy wife means a happy life. And I just like college football and it was TCU they were playing. I am a Hawk all the way and my wife knows that and had gone to the Iowa games at Madison and Ames but didn't travel to Evanston. I did cheer for the Clones in this one. I would never want a Texas team to beat a team with Iowa kids on it no matter who the team was. Lazard is for real that is for sure. I too admire him for playing for the team he liked as a young kid and its his hometown. Lots to like about that.

TCU will be dangerous if they ever start playing defense. If I played defense on their team I would be embarrassed. I too believe either Okie State or Oklahoma will have put TCU in their place once they play. I'd bet Oklahoma will for sure as at least they still play defense. A good aggressive hard hitting defense that knocks receivers off their timing and puts the wood to the QB if he runs will do just fine against TCU.

We had 5 TCU fans sitting in front of us and while they were very polite, it was tiresome hearing them say "Go Frogs". Go Frogs ?!?!??!?!? Only local kids could ever possibly want to grow up and be a frog. Their mascot is the most hideous looking mascot I have ever seen. They didn't bring a great deal of folks to the game either. Not a large contingent of TCU fans in Ames. Stadium was pretty loud in the 1st half. Many left by the middle of 3rd quarter or so though. We stayed til the end as I always do for the Iowa games.

Paul Rhodes will almost certainly be gone after this season if not before. Have no idea why he didn't play the kid from Ankeny who played one series at QB and chucked a bomb to Lazard for a TD. What the heck is there to lose.

When Paul was asked why Lanning rode the pine after throwing a 74 yard touchdown to Lazard he was quoted as saying "That'll be part of our Sunday analysis" HUH? He has to check to the tape to know why he didn't play Lanning. What, like he forgot and is going to have to get back to us on that? What'll be funny is when Rhodes releases a depth chart at the end of the season putting Lanning as the starter after Richardson finishes his career with 1 conference win.

When Paul was asked why Lanning rode the pine after throwing a 74 yard touchdown to Lazard he was quoted as saying "That'll be part of our Sunday analysis" HUH? He has to check to the tape to know why he didn't play Lanning. What, like he forgot and is going to have to get back to us on that? What'll be funny is when Rhodes releases a depth chart at the end of the season putting Lanning as the starter after Richardson finishes his career with 1 conference win.

Yeah. There is some old Kirk on display with Rhodes. Even though their season is sunk basically he is sticking with a QB who is done after this year. Why not start the future now and mix in Lanning a lot more and get him game time in tough games. How can you feel sorry for Richardson as he has had his chance and they should be looking to the future. I totally didn't get why Rhodes would say that. The kid had one series (which was two plays) and he threw a real good pass to Lazard for a TD. And Paul says he doesn't know why he didn't try another series with him? Reminds me of the year no one got a snap but Vandenberg for the Hawks.

He will still make it to the NFL. It is hard to argue that the B1G is better than the Big 12.

Funny how people say that every year about the Big 12 in Basketball too. Then the NCAA tourney comes around and "Poof" the Big 12 is gone,.

Baylor = Paper tiger with a ***** schedule. If Baylor wants to be considered one of the elite programs, schedule somebody better than Rice, Lamar, Buffalo, SMU, Woffard and Louisianna Monroe.

TCU struggled to beat Minnesota.
Okie State has played a weak schedule (far weaker than Iowa)
Oklahoma lost to Texas (enough said)

ISU and Kansas are two of the worst teams in the country.
K-State, West Virginia and Texas Tech are average.

I'll take the top 4 in the Big 10 over the top 4 in the Big 12, any day.

Personally, I think you have to respect Lazard. He chose the team that he grew up rooting for (and a chance to make them better) over better teams that might have gotten him drafted higher.

He seems like a good kid and looks like the real deal out on the field. It isn't his fault that ISU is struggling. It isn't like he can pass the ball to himself. I think he'll get his shot in the NFL, even if he does end up getting drafted in the later rounds because ISU just sucks.

I do think that PR is living on borrowed time. He might get one more year, at most. Wouldn't be surprising at all if they dump him at the end of the season.

Funny that there is so much hate for ISU on here. If you think about it ISU has been terrible for the past three seasons. The only games that they have won or have been competitive in for the most part are the FCS games ... and Iowa. Hard to argue that the B1G is a powerhouse conference when Iowa is the top team there but is still tied with ISU with a couple of minutes to play. Time for Iowa teams to support each other.

Funny that there is so much hate for ISU on here. If you think about it ISU has been terrible for the past three seasons. The only games that they have won or have been competitive in for the most part are the FCS games ... and Iowa. Hard to argue that the B1G is a powerhouse conference when Iowa is the top team there but is still tied with ISU with a couple of minutes to play. Time for Iowa teams to support each other.

Thank you. For as much **** as this entire state takes as a whole, I will always go for Iowa against OSU, Mich, etc.

Latest posts