IF Ferentz did leave. . . who would we realistically have for a HC?

In the event that Norm were to step down, I really wish there was a way to get Mark Stoops to replace him, as he's my first choice to replacing Ferentz one day. But no way he comes to Iowa to take the same job as what he has at FSU. FSU is a better gig.

Everyone is talking about getting rid of Kirk Ferentz. Last time people complained like this we got rid of Fry and ended up with Kirk. IF Ferentz leaves either on his own or because he is forced out, who would we replace him with.

Bielema or Bob Stoops would obviously be on people's wish list, but they are not going to leave the programs they are running right now to come to IC.

So who do we realistically end up with? Mike Stoops? An FCSer? Would you want someone who is going to come and run the pro style except hopefully better, or would you wanna see a complete overhaul that would take years to recruit the personnel for?

No one with a good track record thats who. Best you could hope for is probably McCarney.

We should hire the rotting corpse of Ronald Reagan.
"It's morning in Iowa City!!"

When did Miami and Florida St go through multiple coaches? Florida St just got rid of Bowden who had dragged the program down during his last decade there. Miami went from Schellenberger to Johnson to Erickson to Davis to Coker with all of the coaches except for Davis winning a national title and Davis just left Coker with the greatest collection of talent of any college team in the last 50 years. Not to mention Miami has nowhere near the financial resources that we have and play in an off campus stadium and have a very small fan base.

We have a huge football budget we will be able to afford a quality coach when Ferentz needs to be replaced.

Miami has more fans than iowa. According to studies, they are the 14th most popular team (most fans) in college football. I believe iowa is 15th.

Miami has more fans than iowa. According to studies, they are the 14th most popular team (most fans) in college football. I believe iowa is 15th.

Link?

And again bandwagon fans don't mean ****. We're talking about fans that attend games or donate money. That's the fan base which counts.

We should definitely hire the Guy on a Buffalo as our new HC.

Again, TV fans are irrelevant in this discussion. That's only relevant in terms of realignment. That link does nothing to disprove his theory that Iowa has more fans who actually attend games, and that the athletic department here receive more in donations from its fans/boosters/alumni. Which is what really matter in this particular discussion.

Correct.

Latest posts