IF Ferentz did leave. . . who would we realistically have for a HC?

SamBrownlee48

Everyone is talking about getting rid of Kirk Ferentz. Last time people complained like this we got rid of Fry and ended up with Kirk. IF Ferentz leaves either on his own or because he is forced out, who would we replace him with.

Bielema or Bob Stoops would obviously be on people's wish list, but they are not going to leave the programs they are running right now to come to IC.

So who do we realistically end up with? Mike Stoops? An FCSer? Would you want someone who is going to come and run the pro style except hopefully better, or would you wanna see a complete overhaul that would take years to recruit the personnel for?

You can get Bob Stoops out of head right now that train left the station years ago. Theyll probaly give it to Norm so he could coach them from home while watching it on TV and using the nations fastest 4G. Here are a few names Id liek to see.

Brent Venables D-CoR Oklahoma- great recruiter, aggressive, been at winning program

Mark Stoops D-COR Fla ST- Iowans infatuated with the name, great recruiter

Kevin Sumlin HC- Houston- Winner, aggressive, Hopefully would be able to bring in talent.

Bret Bielma HC Wisconsin- We all know his resume

Who ever coaches North Dakota St and Uinversity of South Dakota they know how to beat Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is talking about getting rid of Kirk Ferentz. Last time people complained like this we got rid of Fry and ended up with Kirk. IF Ferentz leaves either on his own or because he is forced out, who would we replace him with.

Bielema or Bob Stoops would obviously be on people's wish list, but they are not going to leave the programs they are running right now to come to IC.

So who do we realistically end up with? Mike Stoops? An FCSer? Would you want someone who is going to come and run the pro style except hopefully better, or would you wanna see a complete overhaul that would take years to recruit the personnel for?

Whether we would want him or not, not withstanding, there are about 2,000,000 reasons why Biels would gladly take the move to Iowa.

Plus then he can wear shorts on the sideline.

After the bigger name guys (Bielema, Stoopsx3, Mike Leach, Urban Meyer, etc.), Jim Leavitt would be a guy that I would find intriguing. I don't know if what went down at USF has black balled him or not, but he can coach. I'm a firm believer in second chances, and I think he would be willing to consider the job and consider a healthy pay cut (relative to what KF is making).

I realy like the idea of Mark Stoops. Although, he doesn't have any really good HC experience.

Jim Leavitt would be interesting, but I'd be really surprised if Barta took that gamble considering the way he left South Florida.

If we have a shot at any big names, it would be Bielema. But realistically, Wisky can match us dollar for dollar if they want to, and the last few years of recruiting should have convinced Bret that it is easier to convince guys to come to Madison than it is to come to IC.

There is a ton of talented guys out there just waiting for a shot at being a HC, we would have no problem getting a great coach.

Realistically, Barta would high a HC from the MAC or another mid-major school at a bargin price.

If he spent KF money, that list opens up to HCs at BCS school with low to mid level prestige. Basically head coaches from schools that are Iowa's equal or lower.

If he spent 6-7 million, which he could do comfortably within Iowa's budget, anything goes outside of Kiffin, Stoops, Saban, Miles, Meyer, Gundy, & NFL coaches, current or former.

I would throw a ton of money at Phillip Fulmer. Call me crazy but he is one of the best recruiters in the history of game. TN was a power all those years because he could recruit on a nation level. He would bring a new level of athleticism to Iowa.

If we make a move, we better do it quick because I don't know if O'Keefe would want to be the head man for much more than a decade at his age.

I would throw a ton of money at Phillip Fulmer. Call me crazy but he is one of the best recruiters in the history of game. TN was a power all those years because he could recruit on a nation level. He would bring a new level of athleticism to Iowa.

i'll call you crazy, you asked for it. ;)

if he leaves we will go through the same thing we've seen in basketball, couple coaches over ten years, some very very very bad seasons, and maybe, 10-15 years from now we will find another coach to take us to BCS games, maybe. Yesterday, not a good day, but if he leaves you will REALLY see a bad program...

I don't see why we cant throw 3-4 million out and get just about anybody we want. Realistically though, Ferentz stays since his buyout is huge I'm sure and we get coordinators that have great gameplans and can change things if they aren't working (not keep doing the same things for the last 30 years). Ferentz lets them do what they want.

Latest posts