Iconic image for Hoiberg's basketball program?

tweeterhawk

Through the decades there have been photos that have come to be so readily recognizable that they become the defining images of certain events or places in time: raising of the flag at Iwo Jima, the sailor kissing the woman in Times Square on V-J Day, smoke and flames billowing out of the World Trade Center towers, the Old Capitol dome in Iowa City.

The photo of Bryce Dejean-Jones in handcuffs as he was led to court wearing an Iowa State basketball sweatshirt cannot have been the kind of image Fred Hoiberg wanted to represent his nationally-ranked basketball program. And yet outside of Cyclone fanatic nation, it is a mental picture that some people hold of a program that seems to attract players who have left other teams for one reason or another. Will there be PR, or recruiting, fall-out from this image?

10845948_10202732007492004_6232354352023727736_n.jpg

Sure doesn't look good, but it will never be as impactful to recruiting as his success or this picture:

fred-hoiberg-iowa-st-b12-tourney.png

How does armpit stains help recruiting?

I know it might be tough for you to recognize it, but that is a championship trophy he is holding up. I think that was the part of the picture he was referring to when he said it was a good recruiting tool. Who knows though... You are probably correct

I know it might be tough for you to recognize it, but that is a championship trophy he is holding up. I think that was the part of the picture he was referring to when he said it was a good recruiting tool. Who knows though... You are probably correct
:confused::confused::p:p:p:p:confused::eek::eek::eek::eek::p:p:p:confused:

Sure doesn't look good, but it will never be as impactful to recruiting as his success or this picture:

I think most would admit that Fred is an above-average looking fella, but, man, does he look like a goof in that hat.

Look guy, we saw Steve Alford win a bunch of B10 titles around here. Winning one is nothing to get too excited about.

I think ISU should show their incoming transfers (recruits) the amount of former Cyclone players they currently have in the NBA. It has to be a bunch after powerhouse all-world players Royce White and Melvin Ejim went through their storied basketball program...oh wait...

Thank you Mr. Obvious! lol.

This kind of sucks. I was looking forward to watching him play tonight and Iowa beating them with him. He sounds quite good.

I think ISU should show their incoming transfers (recruits) the amount of former Cyclone players they currently have in the NBA. It has to be a bunch after powerhouse all-world players Royce White and Melvin Ejim went through their storied basketball program...oh wait...

DeAndre Kane would be an All-Star if the NBA didn't blackball him for being too old!

I dislike the Clowns. That said, Fred seems like a great guy and he's a doing an amazing job. My guess is that he could have most any job he wants with a few exceptions, both in college and the pros. Go Hawks!

I dislike the Clowns. That said, Fred seems like a great guy and he's a doing an amazing job. My guess is that he could have most any job he wants with a few exceptions, both in college and the pros. Go Hawks!

I'm not sure many would disagree that he's a great coach, but I completely disagree with the whole transfer program they have going on. It's almost turning college basketball into free agency. I also disagree with the 1-and-done schools like Kentucky. I'd like to see more of a college baseball approach where you can either go pro right out of high school or you must stay in college for 3 years. Unfortunately it's mostly the NBA that's at fault here.

Latest posts