I will admit it...

Uh...I have a job. Can't be on here 24/7. His record would depend on how long he's coaching, I'd say. I think he's going to find that Paul Rhoads is a very worthy adversary. So his record, in my estimation, is likely to hover around .500.

I also agree that Paul Rhoads will be a very good coach, & more importantly, a dedicated coach to Iowa State. This will be very important moving forward for the IA State program. I personally want them to get going in the correct direction.

I don't know if KF's record will blow away IA St as I'm not sure KF will be around long enough. That will be the only reason.

If he did stick around another decade or so, I'm certain he would surpass it. The main reason would be because of the stability & health of the program & stability of the conference they are in. The stability of the program cannot be overlooked & this would be the deciding factor IMO.

I like having two BCS schools in the state. It sets us apart from many others. Iowa is doing just fine sharing the BCS spotlight. The state of Iowa is not a huge HS football recruiting hot-bed anyway & the success is going to be picking up the quality players from other states. Yes, there are 2-3 studs a year from the state, but the demise of the college program is not going to be from not getting them. Remember how much fun the 2002 game was with IA St. I even liked watching them play the opening night game with Florida St in 2003, I believe. All that attention is good for the state of Iowa if IA St is able to get back to that level with Rhoads.

Last edited:
I have to admit while it might be good for the state of Iowa to have 2 BCS schools I thought it would be a huge recruiting advantage for Iowa to be the only BCS school in the state. Honestly there is only room in the state for 1 BCS school and I would think any revenue ISU would have lost would be made up at Iowa anyway. Yes ISU has every right to prosper as a BCS school as much as Iowa does but you cannot tell me any ISU fans would love to be the only BCS school in the state.

Rhoads* has played Iowa once. Kirk was 4-19 in his first two years. Give Rhoads a chance to get his program in place. You realize you are going back a whole 4 years by going back 3 coaches?

Gosh if you guys are so superior why don't you beat us everytime? That's what I'm confused by? Only 5 times in the last decade? Not real ownage as of late. Yeah you pummeled us last year, I understand that. Both of us can use different time frames to make each ourselves look better. Iowa State will benefit financially from the latest conference shuffle, so Texas "stealing our lunch money" is wrong.

If Iowa was in the Big 12 they would have been in the same position as Iowa State (I realize this is a moot point).... btw are you drunk?

How about the all-time time frame? Whats that look like? Just wondering.

Rhoads* has played Iowa once. Kirk was 4-19 in his first two years. Give Rhoads a chance to get his program in place. You realize you are going back a whole 4 years by going back 3 coaches?

Gosh if you guys are so superior why don't you beat us everytime? That's what I'm confused by? Only 5 times in the last decade? Not real ownage as of late. Yeah you pummeled us last year, I understand that. Both of us can use different time frames to make each ourselves look better. Iowa State will benefit financially from the latest conference shuffle, so Texas "stealing our lunch money" is wrong.

If Iowa was in the Big 12 they would have been in the same position as Iowa State (I realize this is a moot point).... btw are you drunk?

Iowa wouldnt have gone 5-19 over the past 3 years in conference play in the B12 North and therefore conferences other than the Mid-American would've wanted us.

A clone fan said earlier on this thread about how us hawk fans think our team is so superior. Thats because we are superior in football to ISU. Watch the highlights of the BCS game we just won and then watch your insight bowl. Its night and day.

Every year that goes by that five game win streak the Clones had against us gets further and further in the rear view mirror. 5 out of the last 7 clone fans...remember that.

(I know I was being sarcastic, sorry for the confusion)

No confusion. I knew where you were coming from. I wanted to put the overall record up there anyway. Things like that need to be brought up to refresh some people's memories from time to time.

Latest posts