I will admit it...

Mesa, It is absolutely true that ISU has a winning record over Kirk Ferentz. Can't deny the facts.

Now be absolutely honest with us. Do you believe that when Kirk Ferentz ends his career at Iowa, whenever that is, he will still have a losing record against ISU? Now be totally honest with us, and don't give us any "who knows what the future holds baloney." Do you truly think he will end his Iowa career with a losing record against ISU?

If he bolts for the NFL in a year or two it could be true. And that's a distinct possibility.

Course, we all know that ISU got a few of those wins when KF was trying to revive the program that had hit bottom again.

If he bolts for the NFL in a year or two it could be true. And that's a distinct possibility.

Kirk Ferentz "bolting" to the NFL is absolutely NOT a distinct possibility. I think KF has proven beyond much of a doubt that he (and, more importantly, his family) really loves the life he has now in Iowa City and that the siren call of the NFL is not sweet enough to get him to disrupt it.

At this point I would be quite surprised if KF doesn't retire from coaching as the head coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes.

I think he has a good 10 years or so to run up his record against ISU.

Great...does that fact change anything I've said? No.
Does it alter the fact that ISU has beaten up on KF more than he has on them? Again no.

So you are making an irrelevant point...simply because you have no refutation for what I've said. Rather than re-stating blather, perhaps you should make an actual relevant point. You should try it, its actually very satisfying.

KF is 5-6 against ISU after starting off 0-4. That means after a shaky start during his rebuilding years he has gone 5-2 since. You are absolutely correct, Mesa, that KF has a losing overall record against ISU, but you can not like the more recent trend, especially since we play in Iowa City this year.

Again, Mesa, please give me your honest opinion on wether you think Ferentz will end his career as Iowa head coach with a losing record against ISU. You've been awful quiet on this subject so far, and its not like you to be timid with your opinions.

Kirk Ferentz "bolting" to the NFL is absolutely NOT a distinct possibility. I think KF has proven beyond much of a doubt that he (and, more importantly, his family) really loves the life he has now in Iowa City and that the siren call of the NFL is not sweet enough to get him to disrupt it.

At this point I would be quite surprised if KF doesn't retire from coaching as the head coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes.

I think he has a good 10 years or so to run up his record against ISU.

Disagree. I don't think anyone outside of KF himself knows what his future plans are. He's even alluded to keeping his options open in the future. He probably won't leave but I don't think anyone can say for sure he won't

Now that's some serious obsession with all things ISU. Which is Ok...in fact, I think its great that we make Iowa fans obsess over us. Probably has to with having a winning record against Kirk Ferentz. =)

You do realize that you guys have scored exactly 8 points against us in the last two years right? being outscored 47-8 isn't exactly a team headed in the right direction against us. A 5-6 record against ISU for Ferentz is losing yes...but that can be erased this year too and be put at .500. I doubt that ISU wins more than a couple at most during the rest of his tenure.

This is Ferentz against your team

Supposed Rival Record W/L % Avg PF Avg PA Home W/L Away W/L O-Rec. W/L/T
Iowa St.(Lil' Sis) 5-6 0.46 221(21gm)188(18gm) 3-2 2-4 36-16-0

Last edited:
Again...a winning record against the Hawks....

Iowa has won the last 5 of 7 and is about to make it 6 out of 8 and the series is about to go 39-17.

The clowns won a few in a row when KF was first hired. Spin all you want.

So do you really want to continue with the clowns have a winning record against KF. That is about to end also.

Remember 6 out of 8 after this year....Iowa is back to the Hayden years...OUCH!

The only thing truly missing are the a$$ kickings from Hayden's days...oh wait 34-3 last year and the clowns haven't scored a TD in 14 quarters....

obsess over the clowns....Who posts on the Iowa board all the time little brother???

I believe it was 35-3 :)

You know, Iowa could have easily been in the same position if the conferences switched stability levels.

But the conferences aren't even comparable - there is nothing comparable to the Big Ten because the 13 schools in the Big Ten/CIC share much more than just athletics

I love the whole 'ISU has a winning record against Ferentz' argument. A couple things about that.

You realize you only have this summer to use that right? Once this season rolls around, the argument goes away.

Now, lets look at that a little deeper shall we. The fact is that your current coach has NEVER beat Iowa. If fact, you previous coach has a losing record against Iowa. You have to go back 3 coaches to find a coach with a winning record against Iowa. And guess what, he was a Hawkeye.

So if you want to hang your hat on a record of a coach you lost 4 years ago....knock yourself out. We'll just go ahead a keep our coach.

36-16. We own you.

Great...does that fact change anything I've said? No.
Does it alter the fact that ISU has beaten up on KF more than he has on them? Again no.

So you are making an irrelevant point...simply because you have no refutation for what I've said. Rather than re-stating blather, perhaps you should make an actual relevant point. You should try it, its actually very satisfying.

This is where chants like "Scoreboard, Scoreboard, Scoreboard" came from. Who freakin' cares! We have and WILL ALWAYS have a more solid program that ISwho, end of story.

I love the whole 'ISU has a winning record against Ferentz' argument. A couple things about that.

You realize you only have this summer to use that right? Once this season rolls around, the argument goes away.

Now, lets look at that a little deeper shall we. The fact is that your current coach has NEVER beat Iowa. If fact, you previous coach has a losing record against Iowa. You have to go back 3 coaches to find a coach with a winning record against Iowa. And guess what, he was a Hawkeye.

So if you want to hang your hat on a record of a coach you lost 4 years ago....knock yourself out. We'll just go ahead a keep our coach.

36-16. We own you.

Chizik was 1-1... That isn't a losing record but good try. Don't use the "He was a Hawkeye argument" that is stupid. That's just like me a Cyclone fan saying remember Dan Gable was a Cyclone. Cool.

Chizik was 1-1... That isn't a losing record but good try. Don't use the "He was a Hawkeye argument" that is stupid. That's just like me a Cyclone fan saying remember Dan Gable was a Cyclone. Cool.

Gee. Let me correct that then. "Rhodes does not have a winning record against Ferentz. Chizik does not have a winning record against Ferentz. You have to go back 3 coaches to find an ISU coach with a winning record against Ferentz. There...do you feel better now. Since were taking this trip down memory lane, ya wanna talk about our previous coach's record against ISU? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Face it, ya got nothing. We own you & the south just beat you up and took your lunch money. The whole country is laughing how the weak 5 got pwned & you guys are running around saying "we got a better record than Ferentz." "We got a better record than Ferentz."

LOL

Gee. Let me correct that then. "Rhodes does not have a winning record against Ferentz. Chizik does not have a winning record against Ferentz. You have to go back 3 coaches to find an ISU coach with a winning record against Ferentz. There...do you feel better now. Since were taking this trip down memory lane, ya wanna talk about our previous coach's record against ISU? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Face it, ya got nothing. We own you & the south just beat you up and took your lunch money. The whole country is laughing how the weak 5 got pwned & you guys are running around saying "we got a better record than Ferentz." "We got a better record than Ferentz."

LOL

Rhoads* has played Iowa once. Kirk was 4-19 in his first two years. Give Rhoads a chance to get his program in place. You realize you are going back a whole 4 years by going back 3 coaches?

Gosh if you guys are so superior why don't you beat us everytime? That's what I'm confused by? Only 5 times in the last decade? Not real ownage as of late. Yeah you pummeled us last year, I understand that. Both of us can use different time frames to make each ourselves look better. Iowa State will benefit financially from the latest conference shuffle, so Texas "stealing our lunch money" is wrong.

If Iowa was in the Big 12 they would have been in the same position as Iowa State (I realize this is a moot point).... btw are you drunk?

...I wanted the Big 12 to break up. I wanted it to be no more and I wanted ISU to be kicked to the curb and relegated to a non-BCS conference. I'd prefer it even more if ISU dropped down to FCS (Div. IAA) and joined the Missouri Valley with UNI.

I wanted Iowa to have the entire state, and first dibs on its resources, to itself, like Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc.

People (like Sean Keeler) kept asking how the state would be better off with only one BCS conference school. I don't know. Probably wouldn't. I guess I don't really care. All I know is that the University of Iowa would be better off and, in this instance, I will allow myself to be selfish.

This past football season there were very few ISU fans who didn't spew venemous bile about how crappy the Big 12 was and how unfair it was to ISU. They'd all (still) give their first born to join the Big Ten. Now the Big 12(10) is the best thing since sliced bread and they are dancing in the streets of Ames because the Big 12(10) is continuing on and they get to stay in it.

It looks as if ISU has lucked out for now, and ISU fans should definitely be feeling lucky right now, because this fell in your laps. You did nothing to earn this or make it happen. You were a powerless bystander on the brink of ruin who happened to luck out and get dealt a winning hand.

I wouldn't rest easy, ISU fan. I still think the Big 12(10) is an unstable arraingement, probably even more now. The system is still set up to unfairly benefit the southern schools. It is unbalanced and could fly apart at any time.

I apologize to all ISU fans who are offended by my words. I was only being honest, though. Intellectually, my head tells me that ISU has justs much right to exist and flourish as Iowa does and that there should be room for both of us in this state. Emotionally, though, my heart wants the entire state for Iowa and it resents having to share it with "little brother."

Growing up in extreme Eastern Iowa in the 70's ad 80's, I hardly ever heard a single word about ISU. It was all Hawkeyes, all the time. Even Western Illinois is Hawkeye territory. I was in high school before I fully realized that ISU existed and had athletic teams. Growing up as such, it seems natural to me that all Iowans should be Hawkeye fans: "We're going to fight, fight, fight for Iowa. Let every LOYAL Iowan sing." Emotionally speaking, the mere existence of an Iowa State seems unnatural and disloyal.

So, there you are. I threw all my cards on the table. Again, I aplogize for offending ISU fans, but that's how I feel. And I live in Ames.

GO HAWKS!

count it! +1

I'll never understand all this "we're better than you" crap. We play in 2 different conferences that play different styles of ball. If you ask me Nebraska has been playing Big 10 ball for years. I hate the notion that the state would be better off without ISU, there is room for both schools period. I'm glad to see that the Big 12 survived, IMO 16 team super conferences would just ruin college football. I like that ISU plays Iowa every year and I hope it stays that way.

I'll never understand all this "we're better than you" crap. We play in 2 different conferences that play different styles of ball. If you ask me Nebraska has been playing Big 10 ball for years. I hate the notion that the state would be better off without ISU, there is room for both schools period. I'm glad to see that the Big 12 survived, IMO 16 team super conferences would just ruin college football. I like that ISU plays Iowa every year and I hope it stays that way.

I don't care if there is enough room for both schools! I want Iowa to have the whole state for itself!

Iowa should clearly be the #1 top dog in the state. Every state that borders Iowa, except Illinois, has only one school in a BCS conference. The Badgers, the Gophers, The Cornhuskers and the Tigers are all far and away the top dogs in their state in the college ranks. South Dakota has none.

Nebraska has 60% of our population, but they don't have to share them with anybody.
Minnesota has 1.64 times our population, but they don't have to share them with anybody.
Wisconsin has 1.88 times our population, but they don't have to share them with anybody.
Missouri has 1.99 times our population, but they don't have to share them with anybody.

Iowa has only 3,007,856 people, and yet we are expected (at least by some) to sing "Kumbaya," think happy thoughts and share the state's limited resources equally.

Well, I don't want to share. Sure, there is room for both, but Iowa would be that much better off if they had it all.

I'm not saying I want ISU to fold up and be no more. I just want them to be a clear, distinct and distant #2 to Iowa.

Mesa!! Where are you??? I still haven't found your prediction of KF's final record Vs. ISU. Please don't tell me you're getting shy on us now!

Uh...I have a job. Can't be on here 24/7. His record would depend on how long he's coaching, I'd say. I think he's going to find that Paul Rhoads is a very worthy adversary. So his record, in my estimation, is likely to hover around .500.

Uh...I have a job. Can't be on here 24/7. His record would depend on how long he's coaching, I'd say. I think he's going to find that Paul Rhoads is a very worthy adversary. So his record, in my estimation, is likely to hover around .500.

Thanks for replying, Mesa. I appreciate it. Sorry for pestering you about it, but I did originally ask the question 23 hours and 31 minutes before you answered it. You're usually pretty quick with the replies on the politics board.

Latest posts