I think we need to temper expectations

Correct at 7 feet we should see more productivity even in 15 minutes especially on the glass. Woodbury was ranked 11th nationally at his position coming out of high school. I have been a bit harsh on him and hopefully we'll see some upper body strength in time.

Couldn't this be attributed to lack of player development. Whether due to coaching fault or player fault? Careful now, you don't want to be labeled an idiot or a troll, or both.

Its a moot point because we have so many more bodies getting minutes. So I dont see the purpose.

It is irrelevant to life, but very relevant to this stupid thread. Those are 5 guys that have been in the program for 3 or 4 years. You said they are not developing, so if that is the case then the 5 guys back then should probably play with the 5 guys today right?

I wasn't trying to be a so called "di$k". Just trying to address your concerns. I think it is unrealistic that we will go through the conference unbeaten. But I do think we should finish in the top 4-5 and have a very good season. I am not as concerned about the offense as you are. I am a little bit worried about our post defense, but like I stated earlier, that should hopefully work itself out as we get more games under our belt. I am looking forward to playing our style of bball in the btn against some of the teams that run set half-court sets all game. Should be like last year only a little bit more polished.

That's not exactly what I said and I even changed my own opinion on the problem, real or imagined, in this very thread. So why are you still being a dick?

Couldn't this be attributed to lack of player development. Whether due to coaching fault or player fault? Careful now, you don't want to be labeled an idiot or a troll, or both.

Yes. It is all on the coaching that Woody isn't Olajuwon in his SO year. Nevermind the fact that he is better than he was last year. He is not all-world so the coaching is failing.

There's nothing easy or automatic about making the Sweet 16, that's for sure. Except for maybe an occasional 16 seed with a losing record who just got hot at the right time and won their conference tournament, every team is in that tournament for a reason and can't be taken lightly. Losing in the first or second round doesn't mean the year was a failure.. That stuff happens. But I DO expect Iowa to be a part of the party this year. NIT this year = failure IMO.

That said, I don't see any reason why Iowa CAN'T make the Sweet 16 although that doesn't mean I DEMAND it, and I do agree that kind of talk is putting the cart before the horse. Conference play hasn't even started yet.

We are on the same page. with everything you've said here.

I had so many posts to respond to while reading through this thread. But by the time I got to the end I was so overwhelmed with stupid that I don't have anything to say.

Yes. It is all on the coaching that Woody isn't Olajuwon in his SO year. Nevermind the fact that he is better than he was last year. He is not all-world so the coaching is failing.

Cherry pick my post for your strawman argument. I said coach OR player. Reading comprehension isnt one of your strenghts, is it? Or do you fully comprehend but just prefer to be a dick? That's ok if you are that type of guy. I know some guys like that.

My expectations have actually gone up since watching this team.... a little ahead of where I thought.

Mine too. I think a lot of people are pleased with how this team is playing. But I find I need to remind myslef not to put them on too high of a pedestal. This team is good, but it's not among the elite just yet.

Cherry pick my post for your strawman argument. I said coach OR player. Reading comprehension isnt one of your strenghts, is it? Or do you fully comprehend but just prefer to be a dick? That's ok if you are that type of guy. I know some guys like that.

So this is all about your hatred for Woody then? You have been shown a list of all of the players that have improved greatly, but you still stick to your agrument. Maybe it is your way of speaking in code bince everyone is sick of the Woody threads.

But yeah, you make sure to save this thread so that you can tell everyone how right you are when we lose at MSU. :rolleyes:

Mine too. I think a lot of people are pleased with how this team is playing. But I find I need to remind myslef not to put them on too high of a pedestal. This team is good, but it's not among the elite just yet.

It will really just depend on the night. There will be nights this year where this team could be darn near unbeatable, and then there will be nights where the opposite is true.

So this is all about your hatred for Woody then? You have been shown a list of all of the players that have improved greatly, but you still stick to your agrument. Maybe it is your way of speaking in code bince everyone is sick of the Woody threads.

But yeah, you make sure to save this thread so that you can tell everyone how right you are when we lose at MSU. :rolleyes:

Are you capable of responding without putting words in my mouth? We're done, dick. Until you can grow up and act like an 18+yr old.

Are you capable of responding without putting words in my mouth? We're done, dick. Until you can grow up and act like an 18+yr old.

Marble has progressed. McCabe has progressed. Basabe has progressed. White has progressed. Olaseni has progressed. Ogles by was much better last year as a defender than he was as a freshman. Gesell, clemmons, and woody are better than when they got to campus. If you don't want me putting words in your mouth, please tell me exactly who you think has not progressed at all. TIA.

I hope the irony of you telling me to grow up as you call names and take your ball home is not lost on you.

Latest posts