I think Kirk Wants to hire Tom Moore

Look at the post I quoted, you were crying about being banned. You might actually think that you aren't whinning about it, in the same way most 5 year olds don't realize when they are whinning......:rolleyes:

I think the first statement I made was how much I enjoyed the randomness of the "banning". But don't let that get in the way of your spectacular quoting skillz. {championship belt move}

Re: Good grief man...

Whether or not the info on wikipedia is relevant, credible, or otherwise is not the point. The point is that no professional would ever use it as a source. Most college courses don't even allow it to be cited as a reference. I agree that BF is a fine young coach and in time could become even better, but to think he was going to assume play calling duties for the Pats is absurd. Why would he leave that gig to be the o-line coach at a mid-level college program. What is Jon's source in the first place for the info that he was being considered for these responsibilities? Wikipedia I suppose.

i'm sure you are still looking, and I'm in the clear because i'd say the following to your face. you are a dbag, especially if you can't figure out the answers to the questions you pose in this post.

I think the first statement I made was how much I enjoyed the randomness of the "banning". But don't let that get in the way of your spectacular quoting skillz. {championship belt move}

Thank you, I've been waiting for recognition on HN forever now!!

Seriously though, suck it up, we all act like babies on here from time to time (or at least I do) ;)

Folks, move along here. I am not looking for moderation feedback nor folks complaining about bannings, etc. There are literally tens of thousands of people who get along just fine on this site, no problems at all. More like 100,000+. If you worried about banning protocol, or don't like it, chances are it's there with you in mind..the old 'throw a rock into a pack of dogs, and the one that yelps is the one you meant to hit'

If you want to go back to posting what this topic was to start with, that would be great. If you wish to keep talking about moderation and such, start a post in the off topic forum.

Last edited:
Folks, move along here. I am not looking for moderation feedback nor folks complaining about bannings, etc. There are literally tens of thousands of people who get along just fine on this site, no problems at all. More like 100,000+. If you worried about banning protocol, or don't like it, chances are it's there with you in mind..the old 'throw a rock into a pack of dogs, and the one that yelps is the one you meant to hit'

If you want to go back to posting what this topic was to start with, that would be great. If you wish to keep talking about moderation and such, start a post in the off topic forum.

Miller, where the hell you been? I started an OT thread on this very topic, BEFORE it was a topic. Giving me the keys was a great idea for you.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/...eys-there-going-some-changes-around-here.html

I think Tom Moore would be a fine hire.

[this post has been USDA certified 100% free of dbaggery, asshattery or jackwagonry]

Folks, move along here. I am not looking for moderation feedback nor folks complaining about bannings, etc. There are literally tens of thousands of people who get along just fine on this site, no problems at all. More like 100,000 . If you worried about banning protocol, or don't like it, chances are it's there with
you in mind..the old 'throw a rock into a pack of dogs, and the one that yelps is the one you meant to hit'If you want to go back to posting what this topic was to start with, that would be great. If you wish to keep talking about moderation and such, start a post in the off topic forum.
Miller, where the hell you been? I started an OT thread on this very topic, BEFORE it was a topic. Giving me the keys was
a great idea for you.http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/...ys-there-going-some-changes -around-here.html

Just when I thought I had a link to get in to the OT forum from my smartphone to continue to read about debauchery, it goes nowhere but to login page. Or was it decided that the recruiting forum is the new OT for phones?

I know he has UI ties. From eastern Iowa.

But how will this affect recruiting?

Is he diabetic or suffering congestive heart failure or some other chronic illness?

Before piling on, recall we just endured some business due to advanced age and degenerative disease on the staff.

I think it's fair to ask.

I know he has UI ties. From eastern Iowa. But how will this affect recruiting? Is he diabetic or suffering congestive heart failure or some other chronic illness? Before piling on, recall we just endured some business due to advanced age and degenerative disease on the staff. I think it's fair to ask.

Very true. Also when i eat cap n crunch it wrecks the roof of my mouth. Yes hes old blah blah blah...he wont go on the road recruiting. Ever. Not his job. But to have a dude on staff to teach the new blood and even old blood(kf) would be priceless for only a few years(imo)...transition...

I haven't been told anything personally, but TOS is "reporting" that Moore turned us down and that Davis is the leader.

IF true:

Meh.

Folks, move along here. I am not looking for moderation feedback nor folks complaining about bannings, etc. There are literally tens of thousands of people who get along just fine on this site, no problems at all. More like 100,000 . If you worried about banning protocol, or don't like it, chances are it's there with you in mind..the old 'throw a rock into a pack of dogs, and the one that yelps is the one you meant to hit'If you want to go back to posting what this topic was to start with, that would be great. If you wish to keep talking about moderation and such, start a post in the off topic forum.
Miller, where the hell you been? I started an OT thread on this very topic, BEFORE it was a topic. Giving me the keys was a great idea for you.http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/...eys-there-going-some-changes-around-here.html
Just when I thought I had a link to get in to the OT forum from my smartphone to continue to read about debauchery, it goes nowhere but to login page. Or was it decided that the recruiting forum is the new OT for phones?

That's another thread as well!

Very true. Also when i eat cap n crunch it wrecks the roof of my mouth. Yes hes old blah blah blah...he wont go on the road recruiting. Ever. Not his job. But to have a dude on staff to teach the new blood and even old blood(kf) would be priceless for only a few years(imo)...transition...

I find your lack of win disturbing.

I haven't been told anything personally, but TOS is "reporting" that Moore turned us down and that Davis is the leader.

IF true:

Meh.

I think that has been the thing with Moore the entire time. I am highly confident he came to IC to meet with Kirk and I think Kirk wanted him for the job...but it was in Moore's court and perhaps he just feels the rigors of the job are not what he wants to take on right now and at this stage of his life.

Which is why I have been saying that I think Moore is the guy Kirk wants for the job, but I have no idea what Moore's thought process has been

IF true:

Meh.

He was despised by Longhorn nation. They practically threw a parade when he was forced out (ahem, "resigned") but this seems to be the case with almost every OC at every school so who knows?

He's also not a young man by any stretch so it would follow typical KF hiring patterns for coordinators.

I'm not sure how he would fair without a stable full of 4-5 star athletes. UT recruiting alone could make a lot of coaches successful. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see, but there seems to be a lot of heat around him right now. I think one of the Iowa scribes confirmed that he was interviewed. That's a lot more information than we got during the DC hire.

I haven't been told anything personally, but TOS is "reporting" that Moore turned us down and that Davis is the leader.IF true:Meh.
He was despised by Longhorn nation. They practically threw a parade when he was forced out (ahem, "resigned") but this seems to be the case with almost every OC at every school so who knows? He's also not a young man by any stretch so it would follow typical KF hiring patterns for coordinators. I'm not sure how he would fair without a stable full of 4-5 star athletes. UT recruiting alone could make a lot of coaches successful. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see, but there seems to be a lot of heat around him right now. I think one of the Iowa scribes confirmed that he was interviewed.
That's a lot more information than
we got during the DC hire.

Doesn't the fact that he's from texas (at least this last decade) help offset the talent debate to a small degree, in that he should/could probably step up that area for recruiting for us?

Yunno, If you really think about it. If you were an OC worth your salt, would you really want to work for KF?

Think all the up-and-coming guys for that position are going to want WAY more freedom than is available through KF's system. On top of that, how many guys are actually out there that still would feel comfortable operating under a standard I formation, QB under center scheme?

He really might have to go with an older coach, or a position coach just to find someone willing or able to execute his offensive game plan.

Yunno, If you really think about it. If you were an OC worth your salt, would you really want to work for KF?

Think all the up-and-coming guys for that position are going to want WAY more freedom than is available through KF's system. On top of that, how many guys are actually out there that still would feel comfortable operating under a standard I formation, QB under center scheme?

He really might have to go with an older coach, or a position coach just to find someone willing or able to execute his offensive game plan.

Someone who has aspirations to be an OC or HC in the NFL would want to work in a pro style offense.

Also CAAR- you are wanted in a few threads in the basketball forum.

Latest posts