I think Kirk Wants to hire Tom Moore

One could make the argument that Kirk isn't more concerned with helping Brian's career advance than winning games, but one most definitely cannot argue that he isn't concerned with helping Brian's career advance. I don't think it is a bad hire, but to call someone ignorant for saying Kirk is more concerned about advancing Brian's career is simply "ignorant." Kirk is set for a very sweet retirement. He obviously wants to win games, but I'm pretty sure winning games isn't as important as seeing his son be successful. We'd all probably feel the same way.

One could make the argument that Kirk isn't more concerned with helping Brian's career advance than winning games, but one most definitely cannot argue that he isn't concerned with helping Brian's career advance. I don't think it is a bad hire, but to call someone ignorant for saying Kirk is more concerned about advancing Brian's career is simply "ignorant." Kirk is set for a very sweet retirement. He obviously wants to win games, but I'm pretty sure winning games isn't as important as seeing his son be successful. We'd all probably feel the same way.

I think most coaches would find the NE TE's job more prestigious than Iowa o-line job. At best its lateral. BF was a highly thought of young coach in NFL circles. I assume BF really wanted to coach college football, and really wanted to do it at Iowa. If he spent another 3-4 years will the Patriots, the world was his oyster.

If his name was different, people would be wondering how we stole a 28 year old coaching prodigy from Billl Belichick.

I think this is fairly ignorant, actually. Kirk Ferentz wants to win football games and compete for titles. Brian Ferentz is highly qualified to be Iowa's OL coach, and the Patriots were considering him for some possible play calling duties before they brought McDaniels back in.

The Patriots were considering him for SOME POSSIBLE PLAY CALLING DUTIES. Are they just letting all their coaches call a few plays each game or what. You are an idiot Miller. The New England Patriots are going to let a unproven young tight ends coach call plays. Huh.

I think this is fairly ignorant, actually. Kirk Ferentz wants to win football games and compete for titles. Brian Ferentz is highly qualified to be Iowa's OL coach, and the Patriots were considering him for some possible play calling duties before they brought McDaniels back in.
The Patriots were considering him for SOME POSSIBLE PLAY CALLING DUTIES. Are they just letting all their coaches call a few plays each game or what. You are an idiot Miller. The New England Patriots are going to let a unproven young tight ends coach call plays. Huh.

actually mcdaniels was calling plays before he was named oc the first time he was with ne. and he was bf's age at that time and had about the same experience. mcdaniels was an unproven qb coach when he started calling plays. at least do your research before you make your comments. jd was actually on point.

Don't know if it's going to get done or not, but I am highly confident that Kirk would like to bring Moore in as his OC.

I think Brian Ferentz would learn a great deal from him, as I just feel Ferentz is going to be the OC in a few years (if they can bring in a mentor like Moore). I also know Ferentz is very high on David Raih, former Iowa QB and current GA. I think he is a GA for another year or so, but could learn a great deal under Moore related to QB coaching, etc.

I don't believe Moore is a done deal yet and do not know what obstacles exist, if any.

There is no place for this type of rumor garbage on this website.
This is serious business we're discussing on this website.
Unfounded and hurtfull.
Can you imagine how Lester Erb feels after reading this garbage.

Don't know if it's going to get done or not, but I am highly confident that Kirk would like to bring Moore in as his OC.

I think Brian Ferentz would learn a great deal from him, as I just feel Ferentz is going to be the OC in a few years (if they can bring in a mentor like Moore). I also know Ferentz is very high on David Raih, former Iowa QB and current GA. I think he is a GA for another year or so, but could learn a great deal under Moore related to QB coaching, etc.

I don't believe Moore is a done deal yet and do not know what obstacles exist, if any.

And if Moore doesn't work for any reason....I see Lester Erb being the first internal candidate to receive coordinator duties.

With Tom Moore, You had Peyton Manning. To be able to coach a more competitive mind and gamer like Peyton says a lot. For him to come back to Iowa and take these young guys under his wings for a period of time will go a long ways. I say do it! If possible.

Going from a position coach with one of the best NFL organizations to being a position coach in a Big Ten school is not a step up. At best, BEST, its a lateral move but not even likely.

So you can very easily argue that this is perhaps a risky career move for Brian...and I guarantee you father and son talked about that...because we'd all agree Kirk likely wouldn't want to cause Brian's career to stall, right?

So yes, the post I referred to as ignorant, stands; it's ignorant.

Going from a position coach with one of the best NFL organizations to being a position coach in a Big Ten school is not a step up. At best, BEST, its a lateral move but not even likely.

So you can very easily argue that this is perhaps a risky career move for Brian...and I guarantee you father and son talked about that...because we'd all agree Kirk likely wouldn't want to cause Brian's career to stall, right?

So yes, the post I referred to as ignorant, stands; it's ignorant.

Ignorant is too generous.

It's embarrassing for the University to be affiliated with people who believe our head coach is trying to do anything else but win games.

I'm not in love with KF, and I have been critical of him, but to think he is concerned with anything football related beyond winning games suggests that you need to put your tinfoil hat down, as well as your bong, and the bottle of whiskey.

From wikipedia:

McDaniels joined the Patriots in 2001 as a personnel assistant. From 2002 to 2003, he served as a defensive coaching assistant for the team, working with the defensive backs in 2003. In 2004, he became the team's quarterbacks coach. After offensive coordinator Charlie Weis left the team following the 2004 season, the Patriots did not name an offensive coordinator for the 2005 season. According to The New York Times, in 2008, it was McDaniels who called the offensive plays for the 2005 season, although suggestions to that effect were made in 2005. After the season, McDaniels was officially promoted to offensive coordinator, while retaining his responsibilities coaching the team's quarterbacks

McDaniels and Ferentz have had pretty much identical career paths with New England...and McDaniels was calling plays in 2004 as a 28 year old and OC at 29. Brian began his Pats career as a personal assistant, then started working with tight ends although not officially a position coach, then became an official position coach...and he will be 29 next month.

Next?

Ignorant is too generous.

It's embarrassing for the University to be affiliated with people who believe our head coach is trying to do anything else but win games..

If there are truly Iowa fans that believe this, I really hope they just pass this site by and go pollute someone else's message boards. I don't want them around here.

Latest posts