I think Kirk is stuck in a time warp

This is an offensive scheme that Iowa doesn't have players for.

What scheme DO we have players for?

I'm serious--what are we successful at? Our OLine couldn't push the Indiana D up the middle yesterday. Our receivers run the wrong routes. We don't have enough good, healthy running backs.

Maybe we ARE running the offensive scheme that fits our players best?

Crap, that's depressing.

This has to be the worst offense I have seen at Iowa. Totally vanilla. No imagination. This is an offensive scheme that Iowa doesn't have players for. It makes no sense to run it. You run with what you have, not what you wish you had. Totally rediculus.

Yep. I always said Rich Rodriguez would have gotten another year at Michigan had he not done this exact thing. He fully implemented his spread offense with Carr's players, went 3-9, and got the fans against him right away. Of course, if he fielded just a semi-competent defense, his last team probably would have been 9-3 and he might still be there anyway, but you've got to implement things in pieces. From day one with the Hawks this year, it's felt like an incoherent mess, and like the players are running stuff in games that they've only run through a few times in practice.

Master a small portion of the GD passing game for week 1, add another the next week, etc., is how this should go. Not: here's our whole new offense; we'll look totally incompetent each week for a totally different reason.

A time warp Jon is a good way to put it.

Let's look at it in terms of a technology analogy. KF's philosophy is somewhere in the middle of a desktop computer and a PC. Most programs today are in the IPAD/IPHONE mode.

While KF's ways still work, technically, they don't match up well with the new technology being used today.

That is why I have said in prior posts the MODERN game of football has passed him and this coaching staff by.

Spineless. OK, you take Kirk's best years and insert Stoops into the program. I believe we would have been just as good or better and I have always felt that Stoops and Co. would run circles around KF in recruiting. So, now that we are close to rock bottom I still hold firm on my pro-Stoops stand. Although, I am still also pro-Mr. Davis also.

Latest posts