I think Kirk is stuck in a time warp

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Not going for it late, it makes sense when you have a defense like Iowa had in 2002-2004 or 2008-2010. But it doesn't make sense when you have a defense like Iowa has this year. Its as if he forgets the make up of his current teams.

Not going for it late, it makes sense when you have a defense like Iowa had in 2002-2004 or 2008-2010. But it doesn't make sense when you have a defense like Iowa has this year. Its as if he forgets the make up of his current teams.

I think the same thing every time they call a pass play.

It's just another example of his refusal to adjust to the personnel he has. He stubbornly insists on trying to force square pegs into round holes. And he has an average won-loss record to show for it.

I think the same thing every time they call a pass play.

I'll agree with this, provided it's a play from THIS year's playbook. Vandy actually looked solid when running the kind of plays we ran under KOK.

Jon

I got stuck watching the ISU - Okie game. Did you watch it? Stoops turned the game around by having the balls to go for it at the end of the first half. Kirk has done a tremendous job over the past 12 years but I prefer Stoops,

It's just another example of his refusal to adjust to the personnel he has. He stubbornly insists on trying to force square pegs into round holes. And he has an average won-loss record to show for it.

I felt this way all of 2007..then the next year, they tore people up on the ground....I get not wanting to make drastic changes year to year because it can affect your program. Illinois tried to become a passing team in 2008 with Juice, which was stupid. You can't make wholesale changes year to year.

That said, there are things that just aren't working this year, and they haven't worked all year. The power look on short yardage has been stuffed nearly every time this year.

I felt this way all of 2007..then the next year, they tore people up on the ground....I get not wanting to make drastic changes year to year because it can affect your program. Illinois tried to become a passing team in 2008 with Juice, which was stupid. You can't make wholesale changes year to year.

That said, there are things that just aren't working this year, and they haven't worked all year. The power look on short yardage has been stuffed nearly every time this year.

A banged up Oline that wasn't very good before two starters went down.

A banged up Oline that wasn't very good before two starters went down.

Disagree. They were one of the three best OL's in the league at that time. Losing Scherff was huge. Losing Scherff and NOT having Rogers these last two games has been critical. Two best blockers on the team

The hell with it, who cares anymore. There will always be an excuse and stupidity that goes along with this program. I am watching K-State run an offense that is borderline genius and surgical they way they move the ball and they don't have any more talent than we do. I wish Ferentz would of left for the NFL years ago now. He can't coach anymore.

The hell with it, who cares anymore. There will always be an excuse and stupidity that goes along with this program. I am watching K-State run an offense that is borderline genius and surgical they way they move the ball and they don't have any more talent than we do. I wish Ferentz would of left for the NFL years ago now. He can't coach anymore.

BOOM.
Totally agree.

Fans just need to be patient. Iowa will be contending for a bowl in another 2-3 years. Have faith!

Latest posts