I think it's Hubbard. Cast your vote

hawkIhoops

I remember reading an article, I think from the Des Moines Register, about Iowa offering Hubbard. It mentioned McCaffrey calling Hubbard's juco coach in Texas and MD to get their input and calling pretty much anyone else associated with the kid to make sure he has squared his troubled past away. This would jive with the comment about "McCaffrey personally recruiting" the player.

Who knows? Could be someone that has flown off the radar.

The fact that Keno and/or Rodell Davis recruited him to Providence makes the scenario a little more interesting. Still a shot in the dark...but interesting.

Think it is Phillip Miller from Texas. Maybe got ACT score back and qualified.

If it is Hubbard then great but would question why they would not offer Glover as well. Disappointing if they plan on using Hubbard as a backup PG next year instead of having a 3 year JUCO in Glover as a true PG AND Hubbard at the 2/3 spot for both of his years.

If it is Hubbard then great but would question why they would not offer Glover as well. Disappointing if they plan on using Hubbard as a backup PG next year instead of having a 3 year JUCO in Glover as a true PG AND Hubbard at the 2/3 spot for both of his years.

I agree I don't think its hubbard that wouldn't cancel out Glover. My second guess is Cody Mann.

Agree its Miller and feel real good about Hubbard. If so, I'm more than happy.

My theory is this. Fran feels good about a Hubbard commitment AND he has a silent/soft commit from a true PG. Thus he pulls Glover's offer. Fran does NOT feel good about where he stands with Katenda and Olaseni and needs the extra visit for another big. NO more guards will be visiting.

Who ever this is its not Hubbard. Not saying Hubbard won't be a Hawk just that Iowa wouldn't pull Glover's offer because Hubbard committed.

He is announcing Saturday, the 23rd, which is his deceased brother's birthday.

I'm assuming he told Fran in advance.

When asked, Hubbard said it was not him. I believe the article said that Iowa gets a committ from a pg. Hubbard could back-up Cartright but I dont believe he is considered a pg.

Latest posts