I think it's Hubbard. Cast your vote

When asked, Hubbard said it was not him. I believe the article said that Iowa gets a committ from a pg. Hubbard could back-up Cartright but I dont believe he is considered a pg.

Well, that would make sense for him to say no, especially if he wants to announce as a tribute to his brother.

The article didn't mention position.

“(Coach McCaffery) was recruiting somebody else and I guess they committed or something like that,â€￾ Glover said.

Glover was expected to choose between Iowa and Nebraska, but now he is making plans to visit Penn State.

“It’s unfortunate, but I understand,â€￾ Glover said. “But I’ll probably see you in the Big Ten.â€￾

Ahhh. That would make sense.

I can see why Fran would want either Glover or Hubbard versus taking both. Even though Glover plays some pg, the video floating around portrays him more as a wing. He doesn't look real quick.

But it doesn't make sense that Hubbard is the pg commit Glover is referring to. :confused:

"But it doesn't make sense that Hubbard is the pg commit Glover is referring to."

Glover never said point guard, all the PG talk is speculation.

You nailed it Stratter. It's Hubbard. Unlike the other guys on here, I think Hubbard and Glover are similar players. And I don't think Fran needs two more wings with May, Marble, McCabe, and Gatens in the fold next year plus White and Oglesby. It seems to me a crowded position already. Hubbard may have gotten a little anxious with Glover having an offer and scheduled to show up tomorrow.

It makes sense he would tell Fran but ask him to keep it quiet so he could honor his bro on the 23rd.

With a legit scoring threat in Hubbard, Fran's sights would now be on a big and a point.

Last edited:
My theory is this. Fran feels good about a Hubbard commitment AND he has a silent/soft commit from a true PG. Thus he pulls Glover's offer. Fran does NOT feel good about where he stands with Katenda and Olaseni and needs the extra visit for another big. NO more guards will be visiting.

This is exactly my initial thought with Miller being the verbal PG commit. Even though the ACT website indicates scores won't be available until the 25th, that is only 3 business days from now. I think he got his scores already.

I think Hubbard has told him he's coming or he feels highly confident.

He wants to save the official visits to pursue another big including Gibson in lieu of, or in case, Olaseni doesn't commit.

Last edited:
Not Hubbard, think we are looking at him as a slasher/scorer.It'll be someone else. Am totally confused as to who lol.Think we get both, and some kind of big to round out a nice class. We get those five guys,with what we have for a base WE'LL BE DANGEROUS!!

This is a super mind f*ck

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqazVa9RoZs&feature=related]YouTube - Human Giant: Illusionators (Episode 1) Rob Riggle[/ame]

"That's the best magic I've ever seen and I've seen a **** ton of magic"

I wouldn't take Glover's second hand explanation as the bible. He doesn't know what happened. He just knows the coaches told him his visit is off, and they said it was because of another player. That could be true, it could be a gentle lie, he could have been a fall-back for Hubbard, who knows. We obviously viewed him as a fall-back, that's why his visit was scheduled late.

It must absolutely kill the premium members on TOS that thanks to EJ's Twitter and Fran's stealth activities they don't ever have any more of a clue than anyone else as to what is going on!

It must absolutely kill the premium members on TOS that thanks to EJ's Twitter and Fran's stealth activities they don't ever have any more of a clue than anyone else as to what is going on!

I've often felt the same. Why pay extra to be an "insider" when somebody always spills the beans 5 minutes after it's posted anyway:confused:

I'm gonna go with Paige changing his commitment from UNC to Iowa. :)

This...and Harrison Barnes isn't coming back to play for UNC...he's coming back to Iowa to help Paige wake up a sleeping giant...and to further pi$$ off the Cyclone fans he stabbed in the heart with his announcement...

Latest posts