I think it is Stoops

Well, I think it is Bradley from PSU. If they clean house he will be looking for a job and is a very good defensive mind.

Just a gut feeling here too.

I said Alford would be hired as Iowa's coach... sorry for that one.
I said Lickliter would be gone very soon when they hired him.
I said Stanzi would start if Haley was fired... looks to be true.
I said GW Bush would be a 2 term President after his inagural election
I said Obama would be elected President after hearing him speak as a statesman far before he annnounced he would even run.

I have had many wrong gut feelings as well. Yet here is a guy who seems to be getting a lot of press everywhere to join there staff and nothing has happened yet. Only delays I see is the Norm retirement. So, doesn't it make sense? Why has he not taken anything else yet. Maybe he has and is just letting Norm have his day as he deserves.

The big question is, what's going to happen with Kim Kardashian?

Apparently people don't follow football too closely in this forum. Stoops wore out his welcome at freaking ARIZONA because of his tirades, antics, temper, handling of players and the team. Did any of the experts watch any AZ games post the firing? Basically the players tuned the guy out due to his yelling and screaming and said he took the fun out of the game. Think about all of this for 10 seconds before posting you think he is the guy. Do you really think Ferentz or the U wants some nut yelling and screaming on the sidelines? I went to Iowa-AZ game two years ago and Tucson is the armpit of AZ and their fans are trailer park to put it midly and they still cut ties with this guy.

Even if none of the above were in play, KF will not hire anyone outside the program because he must maintain the status quo at all costs. Bringing in an outsider, especially someone like Stoops who might, God forbid, want to change something, isn't in the cards.
Amen to that. I don't want the guy.

Not that I think the Mike Stoops & his antics crowd are wrong...

But have you ever been close enough to the Iowa sideline to watch Rick Kaczenski in action?!?!

The big question is, what's going to happen with Kim Kardashian?

Well hopefully she disappears but we couldn't be so lucky.

On another note and back to my gut feelings. I told my boss that the Euro will probably drop into 1.20's come mid December. 4 days ago it looked like my prediction would be off as the Euro was around 1.34 / 1.35.... well today is Dec 14th folks and the Euro has dropped fast down to 1.29. Could have made him an extra 8K if he would have waited a few days.

Council Bluffs says "hello"

I kid, I kid.

If you take that label away from Waterloo then they have nothing.

About the DC, my dream candidate would Dan McCarney. I don't know how hard it would be to get him from North Texas, but he would be the perfect compliment to KF. He's are firey as they come but still represents the university well. Back when Mac was at Iowa, ISU, Florida he always recruited players who matched his passion and fire. KF really needs that spark. If Stoops can bring that spark then fine, but I hope it's not Parker.

I have wanted stoops as dc, but reconsidered, he would be dc 3 years tops. Those former head coaches are always looking for new head coach opportunities. One good year and their gone.

I would love to see Stoops get the opportunity. I have been a broken record on this front but this coaching staff needs some new blood. Moving guys around within the regime is not the answer. But witnessing Kirk's makeup the past 13 seasons I just don't see it happening. I think Phil Parker gets the nod. Parker may do a nice job but I think Kirk will miss an opportunity if he simply goes with the loyalty factor ...

Nobody seems to be considering that Stoops may be waiting to see if Venables at OU takes a head coaching job somewhere. If he does, it would make sense for Stoops join big brother Bob in Norman, wouldn't it?

Nobody seems to be considering that Stoops may be waiting to see if Venables at OU takes a head coaching job somewhere. If he does, it would make sense for Stoops join big brother Bob in Norman, wouldn't it?

Except the person with the 6th post in this thread.

I think Mike is waiting for Bob Stoops to bring him in to replace Brent Venables at OU.
Sooner fans are not happy with their defense this year,and are hoping that Venables gets a job offer to allow Mike to jump in.

Bob probably will push Brent hard to move on,then bring Mike back.

Latest posts