I think Iowa gets into the NIT

Spank, if it's a boy please don't name him Chester, every time I meet a Chester I can't help but call him "Chester The Molester"

Spank, I'm seeing the Illini listed as a 4 seed at nit-ology. I thought I heard the Illini AD say they were not going to participate. So I'm assuming you think that the Hawks will take their space?

Congratulations on the soon-to-be new addition, Spank! I'll feed off your optimism and agree with you. I think we are in as well, and that we'll get a home game.

Spank, I'm seeing the Illini listed as a 4 seed at nit-ology. I thought I heard the Illini AD say they were not going to participate. So I'm assuming you think that the Hawks will take their space?

Someone in another thread linked that Illinois would accept a bid.

Spank, if we do get in the NIT, I hope your kid won't prevent you from breaking down the other 31 NIT teams by tomorrow morning. The NIT starts on Tuesday and your going to be able to spend time with your kid for many years, so make the right choice.

This!

Seriously, congrats on baby, Spank.
Will you make him/her a child actor sponsor of pizza too?

100% adrenaline-fueled optimism and the fact that I can't believe the NIT would take MN and ILL over Iowa. That's just ridiculous.
This makes sense, and the fact that we beat four of five top twenty teams. That and the committees pay more attention to the last ten games, rather then the first ten, thank the Lord.

The national attention Matt and the Hawks have received lately could very easily sway the committee.....

The Hawks are America's Team and Cinderella all at the same time.....

:D

Well, Stormin, Matt is a very nice name, strong and biblical at the same time.....

One of the best days in life is the day one's children are born.....

:)

I just now saw this thread, but about an hour ago I was suddenly thinking that we hadn't heard anything about spanks new baby and I was going to check the birth announcements here. Maybe his wife was having her then.

Matt is good. David or Samuel are a good too. So is Sara or Rebecca. And you're right, Jack...new baby birthdays are awesome.

With Iona moving into NCAA, and Illannoy most likely dropping out of post-season due to their situation and terrible finish, that's 2 potential spots for Hawks.

That "aggressive" bid was probably included pointing out the different directions between Iowa and Illannoy during the last month of the season.

It's a girl! :)

jvl-baby2.png

Latest posts